The Confession

Love is Pain

 

The next morning, Youngbae woke up Daesung, shaking his shoulder gently. “Y-Yeah?” Daesung questioned, yawning. “We’re going to see Seunghyun. Remember our conversation yesterday?” Daesung shot up.

“Daesung, I’m sorry about that interview. We asked the company not to put you on there. Is that okay?”

“Yeah..”

“Why are you crying?”

“I-.. I don’t know...”

“Is it Seunghyun?”

“W-What?”

“Answer me. We’re best friends, Dae. Trust me. Is it Seunghyun?”

“.... Well, yeah. Y-Yeah.. I guess.”

“Good. I’m happy for you, but I can’t stand seeing you all gloomy. Tell him how you feel.”

“N-No! He’d reject me!”

“That’s the worst he could do. Trust me on it, I think maybe Seunghyun’s beginning to have a bit of an attraction towards you.”

“He-.. He can’t! He’s straight! He’s 100% straight!”

“And has he ever told you his ual orientation?”

“...”

“Exactly.”

“Okay.. But.. you need to come with me!”

“Sure.”


At that moment, Seungri and Jiyong had burst into the room, bringing their conversation to a firm halt.

Daesung let out a sigh and leaned into Youngbae’s chest.. “Let’s go.” Youngbae looked at the alarm clock. “At 7am? You kidding? I’m tired. You can think of what to say while I sleep, if you want.” With that, he almost immediately fell into a deep lumber.

Daesung glanced up at the ceiling. What would he say? There was no backing out of it, as Youngbae would probably eventually end up telling Seunghyun himself. He groaned and buried his head in his pillow.

----

Seunghyun had been doing a lot of thinking. A lot of thinking. All of it was about Daesung. He looked at the flowers. The note said “Lots of love, Daesung, Jiyong, Youngbae and Seungri!” Daesung’s name had come first. Daesung bought him the gifts. And that made him really happy. And on that picture... Daesung looked the saddest. Seunghyun got a pang in his heart when he thought about it. Daesung being the saddest. Whenever Daesung was upset, recently, all Seunghyun wanted to do was to hold him in his arms.

Never let go.

This was too frustrating. Well, Seunghyun did vaguely remember saying something about Daesung loving him... Did Daesung love him? He sighed. He did feel some sort of attraction towards Dae. When Daesung wasn’t there, Seunghyun felt a lot different. He needed to somehow confirm if these feelings were real or fake.

He tried again to remember what happened with the whole shower scene. All he could really remember was that wine... It made him feel really weird... Then walking to the bathroom, he could remember hearing a voice... then a quiet smash on the head... he couldn’t move... People spilling his blood everywhere... Running away...

He needed to talk to someone about this. He looked at the clock. 11am. The doctor’s had told him that bottle of wine had been delivered, and he was asked to confirm it... then they did a drug test... He should get results back soon. He put back the book he was reading. He’d read a few chapters, and so far, it was quite good. He enjoyed it. He could kind of see why Daesung enjoyed reading it, anyway.

He sighed as he yet again, thought about that blonde haired angel. He stopped himself. Blonde haired angel? He was so cheesy. He groaned. He wanted to tell Daesung his newly found feelings, but where the hell was he? Daesung even told him he’d be there early.

The door suddenly opened. Seunghyun looked over. Oh, There he was. With Youngbae. This was going to be a weird conversation if Youngbae didn’t go buy food at least once. “Hey guys,” He said. It sounded weak and faint, but that was nothing to do with his head, it was just out of tiredness.

However, Daesung noticed the faintness in his voice and rushed over. “A-Are you okay? Do you feel faint? Are you too hot?”

Seunghyun smiled. “No, I’m just tired.”

Daesung smiled and sat next to him. He wanted to grab Seunghyun’s hand, but his heart couldn’t stop pumping at the thought of finally confessing to him. He swallowed a lump in his throat, silently taking deep breaths, a bad attempt to calm his jumbled nerves. He glanced at Youngbae, who smiled and cocked his head in Seunghyun’s direction.

“I’m gonna go buy some snacks. I’ll be a few minutes!” Youngbae then stated, walking out the hospital room, shutting the door tightly.

Seunghyun secretly smiled to himself.

“Daesung, what’s the matter? You seem down again..” Seunghyun asked cautiously. He had a few things he needed to test with Daesung, and he’d prefer it if Daesung was in a good mood.

But, it probably wouldn’t matter what mood Daesung was in, anyway.

Daesung shook his head. “No... Nothing’s the matter.”

“Good...” was all the warning he got, before...

A firm hand softly cupped his cheek, accompanied with an arm being placed on his back pulling him forwards... warm, soft lips touching his own tenderly, causing his heart to stop beating, and his head to go spinning, the hand on his shoulder moved to rest on the small of his back to prevent him from falling backwards out of shock, pulling him closer to the other's slender frame, their bodies being pressed together as close as they had ever been...

Daesung’s hands had been at his side, but slowly, he traced them up Seunghyun’s slender back, one resting on his shoulder, one running through his hair, something he’d wanted to do ages. Seunghyun’s hair was smooth, like cotton candy. Smiling into the kiss, Daesung moved the hand on Seunghyun’s shoulder further towards his neck, his prominent collarbone with his thumb-tip.

Seunghyun broke apart briefly for some air, and then rested his forehead against Daesung’s.

“I think I like you.”

This time, Daesung closed the gap between the two, literally on the verge of fainting. He’d briefly imagined what it would be like to kiss Seunghyun, but he’d never imagined it to feel so... perfect.

The kiss was more passionate this time. More force was added to it than the first one, but neither Daesung nor Seunghyun even thought about deepening the kiss. It was amazing just as it was. Daesung wrapped both arms around Seunghyun’s neck, fireworks exploding in his heart. Their chests were pressed together, sharing each other’s heat, and it made Daesung feel somewhat complete.

Daesung opened his closed eyes when he felt Seunghyun pull away, breathing heavily. Their foreheads were again pressed up against each other, and Seunghyun smiled, arms wrapping around Daesung’s waist.

“I think I can confirm that I don’t think I like you. I know I like you.”

Daesung almost fainted there and then. Never on earth had he ever expected this moment. He could barely even see Seunghyun with his eyes open, as his smile was so wide. He his lips and then leaned backwards.

They held hands, staring at each other, their unbreakable smiles filling the silence that fell between them. Daesung dropped the eye contact and looked away, sighing.

“What is it, Dae? Regret it already?” Seunghyun asked, a hint of disappointment brushing over his words. “I just wanted to confirm my suspicions.” He finished, before lying back down again. Before Daesung could say anything, Youngbae nervously walked in, carrying some bottled green tea. He offered it to Daesung, who gently refused. He looked at his knees, his eyes filling up with tears. Had he already made a mistake?

Seunghyun sighed and sat up. “I was kidding, Dae.” He said softly, placing a hand on top of Daesung’s. Daesung looked up, heaving a sigh of relief.

“Phew, I thought...” Seunghyun laughed and placed a hand over Daesung’s.

Youngbae looked at the two of them. “So it worked out?”

Seunghyun looked away. “Don’t tell anyone.”

And Daesung knew that comment shouldn’t offend him, but it did. His heart sank a little. Youngbae just questioned Seunghyun with raised eyebrows.

“We’re not even in a relationship. Jiyong wouldn’t like it.” Seunghyun answered, making Daesung’s insides twist a bit at that sentence. He drew in a short breath, and stood up, facing Youngbae.

“We should go. I’m tired and I need sleep.” Daesung burst out, trying to secretly signal an “I don’t want to be here anymore” face. Youngbae softly nodded.

“Yeah, we will. I’ll see you in the waiting room, or else, ok?” Youngbae replied, rubbing his shoulder. Daesung awkwardly walked out, pulling on a light blue beanie and dark sunglasses so no one would notice him.

As soon as Daesung walked out the room, Youngbae turned around and sat down, trying to keep his anger down to a minimum. He rubbed his temple with his thumb, letting out a deep sigh.

“Well done. Knowing Daesung, he’s gonna think you regret everything that just happened.”

“You weren’t there.”

“I was standing outside the door.”

“But the green tea..?”

“In case you haven’t noticed, I have large pockets.”

Seunghyun sighed and grabbed the notebook, and his pen, writing something furiously. “Continue with what you were saying. I’m listening, and I need to hand this to you in a moment.” Sighing, Youngbae continued ranting.

“You know me, anyway. I wouldn’t tell anyone, because I usually prefer not to interfere with relationships, except for giving others courage. I really think you should-...” He was cut off with the sound of the door opening rather loudly. A nurse walked into the room, followed by Daesung, looking down. Seunghyun had already finished the note, and was ripping it out.

“This boy’s caused trouble. People recognised him, being famous and I had to help convince everyone he came here himself for a check-up. Daesungie, sit next to... That’s Taeyang, right? Yeah... Sit next to Taeyang.” The nurse ushered him to sit down, and he did, not looking up. He did that a lot. “Anyway, Seunghyun, I have these results of the drug test.”

Daesung’s head bolted up in shock. What?

“The results are positive, you were under drugs. We’ve sent the bottle to people to analyze. Onto the second question. What happened? Did you write it down?”

Seunghyun cringed at the fact Youngbae and Daesung were looking at him in a state of utter shock. Although Youngbae’s expression was more of a cross between shocked and interested. Or that was just him.

“Yeah, I did.” He flipped through his new notebook. He had quickly written it down after Jiyong and Daesung had left. He cleared his throat. “The wine began to hurt my head. I couldn’t feel or hear anything. Everything was slightly blurry. I walked to the shower, thinking that it was something that could be easily fixed. When I walked in, I was stopped by some weird man. He looked familiar, like I’d seen him before... Even though I couldn’t see his face... He the shower, and then smiled at me. I think. Suddenly the back of my head began to really hurt. Maybe it was the drug, I thought. My head was slammed onto the sink, and I out. That’s all I remember.”

CHAPTER SIXTEEN – END

A/N: HOW COULD ANYONE DO THIS TO SEUNGHYUN?! WHAT’RE YOU THINKING!?!?! Muahaha.... next chapter will be posted in a few hours. I’m not that mean to leave you on this terrible cliff-hanger. Or.. am I? >_<