Hansol/Reader 06

Seventeen Scenarios

Requested by Anon - enjoy! And as a heads up I probably won’t be on here until next Wednesday. I gotta lot of summer hw to do this week ~ Admin M


You entered the piano studio silently, shutting the familiar creaky door with your toe. It was strangely quiet for a Friday afternoon - no classical Beethoven symphonies nor romantic Chopin sonatas the students before you usually played could be heard, but as you got closer to the room where the piano was kept, you could faintly hear someone pressing the plastic keys, or more like noodling around. You cracked the door open and stuck your head in to see a boy your age sitting at a keyboard.

"Hello?" you said. The boy turned around, just as surprised to see you as you were surprised to see him.

"Oh, is your lesson next? Sorry, Mr. Kim just went to get me a new copy of music; I’ll be gone soon."

"Oh, it’s okay. Are you new here? I’ve never seen you at this studio before" you asked, hoping you didn’t sound rude.

He nodded. “I’ve only been coming here for a few weeks, but I’ve been playing piano for a couple of years now. My name’s Hansol, by the way."

"Oh cool, my name’s ______….uh, do you know where the piano went?" You eyed the foreign electronic keyboard again.

"Mr. Kim said he had to move the piano out to get it fixed. The keys were sticking and something with the damper pedal was wrong I think."

You nodded and leaned against the wall. “That was a nice song you were playing earlier" you commented, just trying to keep the conversation going.

He chuckled and flipped his brown hair out of of his eyes. “Thanks, I was just messing around." You smiled at each other, but you felt your face blushing. You looked away, wondering what had suddenly come over you to make you feel butterflies in your stomach. 

"Hey, what music do you have there?" Hansol pointed to your books and binder that sheet music was almost falling out of now. “Is that Wedding Dress by Taeyang?"

"Yeah it is."

"Is it the duet?" He looked hopeful.

You nodded. “Do you want to play it?" 

"Sure!" He pulled up another chair besides his as you set up the music. “What part do you want to play?"

You shrugged. “Doesn’t matter to me. You can start."

"Okay." Hansol counted off quietly to himself, then began the basic melody of the song. The arrangement was actually supposed to be played on two different pianos, but since the current circumstances didn’t allow for that, Hansol stretched over the whole piano, occasionally bumping into you and whispering a quick “sorry". You just smiled and watched his fingers glide and dance over the black and white keys. You were so mesmerized, that you almost missed your entrance! You quickly found your place and took over the melody on the high notes as Hansol’s part drifted into the backround. It was a long four minute song and you both had slip-ups here and there, but overall you thought you two sounded pretty good together. You held the final chord and turned to each other, smiling as you lightly lifted your hands off the keyboard.

"Wow! That was so good! You play so well!" Hansol complimented you.

"No way, that was all you!"

"Nah, but I kept getting distracted."

You laughed, “With what?"

"Uh…" he shyly looked away. “I was just…um…thinking of how pretty you’d look in a wedding dress."

"Hm?" you looked at him a little closer and he took a peek at you.

"I’m sorry you probably think I’m really creepy." He avoided your eyes.

"No, no, it’s okay. I mean, you’d look pretty handsome in a tux, too."

You both giggled awkwardly and smiled at each other, but then your piano teacher came in. Hansol stood and thanked him for the new music. “Maybe I’ll see you next week, ______" he said as he left. “Bye!"

You smiled and waved goodbye to him, and needless to say, for the next half hour, you couldn’t concentrate on your piano lesson at all.