Doyoon/Reader 03

Seventeen Scenarios

Merry Christmas! I’ll try to get a Christmas scenario out actually soon lol. This Doyoon oneshot was requested by farahmogea. ~ Admin M


You heard your heart pound in your ears as you walked down the long, empty hallway. The floor looked like it had recently been cleaned - when you looked down, the white tiles showed your reflection, and your kicks squeaked at every step you took. Finally you reached the room where you were supposed to start your first day as a trainee with dance practice. 

You took a few deep breaths before deciding to go in, but just as you took a step forward, the door swung open, almost hitting you in the face. 

"Oh!" A surprised boy with smooth, flippy brown hair said, jumping back a little. He quickly bowed and said something else - you guessed it was an apology, but you didn’t know. You internally cursed the scheduling managers for not putting a Korean lesson first thing, since you only spoke English. You didn’t even know basic phrases yet. 

Seeing you be unresponsive, the boy cocked his head to one side, then asked “New?” You nodded, and he was gone and back in a second, now with another boy who looked about the same age as him.

"Hi, I’m Jisoo" the other boy introduced himself in English. I wave of relief swept over you hearing the familiar language. You replied with your name. "Are you a trainee here now? Do you need help finding where to go?" Jisoo inquired.

"Uhh, I think I’m supposed to be here for dance practice" you answered.

Jisoo checked his watch. “Oh, you’re a little early. If you want, I think there’s time to give you a quick tour of the building.” You agreed. You had gotten a tour when you first arrived, but a second time with two cute boys couldn’t hurt.

The boy you initially ran into whispered something in Korean to Jisoo. Jisoo smiled and said something back, then turned to you. “Actually, my friend here wants to take you around by himself” Jisoo translated. “I have something to do anyways, so maybe I’ll see you later, ______. It was nice meeting you, bye!” Before you could respond, Jisoo went back into the practice room and you were left alone facing the first boy.

"My name is Doyoon" he said slowly, trying his best to speak as clearly as possible. "Let’s go" he smiled warmly. 

Unsure of how this tour with a language barrier would be, you quietly followed behind him. It was awkward at first: he pointed out a few rooms and explained in English as best he could, but you weren’t used to hearing an accent, and you didn’t know what to say back. The Pledis Building was pretty small compared to other entertainment companies’, but walking through the halls with a boy who was basically a stranger made the trip feel hours long. Doyoon stopped at the end of one hall before turning the corner to show you another one. He cocked his head to the side again and looked at you.

”______…” he started. “Nervous?” You nodded silently. “I know.” He paused, trying to think of the right words. “…how you feel.” He held out his hand, and you hesitantly, but gladly, took it in your own. He flipped his bangs and gave you a sweet smile. You couldn’t help but be captured by his gentle eyes and smile back. His big, warm hand encompassed your smaller hand as he continued to show you around, and while you still could not verbally communicate to each other very much, you soon realized that talking did not always mean through words, but instead, through caring actions.