Chapter 48

Silence

As you felt sure that they had left, you tried to stand but you can only sit on the bed. Your strength was too weak.

"What's happening?" You blinked your eyes. You were breathless. 

Manager Oppa came in and help you to stand. You were a bit embarassed that he had to see you like this. 

"Will you be okay walking by yourself?" he asked as you pushed him gently away.

"I'll be fine," you said taking small steps.

"Are you sure you don't need my help?" he asked. He was ready to catch if I was to fall.

"Well, no. Oppa can help me by carrying my bag." 

As sick as you are right there and then, you didn't want to stop writing. You desparately needed to finished your book before you leave. It was the thing you wanted to do. Even if you die, the book was your priority and no other.

"Maybe we should get something to eat first. You must be hungry." Oppa offered, turning into a corner. You were on your way to the hosptal now, you have to get checked up. 

"Yeah, I need something to fill my empty tank." You joked, smiling weakly. Manager oppa felt pity for you. He knows, there's no point for you to act like your okay.

"What would you like?" he asked.

"Anything is fine.." you smiled.

Manager Oppa exited the van and entered a store. He came out with some sandwinches.

 

The van was parked and the entrance door slides open as you step closer. Manager oppa saw how scared you were. 

Test after test, your anxiety grew.

Will you be okay?

Are you that sick?

Will this affect your future?

You seated yourself in a chair near the doctor, Manager oppa was right behind you. The doctor didn't speak for a while. He was just looking through your test results.

Hands was placed on both your shoulder, Manager oppa was helping you go through this.

"From what I see here..." the doctor started. "Choi Yoora-shii might possibly be surferring from a tumor growth."

"Tumor?" Manager oppa asked.

"Tumor....?" you whispered, looking at nowhere. 

Ba-bump. Ba-bamp. Ba-bump. All you can hear was your heartbeat. You felt your head being pressured. 

"It's in a critical state now. It's located inside your brain..." the doctor continued.

"Can... C-can it be cure?" you stuttered.

 

You arrived at the dorm. You were not thinking straight. You can't see anything around you. You were in a shocked state.

When you went back into reality, you were alone in the dorm. Manager oppa had left to take the boys to their next schedule. You took out your laptop and countinued your book. 

After hours and hours of typing, you stopped as you noticed it was getting dark. Opening the lights you make your way to the kitchen for some food and milk. 

 

You sat back on the sofa and countinued. The way your serious face was, the way you were too focused into your work, if the boys had seen you, they'll never know that it was you. You look totally different. You look mature.

The door bell rang, you turned your head right after and put on the last fullstop before getting up.

Your blank face face the first thing the boys saw. It was weird for them to see you like that. Usually you would be jumping out of joy to see them but now.... All the smiles on their face dissapeared. 

"Yoora....." Junhyung said moving forward but you just stared at him, uninterested. He frowned his brows.

You moved out of the way and walked back to your seat. The boys entered and looked at you. 

'Is she upset?' Junhyung thought.

As soon as he opened his shoes, we tried to walk to Yoora but Doojoon stopped him. Althought Doojoon had never saw you this serious before even when you were absorb into your work, he knew it was not the time to approach you. 

All the boys understood and left into their own room. They were tired, just like any other day. Today was the day they all felt their energy drained. Before, even after 5 hours of practice, they felt energized when they saw you with your bright smile welcoming at the door.

Junhyung peeked into the living room. You were still on your laptop, typing up all your stories.

"Oppa, go and get some sleep..." you instructed. You knew Junhyung was stalking you.

"Uh?" Junhyung choked.

"I know your there Oppa.." You murmured.

Junhyung appeared next to the sofa scratching the back of his head. 

"You need sleep oppa," you were worried.

"I can't sleep," he reacted.

"Wae?" 

"..You." he pouted.

You chuckled and pat the empty sit next to you. "Sit oppa." you smiled. Junhyung's heart tingled.

"What are you doing actually?" he said about to take a peek. 

"Hey~" you covered his eyes. "It's not done yet," you informed.

"Ahh~~ My baby is finishing her book.." he remembered Doojoon's advice.

"Bingo!" you moved you hands. Junhyung's eyes widened to see your face too close to his.

You turned back on your laptop and saved it before turning it off. Junhyung just stared at you, outlining your face features. You placed the laptop on the table. You turned you whole body and seated crossed-leg, smiling widely at Junhyung. 

"Wae?" Junhyung questioned.

"Ani..." you shook your head. "Pogo shipeoseo.." (I miss you)  You eye-smiled.

Junhyung felt embaressed. He turned his view and bite his lips out of happiness. 

"Na du.." he replied. (me too)

"oppa.. Wanna eat something?" you asked..

"wae? You hungry?" he asked..

"Kinda.." you said biting your lips while rubbing your belly.

"Okay.. let's eat.." He said. 

You and Junhyung went to the kitchen and search for some food.

"Do we have ramens?" you asked, looking into cabinets.

"It's here!" Junhyung handed.

You grabbed the two packs of ramen and tried to pull it away from Junhyung's hand. Junhyung held onto it and stared at you intensely. You flicked as you made eye-contact.  With speed fast as lighting, Junhyung grabbed you wrist and pulled you closer to him. Your face bumped onto his chest. He cupped your face.

He softly look into your eyes. You softened. 

"You look pale...." he said under his breath.

"I haven't been out exposed to the sun.. " you pulled away and tried to avoid what was next. 

Junhyung can't let this go. He wants to know. you've been acting weird lately.

"Yoora-ah~" he called.

"Neh?" you asked, cooking the ramens.

"Is something bothering you?" he asked. He sat on the table.

"No, not really.." you lied.

"Liar..."

You frozed. You can't respond to that. You tried to peek from the corner of your eyes. 

Junhyung caught you. He now knew you were hiding something. 

You spun around to meet his gaze and stated, "I just want to finished my books before the deadline." 

Junhyung tilted his head, think for a moment. "Books?" he raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah." you simply said. Thinking that this might just change the subject.

"Books? as in plural?" he asked again. You nodded.

"2 books. 3 books to be exact. Including the book I finished last time." You said.

"Isn't 2 a little bit too much.." he said. "When's the deadline?" 

"Three days from tomorrow.." you stated. 

The conversation stopped as you heard the ramen boiling. You accidently held the hot cover and groaned.

"Yah! be careful~" Junhyung pushed you out of the way. You were both in panic mode.

You smiled. He cares.