MingMing/Reader 01

Seventeen Scenarios

 

Got my inspiration from this gif; I think it was perfect for this one. ~Admin M


 

“MingMing, don’t go” you pleaded, holding on to his hand.

“I’m sorry” he said, looking into your eyes. “But I can’t be with you anymore. I know we’ve been through a lot, but I think it’s better if we’re just friends.” His fingers slipped out of yours and you let your hand fall to your side. He backed away slowly, his face in a cross between a sad pout and a straight frown. He gave you one last wave in front of your face before leaving. Your eyes stung with tears.

———————————————————————————————————

You bolted upright in your bed almost gasping for air. You felt your face. Sticky, salty dried tears leaked from your eyes and you quickly wiped them away. It was just a dream you told yourself. You checked the clock: 4 AM on Saturday. You remembered you made plans to meet with MingMing at 10 for your one year anniversary date, but now you almost didn’t want the time to come. What if your dream actually became reality? Your first boyfriend broke up with you on one of your monthly anniversaries - you could only imagine it being 10 times worse if MingMing did it on your one year. You laid back down to try to relax, but you tossed and turned for the rest of the early morning until you decided to get up and get ready at 9.

The doorbell rang right at 10 and you took a deep breath as you opened the front door. There, standing in front of you was a bubbly, happy, smiling MingMing. “Happy Anniversary!” he exclaimed, and pulled out a bouquet of a dozen red roses from behind his back. Immediately, your face broke out into a wide grin and you stepped out of your house, smashing your face into his chest as you gave him a big hug. Taken by surprise, he almost fell backwards down the front steps, and without even realizing it, you had also begun to cry. 

“What’s wrong?” MingMing asked, very alarmed at your behavior. You couldn’t answer right away, so he just hugged you back, one hand still holding the flowers, and the other your hair comfortingly. 

Finally, you regained your composure and faced him. “I’m just so happy you’re here” you said. “I had a dream last night that you broke up with me today and I’m just so happy that it’s not true.”

“Aww, that must have been a horrible dream” MingMing said, kissing you softly. “But I’d never do that. And definitely not on an anniversary.”

“It’s like my past haunted me” you murmured. 

MingMing handed you the bouquet, and cupped your face in his hands, wiping off the last of the tears shed. “______, please never worry that I’ll be like guys in the past. Even if bad memories come back to you, know that I’m here to only make good memories for the future.” You nodded, and after putting the flowers inside, you walked hand in hand with your incredible boyfriend, ready to have a day dedicated to celebrating the happiness you gave each other in the past year, and look forward to more in the next year.