~ 43

Promises Broken ❤ Secrets Revealed

 

• 3rd Person's POV •
 
"Kalena!" Daniel ran towards her. 
 
Kalena smiled an hugged him. 
 
"Kya! You're so cute now!" Kalena chuckled. "Daniel, this is Aiden. He's my..son."
 
"You have a son?" Daniel looked at Aiden.
 
"Ne, be nice to him alright?" Kalena asked.
 
"Of course!" Daniel nodded. "Let's go play Aiden!" 
 
Aiden smiled and ran off. Hyesu looked around while holding onto Hansol's hand.
 
"Daddy, are we going to see minnie mouse?" Hyesu looked at him.
 
"Minnie mouse.." Hansol looked at her dumbfounded.
 
"It's at Disneyland, which we are going to tomorrow." Jasmine said. 
 
"Eonnie!" Hana ran down the stairs.
 
Jasmine smiled and hugged her. 
 
"You guys are finally back!" Hana clapped. "I miss you guys so much! Who's this?"
 
"Oh Hana, this is Hyesu, she's Hansol's daughter." Kalena told her. "Why don't you go play with her?"
 
"Okay! Let's go Hyesu! We can go play with my dollhouse!" Hana smiled.
 
"Dollhouse!" Hyesu smiled.
 
"Go ahead." Hansol told her."Were gonna unpack."
 
"Okay." Hyesu ran off with Hana.
 
"Those four kids..are gonna be a big job." Layla mumbled while holding onto her bag.
 
 
• Hansol's POV •
 
I walked into the living room and saw Kalena standing there staring at the fireplace. There were pictures of her dad on there. She stared at them and grabbed a picture frame. 
 
I leaned against the wall and she just sat down. 
 
"Aigoo.." Layla walked into the room from the other hallway. "Ah Kalena, are you alright?"
 
"Ne." Kalena nodded.
 
"What's wrong? I know something's wrong? I may have been gone for sixteen years but I know you." Layla sat down next to her.
 
"My dad got shot..here in this house a year ago.." Kalena said. "I didn't even know he was my real dad until three years ago. The only time I spent with him was when I lost my memory about two years ago and..I never knew he had cancer..he died in front of me.."
 
"Oh Kalena.." Layla sighed. "Though you lost your dad, at least you knew him. I don't even know who my dad is yet, most of our siblings don't."
 
"I hate mom..so much.." Kalena told her. "She never cared for any of us.."
 
"I don't know mom enough to hate her. I was gone most of everyone's life." Layla said.
 
"I really hated her a lot..h ow mom brought guys home and played with them while Jasmine, Samuel and I were up in our rooms.." Kalena said while putting the picture frame down. 
 
"She actually did that?" Layla asked.
 
"It's one of the reasons why I tried killing myself before.." Kalena sat back. "Jasmine has back problems because we always got hurt when they fought..Samuel, he one time almost got taken away.." 
 
"You do want some alone time?" Layla asked.
 
"I guess I should.." Kalena nodded.
 
"Everything will be fine." Layla patted her back. "I'll be in the kitchen."
 
Layla got up and walked away. Kalena grabbed the picture frame from the table and stared at it.
 
I walked behind the couch and leaned over. I looked at the picture then back at her.
 
"Don't worry.." I whispered. "Everything's going to be fine."
 
Kalena looked at me then back at the picture frame. I jumped over the couch and sat next to her.
 
"What is this?" I asked while looking at the picture.  
 
"I think this is only picture he had of Jasmine and I with him.." Kalena said. "This was two years ago.."
 
"You really miss him?" I asked.
 
"Even though I barely knew him, but he was my dad.." Kalena smiled.
 
I like making her happy and not seeing that frown all the time. "I should go help eonnie cook." Kalena said while putting the picture frame down. 
 
"Arasso." I nodded. 
 
Kalena stood up and walked away. I stood up and looked at the pictures hanging everywhere. 
 
"Mr.Kwon..would you let me marry your daughter, Kalena?" I asked while staring at a picture.
 
 
• Jasmine's POV •
 
"Yah, watch where you're running." Kalena said while holding a bowl up towards the ceiling. 
 
"Whatever." I chuckled. "What are we making tonight?"
 
"Hamburgers." Layla eonnie told me. "But Kalena wants to make herself some steak."
 
"Need help?" I asked.
 
"Yeah, make that pile of meat into a circle." Layla pointed. 
 
"Got it." I nodded while walking towards the sink.
 
"It's almost Christmas!" Hana chuckled. "What are you guys doing for Christmas?"
 
"I think we should meet Samuel's girlfriend." Kalena said while cutting tomatoes up.
 
"Samuel is in a relationship?" Layla eonnie asked. "Wow..Little boy got game."
 
"We haven't even met her yet. She better be respectful." I said while grabbing a plate.
 
"Anything else?" Hana asked.
 
"Hm..I don't think so." Kalena shook her head. "What about you Hana?"
 
"Mommy is bringing Daniel and I somewhere." Hana said happily. "I wish daddy was alive.."
 
It became silent. I looked at Kalena and she was still cutting the tomatoes. 
 
"He's alive, just in our hearts." I spoke up. "We'll meet him one day. But we have to be strong for him."
 
"Ne." Hana nodded. "What can I do?"
 
"Why don't you go tell your oppas to help set the table outside.." Layla looked at her.
 
"Okay eonnie." Hana nodded and ran off. 
 
"She brings so much energy." Layla told us.
 
"That's her job, she's very caring... Kind of like Jasmine." Kalena nodded. "Then Daniel is like me. He loves candy. A lot."
 
"So eonnie, what have you been up to lately? We barely get to see you ever since we rescued Kalena." I looked at her. 
 
"Quitting the Kim gang, relocating." Layla chuckled. "My boyfriend is helping me move in with him."
 
"Mwoh? You have a boyfriend! Since when!?" Kalena widened her eyes. "Who is he? Yaaah!"
 
Layla chuckled and looked at the both of us.
 
"He is the one I love." Layla said. "We've been dating for almost eight years to be honest."
 
"He never popped the question?" I asked. "So long..you two were high school sweethearts.."
 
"I would've called him my husband and would've been wearing the ring." Layla smiled. "Aniyo, he hasn't yet. He's always busy paying for bills and doesn't have much money to bring me out or to buy me gifts but his love is all I need."
 
"Eonnie, can you tell Hansol that?" Kalena asked. "He's always bringing me out, I like it but I don't want him spending everyone on me." 
 
"Arasso, I will." Layla patted her back. 
 
"What's his job?" I asked.
 
"He is a CEO of a corporation.." Layla said.
 
"He makes lots of money then.." I looked at her.
 
"Yeah but.." Layla sighed. "His mom is in the hospital so he's paying her bills also. I respect that."
 
"Where is his dad?" I asked.
 
"He told me his dad ran off to another woman when he was younger, since then he's been mommy's boy." Layla smiled. "I like his mom though, she treats me as like i'm her actual daughter in law." 
 
"Your relationship is so beautiful." Kalena said. "Hey, when you get into fights, do you beat him up?"
 
"Like how you beat Hansol up?" Layla asked, chuckling afterwards.
 
"I don't beat him up.." Kalena frowned. 
 
"Well, we fight but I don't want to use the fighting skills I learned on him. I can't fight anyway, little baby needs to be safe." Layla said.
 
"Little baby?" I asked. "You're pregnant eonnie?"
 
"Oh yeah.." Layla nodded. "He told me he may not have the money to buy me a ring, but he wants to be with me and start a family. So..things happened."
 
"Your relationship is like a fairytale.." Kalena said in awe. "When can we meet him?!"
 
"I have a picture of him on my phone." Layla said while grabbing her phone from her pocket. 
 
I smiled and looked at the two of them. 
 
 
• Wonwoo's POV • 
 
"Layla, we heard you quit the Kim gang." Mingyu told her. 
 
"Oh right." Layla nodded. "I did."
 
"So what have you've been doing then ever since?" Jihoon asked.
 
"I've been at home, prepping." Layla said while putting her napkin on her lap. 
 
"Prepping for what?" Seungcheol asked.
 
The guys ask to many questions.
 
"Baby." Layla said while patting her stomach.
 
"Baby?!" Most of the guys yelled.
 
"Mhm..ne." Layla nodded. "Why are you guys so shocked?"
 
"We never you were married." Chan said.
 
"I'm not married." Layla shook her head. "My boyfriend just doesn't have the money to buy a ring and he wants to have a kid before his mom passes. Besides, i'm turning twenty five soon, I should settle down."
 
I looked at Jasmine and she was just talking to Kalena. 
 
"How old is your boyfriend?" "Where is he from?" "How long have you two been dating?" 
 
More questions kept coming. Layla just sat there and continued to eat like nothing was happening. 
 
"He's a year older. He's korean-Australian and almost eight years." Layla said. "His name is David Jung.."
 
"Wow." The guys looked at each other.
 
"Eight years, that's so long." Doyoon said. "How did the two of you meet?"
 
"I saved him from jumping off the school roof." Layla said. "He was so dumb.."
 
"Why did he do that?" Samuel asked.
 
"Like I said, he was dumb. Luckily I woke up from my nap because he was being to loud." Layla said. "Since then we talked. Being a bi-racial kid in South Korea is hard."
 
"Eh don't worry, I feel you." Hansol told her.
 
"Did you ever get scolded cause of your blue eyes?" Soonyoung asked.
 
"Well yeah." Layla nodded. "You don't meet much bi-racial kids..I died my hair black so I would look like an actual korean. But blue eyes, eh. They fit me. But I looked like a demon or something to others."
 
"So why didn't you invite him onto vacation?" Seunggwan asked. 
 
"Well he would come, but he said he wanted to stay in Korea for his mom." Layla said. "She's really sick so I understood."
 
"Layla eonnie, what would you like on Christmas from him?" Jasmine asked.
 
"Um.." Layla thought. "The eight years we've been together..he never said I love you."
 
"Mwoh!" Everyone yelled.
 
"Yeah it's strange." Layla nodded. "But i'm not worried about it."
 
"Yah eonnie..how are you not worried?" Jasmine asked.
 
"Being with someone for so long, you don't really have to say I love you. Showing a person you love them is how you act around them." Layla told us. "But anyway, it wouldn't kill the moron to tell me."
 
"Her relationship is like ours but then she treats him like Kalena does with Hansol." I chuckled. 
 
"Exactly." Layla clapped. "Now Samuel, who is this girl your seeing?"
 
 
• Kalena's POV •
 
I looked out towards the balcony door and Hansol was standing there staring at the view. I don't know what's wrong with him. I opened the door and looked out.
 
"Hey, are you gonna come sleep?" I asked. 
 
"Uh yeah..soon." Hansol nodded.
 
"What's wrong?" I asked.
 
"I'm just thinking.." Hansol told me. 
 
I made a face and walked out. I shut the door and stood next to him.
 
"I wanted to ask you something." I looked at him.
 
"What?" He asked.
 
"Can you help me set up a surprise wedding?" I asked.
 
"Really? For who?" Hansol asked.
 
"Layla eonnie." I said while leaning against the railing."I think she deserves a big gift for Christmas."
 
Hansol continued to look out at the view. I sighed and looked back inside. 
 
"I'm going to bed then." I told him. "Good night."
 
"Night.." Hansol said.
 
I walked back inside and turned the lights off. I looked back at Hansol and sighed. 
 
"What's wrong with you?" I asked.