Chan/Reader 04

Seventeen Scenarios

omg first fantasy request! this idea immediately came up in my mind when this was requested so I’ve been excited to write this. I hope this is fantasy-ish enough liviahahahaha >.< ~ Admin M


It was a normal, sunny Friday as you walked home from school, but as you passed the local park, you heard something in the bushes. A little mutt dog came out in front of you. It’s pretty easy to tell when a dog is happy or sad, but this dog didn’t have any tail-wagging, tongue-hanging-out-of-the-mouth, sad eyes, or anything; he just looked up at you. Although he didn’t wear a collar, he looked pretty well taken care of, so you slowly bent down and let him sniff your hand. You petted him a little and he happily rolled around. He was pretty cute, but you continued on your way home…only to realize he was following you! You didn’t know if your parents would allow you to have a dog, but maybe you could persuade them to let you keep him for tonight, or at least until you could bring him to an animal shelter. 

Thankfully your parents agreed, as long as you took the dog to the shelter immediately tomorrow. This dog was so friendly and cute and playful so you spent the rest of the day playing with him, until you both were ready to sleep. You hugged the dog and placed him on the floor next to your bed, but he immediately jumped up and arranged himself at the foot of your bed. “Well, okay, I guess you can sleep there" you said to him and snuggled him one more time before turning out the light and crawling under the covers yourself. 

You started to drift off to sleep, but it hadn’t been 10 minutes before you felt the dog walking around and stepping on your stomach. “Ah, what are you doing? Go to sleep now" you said. The dog looked at you with slightly begging eyes and you smiled at him. “Okay, how about you sleep right next to me then?" You patted the spot next to you and he laid down against you. You rubbed his tummy and kissed his head before falling asleep again with him under your arm.

You hadn’t been asleep for long when you felt the dog moving again. You rubbed your sleepy eyes and tried to put the dog down again, but when you pet him, it wasn’t a dog next to you anymore. You screamed. It was a boy.

"Shh please don’t scream, don’t scream, I’m not going to hurt you!" the boy whispered.

You scooted all the way to the other side of your bed and held the first thing that you grabbed, which was a pillow. “Who are you?" you asked in a shaky voice.

"I was the dog you took in" he said slowly. He the lamp by your bed and you saw him clearly. He was fully dressed like a normal kid and his face looked young; he probably was not much older than you.

"You were the dog? Are you some weird shape shifter or something??"

"Listen, what I’m going to tell you might seem weird, but it’s true. Please don’t be scared, just listen."

"Sure" you nodded.

"Okay, when I was little, I was put under a curse that changed me into the mutt that you saw me as. The only way I can turn into a human is when people show affection to me, like how you hugged me when you slept. But if no one cares for me, I turn back into a dog. Families have adopted me as a dog but as soon as I turn into a kid because they pet me or hug me, they get really scared and I turn back into an animal and live on the streets again. I know it sounds crazy, but that’s how I’ve been living my life ever since I was little."

"And how old are you now?" you asked.

"Fourteen. Oh, and my name is Chan by the way, but you can call me oppa if you want."

"So how do you break the curse…oppa?" You lowered the pillow from where you were clutching it against your chest, and moved closer to him. Now that you were sure he wasn’t a murderer, his story sounded pretty interesting.

He shook his head. "I don’t know how. That’s my problem."

"Well, you can still stay here for the night" You offered. 

"Are you sure? I don’t want t-"

"It’s fine, Oppa, really. And you’re cuter as a person than a dog so I’d rather you stay a person" you blurted out by mistake. 

He laughed. “Well, thanks." You both blushed and laid next to each other on the bed.

"So how can I make sure you don’t turn back into a dog again tonight?" you asked a little awkwardly. You didn’t mean to sound blunt, but you didn’t want him to go back to how he was.

"Uh…I guess just hold my hand" he suggested just as awkwardly. You took his hand in yours and it felt nice, honestly: soft, and warm, and comforting. Neither one of you could fall asleep again, so you ended up talking for hours, mostly about what his life was like. At about 3 AM, you got to the topic of how to break Chan’s curse again. 

"I just wish I knew the cure. I hate how I am" he confessed.

"You’ll figure it out someday. You won’t be like this forever" you comforted him.

There was a moment of silence, then he said, “I’ve always hoped that my curse would have some fairy tale ending, but instead of me saving a princess, I’d be the one who gets saved."

You glanced over at him. “Do you want to…?"

"If you’re okay with it…" 

You grinned at him, and very cautiously, you both leaned in until your lips touched. The kiss lasted a few seconds, then you slowly pulled away. “Do you feel any different?" you asked.

"No, maybe we have to wait a little while to see if anything changes. But I’m happy I can at least say I was kissed by a princess" he smiled.