Hello Baby: Sick

YOU got married?!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I just feel like going back to the hospital and punch some doctor's face. But since this is normal, I have to apologize for my thoughts. I never knew being a parent is something this... I don't know... nerve breaking. It can turn me into a killer.

 

The thermometer beeped and you carefully took it as baby's arms were sensitive. You bith looked at it and as expected, a fever. 39.7. 

 

"I'll get the medicine." You said but Tao followed you upstairs.

"His room is much warmer than here." He said and the three of you went upstairs.

 

You both waited for the baby to finish his milk before giving him the syrup. He struggled as you made him drink the bitter syrup but you and Tao held him. He cried a lot afterwards not because of the syrup but because of the pain in his arms; you both thought and just carried him in your arms hoping that it will ease the pain somehow. And it did.

After a few minutes, the baby fell asleep and you put him down to the crib. But as soon as his back touched the blankets, he again woke up and started crying.

 

You lulled your son to sleep again but he didn't sleep instead he just laid his head in your chest and played with your clothes as he hiccupped with all the crying. He was calm when he's in your arms but when you are to put him down, he starts on crying. He won't even let you sit down.

 

"What should we do?" Tao asked sitting on the single sofa observing his sick child and you just replied a sigh.

"We can't do anything but to give him the right meals and the medicine every 8 hours. And I guess do everything to make him comfortable." You said.

 

 

 

It has been an hour and Si Jung just stayed like that, staring into space as you swayed him gently in your arms, letting out cries once in a while.

 

"What time did you give him the medicine?"

"About an hour ago." You replied.

Tao did some calculations before setting an alarm on his phone for the next time you need to give the syrup. He then stood up. "Should I take him and you cook dinner or should I cook?" He asked realizing that both of you haven't had dinner yet.

"Aniya, take baby and I'll cook." You said and he obliged.

 

Si Jung, as he was in a very sensitive time, cried when Tao took him from you. But then, Tao swayed him side by side stopping the baby's cries. But there's more problem. Due to his cries, he now has mucus making it hard for him to breathe resulting for more cries.

Tao needed to carry Si Jung with the baby's head up or Si Jung will start his long endless cries.

 

It just keeps getting harder and harder.

 

I want to help him, but since he can't tell us what's wrong, he just kept on crying. Can I just take his sickness away and transfer it to me?

 

You went down to cook leaving the two in the room. Tao hummed a song trying to lull his son to sleep but failed. Silence filled the room until he heard his stomach growl.

 

Being a parent, it thinks I somehow understand it now. That feeling that you will do anything and just think for the sake your child, forgetting yourself.

I didn't even realize I was hungry until my stomach said it. It's hard, but it's not a bad feeling.

 

You cooked something quick and went upstairs with one big bowl in a size of plate full of rice and fried meat along with a liter of water. You know Si Jung won't let the both of you eat and just decided to have a meal in the baby's room.

 

"Chuhan, door." You called and Tao opened it with one hand. You went in and settled the bottle of water on the table.

"Let's eat." You said and Tao sat down and put his son in his lap but Si Jung started crying making the both of you sigh. Tao looked at the meat on the bowl hungrily and you at him. He was really hungry.

"I'll feed you." You said and he nodded. You start digging in the bowl and took a spoonful of rice with a piece of meat and gave it to your husband.

Tao took it with no other words and nodded at you. "Mmm. So good." He said and you chuckled. 

"You're just hungry, I almost forgot to out salt in these." You said and he smiled.

 

Being a parent doesn’t mean you’ll stop on being a wife. You just have to take care of two people you love the most and that’s all there is.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter