The Desire to Protect

C.I.A : Cube Investigations Association

"I'm going to go check on the corpse..." Sonya left the room.

Doo Joon watched as she slowly left. "You guys, stay here and share whatever information you have, I'll be gone for a bit."

----------------------------

Sonya leaned against the wall and fell to the floor. "This world is just so sad..."

"It is isn't it?" Sonya looked up and there he was, Yoon Doo Joon.

Doo Joon sat down beside her cross legged and sighed, "Too much gore for you in one day?"

"No... It's something else. No worries, I'll be ok in a minute or two." Sonya smiled. A smile that looked fake to Doo Joon.

"You know... you don't have to hide your emotions."

"...I don't want any trouble."

"In each person's life comes a time where they really need to cry. Don't hesitate to."

Sonya looked into Doo Joon's eyes. At that point, all her emotions broke loose. Her head fell to his shoulder as her tears started to fall.

"It's no fair..." She sobbed. "Were they born to suffer? Vinny... Soo Yun... the victims.. Whatever happened to their happiness?"

Doo Joon dealt with a lot of crying girls before but he didn't know how to deal with Sonya. This girl... she was different. All the others just cried for their own selfish reasons but Sonya... she cried for others. This girl was real. 

A sudden will to protect suddenly surged throughout Doo Joon, he hugged her tightly.

"Why Doo Joon... why do they have to suffer?" she cried.

"I don't know... but I don't want you to suffer too." He broke the hug and looked at her straight in the eye. "I promise to protect you. Protect you from whatever may come. So please, don't cry." 

A soft kiss planted on the fair maiden's lips sealed the promise.

A/N: -stares at last sentence- how th hell did I come up with that ._. .