MingMing/Reader 04

Seventeen Scenarios

Oops, a little late for Halloween! Hope you like it anyways ~ Admin M


"Let’s go!!" MingMing anxiously tugged your sleeve. "I want to see the Haunted House!"

You looked over at the dark, looming building in the amusement park. “Why?” Your voice came out in a squeak.

"You’re not scared, are you?" He raised an eyebrow. You shook your head no  as convincingly as possible and smiled. He studied your face for a minute, then flipped his bangs. "You can’t fool me. You are scared, aren’t you?” 

You sighed, nodding your head. “I don’t like creepy, spooky things a lot.”

"Don’t worry, Babe, I’ll be right there with you the whole time" he promised. "Will you go with me pleaseeee?" 

You tried to avoid his puppy dog eyes, but just one glance and you were sold. “Sure, I’ll still go in with you.”

"Yaay!" His face lit up excitedly. "It’ll be so much fun! I’ll protect you from all the scary stuff too." You shrugged and followed him - still not really into the idea, but wanting him to have a good time.

The waiting line was long, but MingMing happily passed the time by teasing you every time you jumped at the screams coming from inside the house. “Stop it!!” you shrieked and backed into the wall upon feeling his fingers pinch your sides. “I’m already scared!”

He just laughed, kissing your temple. “I’m just kidding around; this Haunted House isn’t even that scary. I’ve been here before.”

"You’re not just saying that, right?"

"Of course not." He slipped his hands around you in a snuggly hug, making you feel a lot more comfortable. But just then, an announcement came on a loudspeaker: "We are sorry for the inconvenience, but the Haunted House will be closed. Please still enjoy your stay at Lotte World Amusement Park."

Your mouth dropped open a little and you looked up at your boyfriend. “I guess we can’t go in then…” You smiled, but tried not to sound too pleased. MingMing didn’t say anything; instead he took your hand and dodged past people exiting the line to get to the entrance. “Excuse me?” he asked the worker standing there. “How long will the Haunted House be closed?”

"Probably not more than an hour. The displays just need to be slightly adjusted after someone messed them up" she answered.

"Great, we’ll just hang out for a little while then, thanks!" MingMing said cheerfully, then led you over to a bench nearby.

"We’re still going?" you whined a little. "Can’t we at least ride something else while we wait?"

MingMing shook his head. He wasn’t really paying attention to you at all, actually, and you irritably turned away to pout. Silence fell between you two for a few minutes, until he suddenly yanked you up out of your seat. 

"Ow!" you frowned and pulled your arm out of his grasp. "What the heck!?"

"Come on." He motioned towards you. "The worker’s gone!"

"So?? We have less than an hour to wait now!"

"But who would pass up the chance to get backstage access to this?" He was already half way to the entrance. 

"MingMing!" you ran to catch up with him. "We’re going to get caught!"

"No we won’t, it’ll be fun!" He took your hand in his and you allowed yourself to be dragged along to the Haunted House. MingMing looked around before opening the unguarded door, but no one in the park was watching, so he quietly went inside with you and carefully shut it. You both turned around and silently gaped at what you saw.

All the lights were so the maintenance crew could work, so all the props were completely exposed. “Whoa” you both whispered, then laughed and ran off to explore. 

"Bet you never thought you’d see all this, huh?" MingMing wrapped his arms around you as you studied a gnarly beat up skeleton. "And you can see how it’s not even that scary." 

"Mhm…" you nodded and he turned your chin up to kiss him.

"Hey kids!" you heard a sharp voice cut through the air and you immediately pulled away from your boyfriend’s lips. "No one is allowed to be in here!" A tall man came lumbering towards you and you heard MingMing gasp at the same time you did. In a split second, MingMing grabbed your hand and ran the opposite direction, going farther into the Haunted House. "Get back here!" you heard the man yell and although you didn’t dare look back, his heavy footsteps could be heard behind you.

"What do we do??" you asked slightly panicked. You worked to keep up with MingMing’s long legs - he was practically flying through the corridors.

"Well there’s only one way out an-"

"Ahh!" you both screamed as the lights suddenly went out. MingMing stopped for a millisecond but then continued running.

"Do you know where you’re going??" you asked him. With how this situation was playing out, it felt like you were the top stars in a new action movie.

"I remembered there’s an emergency exit somewhere here…" He took a quick peek over his shoulder, quickly getting blinded by a flashlight. "Damn, that guy’s fast" he muttered. He stopped for a second, trying to get his eyes to adjust to the darkness faster. You heard footsteps still rushing but you needed a break. You both leaned against a small area of the wall that wasn’t covered in cobwebs.

Until you felt that part of the wall start to move out.

"What the-?"

"Babe! That’s it!" MingMing shouted in surprise, and pushed open the door all the way, tumbling out of it on top of you into the bright autumn sunshine, just in time as the worker shot around the corner. The emergency exit door slammed shut, and MingMing helped you up off the ground as you caught your breath.

You brushed off the dirt from your jeans and looked up, giving a slight disapproving look to the boy.

He smiled, shrugging his shoulders. “That was fun, wasn’t it?”

You rolled your eyes and pecked his cheek. “Every day is an adventure with you.”