Dongjin/Reader 01

Seventeen Scenarios

I think this was for an anonymous noona x) enjoy ~ Admin M


Warning: Swearing. (sorry ><)

"I’m so stupid. I never learn and I always fall for the wrong guys" you cried into the phone. “He played me again like everyone said he would; I ing hate boys, Dongjin." You wiped your eyes on your sleeve and grabbed the box of tissues off your desk. You had just found out that the guy you’d been seeing was already dating multiple other girls. You immediately called Dongjin to talk to, since he was the most understanding friend you had. He was younger, but surprisingly, often gave the best advice and comfort than anyone else.

"Noona," Dongjin said gently, “you’ll be okay. Just forget him." 

You flopped back on your bed. “But it’s hard. I really liked him. I guess I’m just still in shock; I really thought he was the one."

"Well now you know he wasn’t, so you’re one heart break closer to finding the boy who is ‘the one’. You’ll be fine, Noona."

"But I’m tired of being heart broken, Dongjin." You paused and took a deep breath. “I’m so tired of putting myself out there and trusting people only to get shot down and left alone. To be honest, it’s ing exhausting, and I’m sick of it." You sniffled and dabbed at your eyes with a tissue. It was quiet on the other end of the line for a moment, and suddenly all your sadness turned to complete rage.

"You don’t even understand!" You yelled and sighed exasperatedly. “Why am I even talking to you - you’re too young to ever have felt love towards anyone; you don’t know how it feels to be heartbroken!" Hot tears streamed down your face faster. “Why are guys such douchebags; they’re all the ing same! They just use you and throw you away; they’re so stupid!" You were practically having a tantrum now: throwing your pillows around and angrily wiping your face. With how loud you were crying into the phone, you didn’t realize Dongjin was trying to talk to you.

"NOONA!" He finally shouted and got your attention. “What are you trying to say I’m too young to understand for?! I’ve been by your side through everything - every single one of your heart breaks - and I helped you through them! How could you say I can’t understand your pain?!" You stopped sobbing for a second and listened to Dongjin verbally attack you. He’s never raised his voice before, so this sudden change scared you. His voice got a lot deeper and harsher. “How can you say all guys are douchebags?? When I’M RIGHT HERE. WHEN I’VE BEEN RIGHT HERE ALL ALONG. Stop ing crying AND LOOK AT WHO’S IN FRONT OF YOU FOR ONCE. Who’s the guy who’s been by your side all this time? ME. I swear you’re ing blind."

You gulped and there was a long pause between the two of you. You didn’t know how to react to Dongjin yelling at you, and you definitely didn’t know if your tears were because of your broken heart or because your best friend just screamed and cussed at you - swearing and cussing was another thing Dongjin never did.

You finally broke the silence with a quiet, barely above a whisper, straggled voice. “What the hell was that, Dongjin? I call you for comfort and you just yell at me. I’m already hurting."  

He sighed and another long pause passed. “You know what? this. You’re at home, right? I’m coming over."

"What??"

But you already heard him moving around: his house keys jingled in his pocket and the front door slammed; then he ended the call.

Your houses were about 30 minutes walking distance of one another. In the time you waited, you paced around your house. You didn’t even know how you got to be in this position: one moment you were ranting to your friend, and the next moment, he turns against you and accuses you of you don’t even know what. Your mind was completely confused and you only felt like crying more. The doorbell rang quicker than you anticipated,  bringing you out of your thoughts. 

Hesitantly, you opened up the door to see a sweaty, red-eyed Dongjin on the other side. “Noona," he said, immediately taking you in his arms, “I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean to yell and cuss at you, I’m sorry." He began to cry and you felt your eyes get watery too. You sat on the couch together and hugged one another tightly. It was an odd situation to have your first conflict with him, but it was because you both hurt one another in ways you didn’t realize.

"I was just so upset, first because another guy hurt you, and then because all this time, I’ve liked you so much" he explained. “It’s my fault for not speaking up, but I felt like it was so obvious, so I got mad at you that you didn’t realize I’ve been here the whole time. I know you might not like younger guys, but I promise, Noona, I’ll treat you better than any other guy. I’ll never hurt you like that last guy did, or any of the ones before. And I promise I’ll never cuss at you again - that was really out of line and not like me at all. Please, give me a chance, Noona."

You were at a loss for words and all you could do was nod at his confession. “I’m sorry too. Sorry that I didn’t realize sooner that you were the perfect guy any girl could ask for and that you’ve been here all along."

Dongjin smiled and took your face in his hands, kissing you sweetly. “I love you, Noona."

"I love you too, Dongjin."