~ 54

Promises Broken ❤ Secrets Revealed

 

• Jasmine's POV •


"So when were you going to tell me you were pregnant?" I asked while putting Mei in her crib.  

"I was going to visit you but something got in the way.." Kalena told me. I chuckled and sat down next to her on the couch. 

"How's Aiden? Why didn't you bring him?" I asked.

"He's fine." Kalena replied."Hansol wanted to hang out with him today, they went to the bouncy house place downtown with Hyesu."

"At least he's healthy." I told her. Kalena sighed and looked at me. "I can't afford to lose another baby of mine." She told me. 

"What do you mean?" I asked. "Is the baby alright?!"

"Yeah, the baby is fine." She told me."I already lost Mia, I can't lose Aiden.. when Aiden was born, he had ventricular septal defect..

I stared at her while she sighed. "When Hajoon called me that night and told me Aiden was in the hospital, I knew it was because of his condition..Hajoon doesn't know that Aiden has it. No one does expect for me.. and now you."

"Mia died because of heart failure, right?" I asked.  

"They both had heart problems." Kalena told them. "Mia was suppose to live but I woke up one night and she wasn't breathing. They told me it was time to say goodbye to her and I had to let her go because they couldn't do anything."

"I'm sorry." I told her. "You should tell Hansol that."

"I will.." She replied. "I shouldn't be stressing this badly. They want Aiden to go through another surgery and I need to tell Hansol and Hajoon that the hole in his heart isn't shut yet. It was suppose to be shut around this year but I don't know what's happening."

"Kalena, calm down." I rubbed her back. "Go home tonight and tell Hansol. Call Hajoon and tell him. This isn't good for the baby." 

I heard Mei crying and I sighed. "Thanks Jasmine." Kalena told me while I stood up. "You've been such a good sister."

I smiled and grabbed Mei. "You have been such a good runaway." I told her. Kalena chuckled while I laughed.

 


• Hansol's POV •

 
I saw Kalena walk into the house and smiled at her. She waved at Hyesu and Aiden than looked at me. "I need to tell you something." She told me. 

"Tell me what?" I asked.

"I'll tell you during dinner because I need to talk to you and Hajoon also." Kalena replied. 

"Is it about Aiden?" I asked while looking around. "Yeah". Kalena nodded.


"So..what's so important that I was invited over?" Hajoon asked. We both looked at Kalena while she was picking at her food.  

"Aiden is gonna need to get surgery." Kalena told us. 

"Surgery? What for?" I asked. "For his heart." Kalena replied. "He has a hole in his heart and that's why he was in such pain when he was at Hajoon's."

"He has a hole in his heart?" Hajoon asked her. "You didn't know about this?"

"She didn't tell me anything." I told him. "Why didn't you tell us?"

"Because he already got surgery when he born and they said the hole was suppose to close by now but it still hasn't." Kalena told us. "They said the same thing for Mia when she got heart failure. They said she could've grown up healthy but all I got was a dead daughter." 

"They were premature..I can understand why they have problems with their organs." Hajoon sighed. 

"When's the surgery?" I asked her. Kalena didn't answer and I stared at her. "What's the matter?" I asked.

"The only open date is..when they aren't busy.." Kalena sighed. "They want to give him surgery on the day of our wedding."

I stared at her shock and Kalena stared at me. "Hansol-" "Excuse me." I stood up and walked away quickly. 


It felt like forever when I was staring at Aiden and Hyesu play with the puppy outside. I sat there and watched them quietly. 

I heard the door behind me shut and someone sat down next to me. I looked over and it was Seungcheol hyung. "Don't worry, the rest of the guys are coming. I just came to talk to you." He told me. 

"About what?" I asked. Well I felt like what I know he was going to tell me. Doyoon hyung leaving the gang for a short break, MingMing hyung going back to China and the new member Minghao. 

"I know we have a lot of drama going on." Seungcheol hyung told me. "With the gang and with our lives. Look, Doyoon and MingMing will always be our brothers, family. They won't be gone forever. I don't want them to go either. Listen, I know things were just going back to normal. But with our lives, nothing is ever normal."

"I understand hyung." I told him. "You've met my girlfriend."

Hyung chuckled and pushed me. "She was the one who called us over." He told me. "You two will be married in one month and you're taking in a son, she's taking in a daughter. We're all family here."

I nodded while Hyesu ran towards me with a scared face. "What is it Hyesu?" I asked her. 

I heard Kalena scream and Hyesu grabbed my hand quickly. Seungcheol hyung stood up quickly and we ran towards the side of the house. 

Aiden was laying on the grass unconscious and Kalena was shaking his body. "Oh my god." I ran towards them. "Hyung, start the car!"

Seungcheol ran off and I grabbed Aiden while Kalena sat there. "Kalena, come on!" I yelled.

Kallena didn't answer and stared at the ground. "Kalena, what are you doing?" I asked her. 

"Just go." She told me. "I'll meet you there." 

"You heard the girl." Seungcheol told me. "Come on." I looked at Kalena one more time than ran off. 

 


• Kalena's POV • 


What am I doing? Why didn't I go with them? I'm scared.

I'm scared to see my son die in front of my eyes just like my daughter. 

No, no. I'm not letting that happen. Hansol told Layla to come pick me up. When she came, I was still sitting in the same spot. I couldn't help but remember Mia. All those old memories came back to me. 

Now i'm sitting in the waiting room while Aiden was in emergency surgery. Layla sat down next to me while Hansol was walking around elsewhere. 

I'm glad to have the support. Seventeen is here. My three siblings are here. Hajoon and his sister are here. Even Chohee came. I stood up quickly when I saw the doctor. 

He told us Aiden was resting and that he was going to be fine. You better hope he is fine before I go glen coco on them. 

I stood in the elevator with Hajoon. I had no idea where Hansol went, the guys said he left. When we walked into Aiden's room, he was still asleep but breathing.

Hajoon volunteered to stay the night while I should go home. I didn't want to leave but he told me to go and if something happened, he'll call me. 

It was three in the morning, everyone went home. I continued to walk down the street and stare the ground. I reached the house after thirty minutes and walked in. 

It was empty. Nobody was here. Hansol wasn't back yet. I went to go lock the back doors when I saw Hansol standing there. 

I stared at him as his back was facing me. I walked outside and slowly walked towards him. I hugged him from behind and we both stood there in silence. 

"Kalena..?" Hansol mumbled after a few minutes.

"I'm right here." I told him. Hansol looked at me and he was crying. "Where is he?" Hansol asked.

"He got done with surgery and Hajoon told me to go home." I told him. Hansol hugged me and I hugged him back slowly. 

"If we need to move the wedding, I don't care." Hansol told me. I shut my eyes and sighed. My phone rang in my pocket and I grabbed it. 

Hansol looked at me when I answered it. "Hajoon? What's wrong?" I asked.

"Mommy?" 

I looked at Hansol than looked around. "Aiden?" I asked. "Oh my god, let me speak to your dad."

"He's awake and he wants chocolate." Hajoon told me. I smiled and wiped my eyes. "That's the best news i've heard all year." I told him. 

"Mommy." Aiden's voice came on again. "I love you."

I felt a pang in my heart and nodded. "I love you too, Aiden." I told him.

 

Pls don't kill us.

-iamthestalker