~ 20

Promises Broken ❤ Secrets Revealed

 

• Jasmine's POV •
 
"Are you serious?!" I asked.
 
"Lena! Pack your bags!" Layla yelled while looking around. "Who are you all staring at?!"
 
"Eonni, calm down." I told her. "When is..Mr.Kim coming to get Kalena?"
 
"Tomorrow morning. I'm shipping Kalena and Aiden off tonight." Layla said.
 
"Where are they going to go?" I asked.
 
"Thailand." Layla said. "Two of our many siblings live there, they know about mom and they want to protect Kalena and Aiden."
 
"Oh dear..how many siblings do I not..I can't even think about it." I mumbled.
 
"Aiden, come here." Layla said while grabbing something from her bag.
 
Aiden got off the couch and ran towards Layla. Layla kneeled down and took a necklace out. She stared at it and sighed. 
 
"Aiden, you're a smart boy." Layla looked at him. Aiden nodded in agreement. 
 
Layla put the necklace on him. She sighed and looked at me.
 
"His necklace has a tracking device in it that only you guys can see." Layla told us. "Once I get the antidote, we will go to Thailand for Kalena and Aiden."
 
"Layla?" I heard Kalena asked.
 
Layla looked at her and stood up.
 
"Pack your clothes." Layla said.
 
"What's happening?" Kalena asked.
 
"Mr.Kim is coming to get you and Aiden, i'm sending you into hiding." Layla said.
 
"Mwoh? Why do they want me?" Kalena asked as she carried Aiden.
 
"...they are forcing you into marriage with Hajoon.." Layla looked around awkwardly.
 
"Aniyo! I'm not marrying him!" Kalena yelled.
 
Aiden covered his ears. Kalena sighed and put Aiden down. 
 
"Where am I going?" Kalena asked.
 
"Thailand." Layla said. "We have to be at the airport by seven."
 
"..okay.." Kalena nodded slowly. "There is something you should know though."
 
"What?" Layla asked.
 
"Um..my mom is coming in an hour to see me." Kalena said.
 
"Mwoh?!" Both Layla and I yelled.
 
Layla sighed and shook her head. She rubbed her temples and looked around.
 
"I can't keep this big lie to you, I have to tell you the truth." Layla said.
 
"What?" Kalena asked.
 
"Lena, you are not who you think you are." Layla said. "Your whole life is a lie.."
 
"Hm..what are you saying eonni?" Kalena asked.
 
"Lena.." I mumbled and scratched my neck. "You're my twin sister."
 
"I'm your brother!" Samuel stood up.
 
"I'm your older sister." Layla said. "I'm the reason why your life changed."
 
Kalena just stared at us. She rubbed her head and thought for a moment. 
 
"My real name isn't Lena..huh?" She asked.
 
"Little time to tell you, but please gather what were going to tell you." Layla said."Your going to have to sit down."
 
 
• Layla's POV •
"It all began when you and Jasmine were toddlers, Samuel was only two months old. I woke up one night and I heard mom talking to somebody, I just thought it was her or step-father fighting again. I went to go check on what was happening, I looked down the stairs and saw two strangers holding you and Jasmine." I sighed.
 
"I knew mom was in debt again, I was pretty smart for my age. But anyway, they were about to take you guys until I told them to take me instead, I rather have you guys live a normal life then with people you don't know even know." I told them.
 
"Our life was never normal to start with." Jasmine sighed. "You kinda kept a secret from me. You had a boyfriend name Zelo before."
 
"Zelo?" Kalena asked."You mean Junhong?"
 
"Huh? You know him?" Jasmine asked.
 
"Yeah." Kalena nodded."Why? What did he do to me that I didn't know?"
 
"How do you know him?" Wonwoo asked.
 
"Um, I was working at the café and he came in. He said hi Kalena, and I just gave him a weird look, I told him my name was Lena." Kalena tapped her chin."Then he became quiet then he nodded slowly, I asked him who he was and he just introduced himself."
 
"Well that was your ex-boyfriend, you had like a major crush on him during the time Chanhee moved, we'll tell you about him later, he used you to get a girl's attention." Jasmine said. "Um..we thought the guy mom was currently married to was our real father, but he was our step-father. He was Samuel's real father. Anyway, they would always fight and I would remember you shouting and trying to stop them while Samuel and I were hiding in the room."
 
"So..we don't know who our father is?" Kalena asked.
 
"Um we do." Jasmine nodded. "One night, mom and step-father got into a huge fight. You ran downstairs and got hit with a beer bottle after protecting mom. That night, we ran off to Mr.Kwon, who was our dad."
 
"You two were quite loners, you only talked to each other during school." Mingyu said."You always wore fake glasses also and the same type of clothing, but that soon changed after you two met us."
 
"So what seemed to be normal, you and Hansol were enemies at the time. Well you hated him, Hansol was just being a bunny." Jasmine said. "We were walking back to the hotel one day after you were mad about Hansol taking your first kiss in surprise, you beat him up for it. But when we reached the hotel, dad was crying. Then he told us, he signed something that gave everything to mom, we were useless at the time."
 
"Noona, we ended up moving to another hotel after dad gave us the rest of his money that he had left. He told us he is going to America to find help and he would call a friend to take us in." Samuel said."So about a couple days later we ended up moving to Hansol's house."
 
"Um, one day after you literally almost killed Wonwoo's sister, Wu Jin, Hansol yelled at you and you got angry at him and yelled at him back. You were angry because I was the one who got hurt by Wu Jin and you were just trying to protect family." Jasmine said."So you ran back home that night, stepfather was home."
 
"I went to go get you back to our house. I walked to your old house and I peeked in the window, and I saw you yelling at your step-father while he was strangling a girl. Then he..walked up to you and grabbed your chin and... uhm." Hansol said."I ran into the house then, and got into a fight with your step-father. But I knocked him unconscious, you were fainted on the ground and so the police dropped us home."
 
"Kinda after that, you were warming up to Hansol but still the same Kalena." Jasmine said."You two started dating this one night when I was coming home from the hospital with Wonwoo."
 
"I have no answer for that." Kalena said. 
 
"Anyhow, mom came back one night. She was taking us away, she was forcing you into marriage and I was getting sold off to other guys. I would always steal money from them so I can get you. I found you one day and you were beyond sick, you had many bruises and cuts. I took you to a private doctor and they told me you had amnesia." Jasmine said. "The only things you remembered were middle school stuff, you forgot you and Zelo even broke up."
 
"We ended up going to California, we bumped into dad. I told him what happened and he helped us. We ended up getting a restraining order against mom and we got to come back to South Korea. I ended up hiding the fact that we knew Seventeen."
 
"So you guys came back to South Korea. You didn't remember anything about us." Wonwoo said."Finally Jasmine confessed everything after you found pictures of you and Hansol. You were depressed by it, then you were depressed by someone name Chohee."
 
"Chohee?" Kalena asked."I heard her name before.."
 
"You were mumbling it when you were sleeping." Hansol said.
 
"You.." Kalena gave him a weird look."I don't even want to know why you come into my room.."
 
"Anyway, Chohee hated you and you hated her a lot. She didn't want you near Hansol or any of Seventeen members." Jasmine said."She was the one who broke you and Hansol up also."
 
"Ah ok.." Kalena shrugged.
 
"So, you and Hansol did end up getting back together. But you were so stressed out that you wanted to get away from everything, so you went back to California for a week. Hansol, being the love bug he was, ran after you and we followed." Jasmine said."During the time there, it was during Hana's birthday, she's our stepsister and Daniel is our stepbrother, we heard gun shots in the house. We all ran inside, and saw dad has been shot..by mother"
 
Kalena became quiet. She just nodded slowly and sighed.
 
"He died didn't he?" Kalena asked.
 
"Ne." Everyone nodded.
 
"You came back to South Korea, after a month. You saw Hansol with another girl on a date then you ran into Hajoon." I spoke up.
 
"How did you know?" Everyone looked at me.
 
"Because I was..following Kalena around." I said."It's part of my job okay! Don't judge me."
 
"Anyway, you and Hansol got into a huge fight at work the next day. So the both of you broke up. About a month after your break up, Hansol started going out with Chohee." Jasmine said."So you started going out with Hajoon. You were trying to move on. On your 3rd anniversary, you forgot about it because we were so busy with work and school. Hajoon said you can make it up by going on a date the next night. He stood you up and you ended up being alone."
 
"I saw you that night, you were sitting on the swing and eating ice cream alone." Hansol said."So I thought i'll accompany you. We ended up going to mcdonalds and you were staring at your phone. Jasmine texted you a picture of Hajoon with another girl. Then we ended up yelling at each other and you got real angry and ran out of the restaurant. That's when I heard the car crash."
 
"The car crash..I remember that." Kalena said."That's the last thing I remembered and someone shouting my name. Was that you Hansol?"
 
"Ne." Hansol nodded.
 
"Now Kalena, the doctor told them you were dead. The doctor was a fake one, he let mom in and let mom inject this fluid in you, that makes you forget everything. Then they drugged you so you wouldn't wake up for a week, mom brought you to America." I said.
 
"Why didn't you tell me before when I first met you?" Kalena asked.
 
"Because I was scared of Mr.Kim." I told her.
 
"Is this all?" Kalena asked."Everything after that, I remember."
 
"That's all." I said."So, Kalena.."
 
Kalena sighed and thought for a moment.
 
"Will I ever regain these memories back?" She asked.
 
"There is an antidote." I said."I know mom has one..but in America, it cost ten grand just for scientist to make one.."
 
"Okay, i'm ready to leave." Kalena said."I want to get out of here before mom forces me to do things I don't want."
 
 
 
 
• Hansol's POV •
 
I carried Aiden and looked at him while he was playing with his hat.
 
"Daddy? Where?" Aiden asked.
 
"You and your mom are going to Thailand." I told him.
 
"You?" Aiden asked.
 
"Daddy is staying here." I sighed. "I'll come back for you two soon. For now, you and your mom have to be safe."
 
Aiden started rubbing his eye. I looked around for Kalena and she was fixing her hair while walking down the steps. 
 
She walked towards me and sighed.
 
"Aiden, what's wrong?" She asked him.
 
"Staaaay." Aiden mumbled.
 
I looked at Kalena and she was staring at him, a little hurt. She blinked a couple of times then looked around.
 
"Here are your tickets." Layla walked over and handed them to Kalena. "When you get to the airport, our two step siblings are going to take you in. I'll text you their names. Whatever happens, do not answer anyones calls expect for any of us."
 
"Ne." Kalena nodded slowly while staring at the tickets."So..this is it?"
 
"This is it." Layla nodded. "I'm sorry, i'm just trying to protect you and Aiden. I don't want you two getting hurt."
 
"No matter what, were going to end up getting hurt in the end." Kalena said.
 
"We'll find you and Aiden soon." Layla said. "I'll try to find a way to get you to remember everything."
 
Layla hugged her. Kalena sighed and hugged her back. 
 
"Ah, I don't want you to leave! I just got my baby sister back." Jasmine pouted while joining the hugging crowd.
 
"Noona, don't leave me!" Samuel joined. 
 
"Who can tell they are family.." Jisoo said. "Are you going to miss her?"
 
"Of course." I told him. "I just got her and now she's leaving again."
 
The family broke off. Kalena sighed and looked over at Aiden. She walked towards us and looked at him.
 
"Say something to daddy before we leave." Kalena said.
 
"Noooooo." Aiden shook his head and hugged me.
 
Kalena just stared at him.
 
"I don't want to leave either Aiden." Kalena said. "But..Hajoon is going to come after mommy..I don't want you getting hurt."
 
"You have to go buddy." I told Aiden. "Daddy will come back for you."
 
Aiden looked around. He stared at Kalena, who was staring back at him. Aiden tried going to her. Kalena grabbed him and hugged him. 
 
"Mommy is sorry." Kalena told him.
 
Aiden looked at me. He ruffled his hair and smiled at him.
 
"You'll be back soon." I told him.
 
"Bye daddy." Aiden waved.
 
"Bye buddy." I told him. "Bye Kalena."
 
"Bye Hansol." Kalena said."Thank you.."
 
I smiled and nodded. Kalena said goodbye to everyone. Kalena grabbed her bag and started walking towards the security check. I sighed and rubbed my neck.
 
"I'll find you.."