Junhui/Reader 01

Seventeen Scenarios

Here’s some Junhui for awesomemila. And it’s his birthday today/tomorrow! :) (depending where you are on the globe lol). ~ Admin M


“Hey” Junhui smiled as he picked you up from your school’s front gate. He went to a different school across town, but he always walked you home before going to dance practice. “How was school today?”

You wrapped your arms around him and thumped your head against his chest. “Rough” you answered, sadly.

“Aww, what happened?” He took your books from you and held your hand as you started walking to your house.

“I just had two really hard finals and they both determine if I get a good grade in the class. I think I completely bombed them so now my grade’s gonna . And I have two more finals tomorrow.”

“Aww, I’m sure you did great!” His smile usually reassured you whenever you were worried, but not today.

“I doubt it. I just hate how everything depends on grades. No college is going to want me now and I’m going to have no future at all and-” In your ranting, you began to cry, and you cut yourself off with a choked sob.

“Hey, hey, don’t cry” Junhui stopped walking and sat you down at a bus stop bench. “Grades aren’t everything. Did you see my mom’s weibo post? I just had my college entrance exams too, and I don’t know if I did so well on them either.”

“But that’s different” you sniffled. “You’re smart and even if you don’t get into college, you’re already an actor and going to debut in a boyband. You have something to fall back on if you don’t get into college. You could even wait a few years after your debut and then go back to school. But with me, if I don’t get into college, I don’t know what to do. I don’t already have a career plan.” Your breathing became uneven and you wiped your eyes.

“Babe” he said gently, leaning your head into his shoulder and rubbing your back comfortingly.

You only cried harder, tears running down your cheeks and onto your boyfriend’s gray clothes. “I just hate school. You and all my other friends are going to be so successful, and then there’s me who can’t do anything right and I’m just a big failure.”

 ”You’re not a failure, ______” Junhui said and placed his hands on your shoulders, turning your body towards him and looking straight in your eyes. “You are perfect the way you are. Even if you don’t get into a college as prestigious as someone else, you tried your best, and that’s all anyone can ask of you. You’re smart and strong and I love you.”

“Okay” you nodded, trying to believe that his words were true, and you wiped your eyes again. He gave you a light, quick kiss. “I’m probably going to make you late for practice, I’m sorry” you said. “Tell your manager I had a nervous breakdown and blame me for making you late.”

Junhui shook his head and stood up to finish walking you the rest of the way home. “No, it’s fine. When my girl needs me, I’m going to be there for her.”