Chan/Reader 01

Seventeen Scenarios

 

Requested by Anon ~Admin M


 

“Chan, what’s wrong?” Soonyoung asked his friend. He squatted down and Chan looked at him, then slowly brought his eyes back down to the floor. He sighed sadly.

”______ is coming over later, and I…I was thinking I should break up with her.”

“Wait, what?? Why??”

“She deserves someone better than me.”

“Chan, what are you talking about? She likes you so much; she tells me all the time. Why do you thi-“

“No,” Chan insisted, “She deserves someone better because I’m not good at this. I don’t know when I’m supposed to hold her hand; I don’t know when the right time is to kiss her - I mean, I’ve never even kissed anyone before! I just don’t know how to be a boyfriend!” His voice rose louder and he covered his face with this hands, completely distressed.

“Hey…” Soonyoung patted Chan’s shoulder comfortingly, “Don’t worry about it. Relationships are learning experiences. Don’t break up with her because of this, you should talk to her about it.” Right on cue, as if it was a movie scene, you walked into the studio. “Good luck” Soonyoung said, and he slapped Chan’s back once more before he left.

“Hey, Chan” you smiled as you approached him.

He stood up from where he was sitting and hugged you, a little hesitantly. “Hey, can we talk outside for a minute?” he asked.

“Sure” you replied and walked with him into the hallway outside the studio. You could tell he was nervous about something, but you didn’t know what. He shifted uneasily as he stood across from you and bit his lip, all while avoiding any eye contact with you. 

Suddenly, he asked “What do you think of me?”

“What do I think of you? I think you’re funny and cute and-“

“No, I mean what do you think of me as a boyfriend?” he interrupted. You tilted your head to one side in curiosity, but he just stared back at you, waiting for an answer.

“I think you’re the best boyfriend in the world, Chan.” You reached for his hand and held it loosely.

“Do you really mean that?” 

“Of course I do! What are you worried about?”

“I just think you should have someone more experienced.” He slipped his hand out of yours and put his hands in his jeans pockets. “You’re my first girlfriend, and honestly, I don’t know how to be a good boyfriend. I feel so clueless sometimes and I want you to be happy with someone who knows what he’s doing.” He took a deep breath and exhaled out, finally looking you in the eyes after he was done saying what’s been on his mind.

“But you’re the one who makes me happy; I don’t want anyone else. This is my first relationship too, and I don’t always know if I’m being a good girlfriend either, but that’s what I like about us being a couple - we get to figure this out together. I honestly really like you. I don’t need a “more experienced” guy. I just need you.”

Chan’s mouth slowly turned into a big grin and he wrapped his arms around you in a tight embrace. “You’re the best, did you know that?” he laughed. You separated from the hug and his hands slid lower down so they were around your waist. He stared at you for a moment, then suddenly crashed his lips onto yours. You were taken aback at first, but just as you relaxed, he pulled away. “This is what I mean when I say I’m not sure if I’m doing this right…was it okay to kiss you?” he asked.

“Don’t question it!” Soonyoung poked his head out into the hallway, surprising you both. “Just do it again! Replay that first kiss right now!”

“Hyung!!” Chan yelled, but Soonyoung just laughed and closed the studio door again. “Sorry for the interruption” he apologized.

You laughed. “It’s okay.” Chan smiled and hugged you tightly again, then pecked your lips once more before going back into the studio with you, and getting greeted by his teasing hyungs.