Mingyu/Reader 02

Seventeen Scenarios

can i just pinch his face ;; and dongjin/chan/noona will be after this one! ~ Admin M


“Are you sure he’s going to be here?” you asked your friend for the fiftieth time in the last hour.

“Yes! Seventeen is coming to the Ewha Woman’s University. They’ll be here any minute” your friend said. You were practically jumping out of your skin just waiting. You bounced on your toes and fiddled with your phone in your hands, checking the time repeatedly to see how many minutes passed. You and your friend had already been waiting for an hour to see Seventeen, but the only person you really cared about was your bias, Mingyu.

Every time you thought about him, butterflies fluttered in your stomach and you got a big goofy smile on your face. You didn’t really know why, since he was going to be an idol soon and you’d just be a fan, but for whatever reason, he made you indescribably happy. Maybe it was because of his tall and cute looks,  or maybe it was because of his dancing, or maybe it was because of his interactions with the other members in 17TV, but whatever it was that made him so perfect, you loved him for it.

Your friend nudged you, bringing you out of your daydream. “Look! Their van is here!” You looked to where she was pointing and sure enough, fifteen boys filed out of a few vans. You pulled your friend along to where other fans were gathering and taking pictures. Your friend joined them because she had one of those really nice, fancy cameras, but you just watched them silently. You had a pen and paper ready to get Mingyu’s autograph if he came close to you, but you didn’t know if that was okay. Would it be weird to ask since they haven’t actually debuted yet? You thought about your options as you and the other fangirls kept a safe distance following Seventeen around. 

You looked to your right and saw that your friend had left you; she went on ahead of Seventeen to take better pictures of their faces, mostly concentrating on Mingyu for you. You could have ran to catch up with her, but you suddenly became shy and decided to stay walking slowly behind the whole group. You watched as Mingyu casually looked around over the heads of everyone else (due to his height), playing with his phone and walking, and coolly slipping it back in his pocket - except that when he took a step off the curb, his phone bounced back out of his green vest into the gutter.

No one from Seventeen noticed, and Mingyu walked on. Fans were too busy taking pictures to see, which left you as the only person who saw. You quickly ran and picked it up, wiping off the dust and dirt as you speed walked to catch up to Mingyu. Finally you got close enough to tap him on the shoulder. “Mingyu?”

He turned around. “You dropped this.” You held the phone out.

His face turned to a look of surprise. “Oh, thank you!!” He bowed. “Did it break?”

“I don’t think so” you managed to say although your heart was pounding at a dangerous pace in your chest.

Then he noticed the paper and pen you were still holding. He took a quick look over his shoulder to judge how far Seventeen had walked without him, then quickly took the paper and pen out of your hand. “What’s your name?” he asked. You spelled it out for him. You saw him write a short message and sign it. You tried not to stare too hard at him while he wrote, but you wanted to capture every detail of his face so up close to your own: his bangs swept to the side, his eyelashes blinking, and especially the adorable pout his lips made.

“Thanks so much again!” He handed you the paper, bowed again, and smiled. You almost melted right at the spot because of that smile. You didn’t even have time to say anything back before he ran off to catch up with the members.

Everything happened so fast, it was like a dream. You stood at the same spot for awhile still in shock, then took a deep breath. You looked down at the message he wrote: Help me to see if it really isn’t broken. Call me! :) His number was scrawled next to his name. Your mouth dropped open and you immediately looked up. Mingyu turned around just at the same moment and waved to you - again, with that award-winning smile on his face.