Mingyu/Reader 01

Seventeen Scenarios

This is specially for the birthday girl, Alina! Your friend requested this for you. Happy Birthday :) ~Admin M


Your phone buzzed in your pocket and you smiled when you saw you had a text message from your boyfriend, Mingyu. He sent you a picture of himself with Wonwoo and Hansol, knees bent and one hand in the air, their hoods up and smiling that smile you loved so much. You read the caption:

Noona, are you done with school? Come down to the studio, we have a new dance to show you! :)

You quickly replied and went down to the studio, but when you arrived, all the lights were out. You knocked on the door and opened it up just a crack.

“Mingyu?” you called into the darkness. Well this was a little spooky. 

“Oh! Noona you’re here!” Seokmin said, answering the door. “We just had a blackout, but the guys are still in here.” He opened up the door completely and you walked in, just as you heard a muffled “3, 2, 1…”

“…SURPRISE!” The lights flickered on and the guys jumped up from behind a table, totally surprising you. “Happy Birthday!” they all shouted and ran to greet you, but Mingyu got to you first and wrapped you in a tight hug. When you let go, you got a good look of the room; it was decorated with a ton of streamers and balloons of all colors, presents took up a large chunk of space in a corner of the studio, and the table that they were hiding behind was in the center of the room with party hats, confetti, and a nice big cake on it.

“You did this all for me?” you asked in amazement.

“Of course! The best girlfriend in the world deserves the best birthday” Mingyu answered. He gently took your hands in his and stood in front of you, looking in your eyes for a moment; then, he leaned down and pressed his lips to yours in a sweet kiss.

“Yah! Do that somewhere else!” the rest of Seventeen shouted and playfully slapped Mingyu’s back. He blushed a little, like he always did when his friends , but you liked how that never stopped him from kissing you in front of them anyways.

“You’re so sweet” you told him and he smiled. “But, is there any reason you did this today? My birthday’s tomorrow.”

At that, his mouth dropped open and he became even more red. He turned to his friends, but they just laughed loudly, almost rolling on the floor taken over by giggles. “Oh…” he started to say, and he awkwardly put his hand behind his neck . “Well I guess we can just have another party tomorrow?” He shrugged and smiled shyly, but you just hugged him again. It’s the thought that counts; Mingyu was still the best boyfriend ever.