C12 Day 4 (4/?)

C.I.A : Cube Investigations Association

 

A/N: Major credits to my dear co-author, purrrplehong13, for this chapter! Thanks babe ♥

"Ah... who could the holder of that team be..." Doo Joon wandered off into the forest by himself. Ever since their little game started half an hour ago, they all decided that splitting up the melee team would probably be the best idea. "Hyun Seung? Jun Hyung? Hyun Ae? Gi Kwang?" he stopped walking when he realized Sonya was on the other team. If she was the holder, he can't possibly hurt her! "No way..." he chuckled. Obviously, it can't be Sonya, probably...

…Damn he had evil teammates.

Suddenly, he sensed something moving at the tree behind him. Jun Hyung came down the tree, trying to kick Doo Joon, on which Doo Joon successfully warded off. 

"Aish… you probably asked Soo Yun for some assassin techniques." Jun Hyung smirked. Both he and Doo Joon tried to keep a distance between themselves while trying to look for an opening. Jun Hyung knew that underestimating Doo Joon would be a big mistake. They moved deliberately, avoiding a scenario whereby they had to  rush in to each other.

"You know, I remembered those karate pressure points you told me about at the club." Doo Koon grinned, dodging a punch. "And let me tell you this, I know how to perform them."

"Great. But don't forget." Jun Hyung smirked, "I'm the Joker." he whispered before kicking Doo Joon with his right leg. Doo Joon parried it with his left arm and went to kick Jun Hyung in the gut, but Jun Hyung retreated in time."So how about I guess who the holder in your team is?"

"..."

"Probably Vinny-" Jun Hyung went in for a diagonal kick with his right leg at Doo Joon, in which Doo Joon successfully dodged. "-or the assassin-" Junhyung used his left leg to kick Doo Joon in the gut, but the force was miscalculated and it didn't put much damage to the older guy. "-or probably, you but you’re not wearing the bracelet"

Doo Joon snickered. He then jumped to the tree branch, holding on to it as he kicked Jun Hyung. "Don't worry, I'm pretty much used to my team getting underestimated." he said as the branch fell. Well, at least now he got a weapon. "But my team... they're good."

He tried to hit Jun Hyung with the tree branch but luckily, Jun Hyung crouched and kicked Doo Joon in the ankle, sending him down.

"What about your team?" Doo Joon parried Jun Hyung's punch and threw him upwards as he stood up. "Probably Gi Kwang." he smirked. 

The two went on like that. Jun Hyung kept focusing his attacks on his kicks while Doo Joon continued warding it off, playing both offense and defense. The melee team are pretty damn scary.

-------------------------

Hyun Seung and Sonya walked together in the forest. Being snipers, their melee skills weren’t exactly what you would call fantastic so they had to go together. As they were walking, a movement among the trees caught Hyun Seung's eyes. 

He squinted his eyes and noticed that it was Vinny. Probably looking for the holder in their team.

Hyun Seung smiled and he ran towards Vinny, just as he approached her, she turned around and threw him a punch but the punch didn’t really get through since Hyun Seung stopped just in time, his face a centimeter away from her fist.

"Y-Yah... You never stop being violent, do you?" Hyun Seung chuckled bitterly, staring straight into Vinny's fist.

"May I remind you that we are currently on a game?" Vinny kicked him, but Hyun Seung managed to dodge it in time by crouching down. "And you know how I always like winning." she smirked and tried to kick Hyun Seung again, but it was enough for Sonya to ward off.

Both sodes retreated at least two meters away from each other, keeping an even space between them.

"Oh wow. Me versus my prince and my leader's wife, how exciting." Vinny smirked as she saw Sonya blush slightly.

"Okay technically, we're not married…yet." Sonya mumbled. "I mean come on! We can't even get a room-"

"HAH!" Vinny chuckled. "I never thought I'd hear unnie say that~" she chuckled. "Well, as they say, always leave them laughing."

"Y-Yah... You're not planning on killing us, right?" Hyun Seung was a bit scared to be frank.

Vinny smiled sadistically and started her first punch, “that depends on how well you guys can entertain me.”

Hyun Seung parried it just in time and backed off, standing side to side with Sonya. "Aish! Don't get mad at me if you get hurt!"

Hyun Seung was hesitant at first, but then Sonya reminded him that it was Vinny they were dealing with and being a Cube Melee class agent, it was best they not underestimate her.

"You guys are-" Vinny grunted as she parried Sonya's punch in her right. "actually-" she then took half a step to her right and kicked Hyun Seung in the gut. "-pretty good at this!" she then grabbed Sonya's arm and threw her to the ground. Judo, always handy to know. "If  I remember correctly, Soo Yun said it's called ‘Sumi otoshi’~" she smiled at Sonya. "The throw, I mean."

The fight didn't really end right after that. Sonya was not injured enough to stop, and Hyun Seung wasn't about to back off. Plus, even for someone in the melee team, fighting with two Cube agents at the same time wasn’t exactly what one would call easy.

------------------------------------------

Hyun Ae puffed her cheeks as she continued to kick rocks that came along her path. She wasn't worried at all. She knew she could take care of herself. What she was worrying now was the unusually awkward atmosphere between her and Gi Kwang. 

She stopped when she heard a noise in the bushes. She smirked; looks like it just got a little interesting. She needed something to distract her from any thoughts of Gi Kwang anyways.

She decided to walk around a little more, paying attention to the sounds made by her ‘stalker’. She came to a conclusion that that certain someone probably saw the bracelet on her hand. After what seems like forever, Hyun Ae finally stopped in her tracks. 

"You know, I’ve concluded two things since you started following." she said, not even turning around to face her ‘stalker’. "One, is that you think, no, KNOW I'm the holder. And two, is that you're definitely not Soo Yun because you absolutely stink at not getting noticed."

Her follower finally showed up from hiding behind a tree. Dong Woon stood there, smirking, with his hands on both his pockets as he greeted, "Hello, holder."

"Hello, Dong Woon." Hyun Ae smirked as well.

Maybe it was the way she smirked, but Dong Woon came to wonder- Did Hyun Ae know it was him before he even revealed himself?

Hyun Ae wouldn’t be an easy opponent and Dong Woon knows, delivering the first strike. His punch failed as Hyun Ae dodged it and tried to hit him at the gall bladder 20 point (the same Jun Hyung used as the clun), but unfortunately failed when Dong Woon jumped away and backed off a little.

"You know, you're different when fighting." Dong Woon continued relentlessly attacking Hyun Ae with strong kicks. He knew it must've been taking effect on Hyun Ae, as Hyun Ae started grunting. "Definitely different."

He was about to punch her. His eyes widened for a moment when he blinked and Hyun Ae was gone. That was when he realized, Hyun Ae turned and went to his back, putting him on head lock.

It was then that he remembered that when fighting Hyun Ae, blinking at the wrong time might kill him.

"Yah Yah Yah! Are you trying to kill me!?" Dong Woon winced as Hyun Ae was practically tried to break his bones. "Aish! You're scary when you’re fighting!"

But being THE Son Dong Woon, Lord Son knew what would make Hyun Ae lose her focus.

"No wonder Gi Kwang hyung told me you were scary at the bar." he smirked when he felt Hyun Ae's grip loosen a little and kicked her with his knees. He knew it- just saying that name would make Hyun Ae lose her focus. The joy of being brilliant enough to figured out one’s mind.

He was able to parry her attack and tried to punch her. He would admit- he was amazed that Hyun Ae is so quick that he can barely catch up with her but then realization hit him the moment he looked at Hyunae's eyes.

He chose the wrong time to say HIS name... He realized he was in danger now... Hyun Ae was definitely out to kill him now, he was sure of it!

"Y-You're really scary..." Dong Woon gulped. 

"And you're really strong..." Hyun Ae panted. Dong Woon's kicks were really too strong! I mean, come on, he is a guy. Lucky for her, her quickness managed to at least dodge most of it.

With Dong Woon's extremely strong kicks and Hyun Ae's agility, the fight continued on...

=====

Gi Kwang was lost in thought as he recalled that time he found out Hyunae had a boyfriend. He stopped walking and sighed.

Maybe it was just his instinct, but something told him that he should go back to check on Hyunae. That was when he heard a soft thump in the mic. He doesn't have the best hearing in the world, but he caught that and he knew that only Hyun Ae had such a soft grunt.

Worried, he was as he began running back to help Hyun Ae but stopped in his tracks when he noticed Yo Seob and So Yun. 

"Aish... are they even taking this game seriously?" Gi Kwang mumbled as he looked at the two blissful couple. He was pissed off. Not because of them, but because he actually wished Hyun Ae and him were like them. Well, at least they used to be...

Noticing the bracelet on Soo Yun’s wrist, he thought it was the best to get the bracelet first. He knew Hyun Ae can be really dangerous and by really I meant EXTREMELY, to the point that she's crazy enough to actually try to kill whoever she was fighting with.

Without a word, he snuck up on them, aiming for Soo Yun's bracelet but failed when Yo Seob noticed him and grabbed Soo Yun to him, trying hard to protect her from Gi Kwang. So close! Gi Kwang's fingertips even touched it!

"You're an assassin, right? You should be good at hiding." Kikwang smirked before landing strong punches on both of them- but mostly on Yo Seob, since he was trying to protect Soo Yun.

With a grunt, Yo Seob kicked Gi Kwang in the gut, but that didn't really cause much damage. Gi Kwang grabbed on to his ankle and flipped him over, making Yo Seob lose balance and fall down. Gi Kwang then went to Soo Yun and kicked her, but Soo Yun was quick enough to dodge it. Gi Kwang actually had an opportunity to steal the bracelet, as Soo Yun accidentaly left an opening, but Yoseob kicked him and he almost lost balance.

Yo Seob must be really careful though. Gi Kwang is a very skilled fighter after all. Soo Yun managed to help Yo Seob. They obviously aren't good with fighting- much more, fighting with someone like a melee class like Gi Kwang!

So they had 3 choices at hand.

1. Fight with Kikwang head-on. Dumb choice? You said it, unless you have a death wish then, why not?

2. Surrender. Yeah right. Then Vinny would probably murder Yo Seob since she couldn’t bear to hurt Soo Yun. This choice was just as bad as the last one!

3. Escape. Even though it seems like they have 3 choices, this was the only practical one.

 

"AH!" Yo Seob pointed behind Gi Kwang. Being a dummy that he is sometimes, Gi Kwang fell for it and looked behind him. "HAHAHA!! I was kidding! But- I made you look, didn't I?" Yo Seob grinned. And then the scariest thing happened.

Soo Yun looked like she wanted to smack Yo Seob but of course, she did not...

Yet.

"Aish! Seriously, I-"

"Hyun Ae!" Yoseob's eyes widened as he looked from behind Gi Kwang.

Normally, Gi Kwang would smirk and tell he's bluffing. But with the whole Hyunae-got-a-boyfriend-and-it's-not-me thing going on in his mind, he turned around.

"." he looked back from the now-gone couple. He slapped his forehead before running and looking after them. "Darn it! I keep getting distracted!" he mumbled as he looked around.

Meanwhile, inYunSeob’s world...

"O-Oppa... this is so awkward. If sis sees this, she's totally going to murder you..." Soo Yun whispered as she blushed when she felt Yo Seob's breath on her face. She was lying on her back. Yo Seob was on top of her. Both are too close to each other. How can it not be awkward!

Yo Seob got off of her and sighed. "Great. He's gone." he said, helping Soo Yun get up. Turns out that extremely huge rocks can be convenient sometimes... especially from hiding.

"But mentioning Hyun Ae's name, seriously. If the others find out, you're definitely dead. This is supposed to be operation bring Gi Kwang oppa back to life!" Soo Yun said, chuckling at Yo Seob's horrified realization.

"Aish... Why is nature so cruel to me?" Yo Seob sighed. “Let’s just find somewhere safe to hide…”

Sure he got away from being completely broken by Gi Kwang... but really, whatever choices, he's not really safe...