Jihoon/Reader 02

Seventeen Scenarios

Another one for liviahahahaha ~ Admin M


"Mooooom" you groaned walking to the car. “Do I really have to come? She’syour friend, not mine." Your parents were forcing you to come along with them to eat with a family friend. You didn’t see the point; adults were boring.

"Yes," your dad answered for her. “You’ve met our friends before; you know they have a son who’s about your age."

Oh yeah," you thought. You remember meeting the son the last time you came with your parents to visit the other family. But it was a long time ago and all you remember is that the son’s name is Jihoon and the whole time you were around him he teased you because he’s older than you, but only by a month. You remember how annoying he was, but that’s when you were both a lot younger, so maybe he changed.

There were a lot of hugs and greetings as soon as you got to the restaurant. The parents were all happy to see each other and you politely greeted Jihoon’s parents, but you and Jihoon didn’t say much to each other. From the looks of it, he didn’t want to be here either. When you got seated in the restaurant, the parents let you and Jihoon sit by yourselves at a different table across the room.

"This is awkward, it looks like we’re on a date" Jihoon mumbled. You nodded in agreement. You two really didn’t know what to talk about, besides having idle small talk, so you were grateful for when your food came, so eating could be a distraction.

As you finished up your meal, Jihoon suddenly asked “Want to ditch?"

"Huh?" you looked up from your plate.

"Let’s get outta here." He left a tip on the table and stood up. Knowing your parents would take your bill, you sneakily left the restaurant without telling them and headed into downtown. Now out of the cramped atmosphere, Jihoon became a little more relaxed, and you walked and talked for quite some time. You mostly talked about school, but Jihoon made the conversation funny; he was really nice to talk to. You window shopped and stopped for frozen yogurt, then headed to the local park. You were sitting on the swings together when a strong breeze blew by. 

"Are you cold?" Jihoon asked immediately and put his jacket over your lap like a blanket. 

"Thanks, Oppa" you smiled shyly. He had turned into quite the gentleman over the years that you definitely didn’t remember him as when you met before. 

You noticed him smile. “I like when you call me oppa" he admitted, blushing.

You continued to rock back and forth on the swings, when Jihoon’s phone suddenly rang. It was his mom; you guys hadn’t even realized that 2 hours had gone by already! You couldn’t hear exactly what his mom said, but it was something along the lines of “Where are you?? Why did you leave? Are you with ______??"

"We’re just in the park, Omma. We got tired of sitting in the restaurant. And of course I’m with ______, I wouldn’t leave her!" He looked sideways at you and smiled and gave that roll-eyes-you-know-how-moms-are look. You giggled and nodded. Their phone conversation continued with Jihoon responding with a lot of “yes", “sorry", and “okay". You figured he might be getting a lecture, but he finally ended it saying “Arasso, we’re coming back right now." He hung up with an annoyed huff and looked at you apologetically. You just smiled understandingly and as you walked all the way back to the restaurant, you couldn’t help but think that the time you spent with Jihoon could lead to a beautiful friendship.