3 Weeks On

Love is Pain

 

CHAPTER FOURTY-FOUR: INLUCID

*3 weeks later*

Seunghyun sat by Daesung’s bedside. He wasn’t really sitting, though, more lying on his chest. He had missed a lot of sleep, spending mostly all of his days in the hospital by Daesung’s side. But he was going to be the first person to see Daesung wake.

Fortunately, there’d been no news from Lee Soon.

He’d talk to Daesung as if he’d respond, usually running out of things to say quickly as he hadn’t been outside or on his laptop at home in a while, but then he’d pull out his phone and read Daesung some stupid article, laughing while reading it, hoping maybe he’d feel Daesung laugh with him.

His heart felt torn and ripped out whenever Daesung didn’t respond, and he was losing a lot of hope, but he still was positive Daesung would be okay.

Heart heaving, Seunghyun shut his eyes. Resting his head on Daesung’s chest meant he could feel him breathing, which made him feel great.

Rumours had gotten out about Daesung in hospital from god knows where, but no one commented on them in hopes they’d go away. The news had gotten front-page headlines.

Seunghyun visited every single minute he got (which usually meant he’d stay there most of the day), Youngbae and Seungri would come in frequently but not as often, and as Jiyong stayed with Dara a lot of the time, he didn’t visit as occasionally as them.

-----

“Well you know what? I didn’t plan any of this, so stop blaming me!”

“Then who did, Bae? Who could’ve known?”

“It’s a rumour, that, if we get worked up on, they’ll claim it as true and everyone will know, so let’s stop complaining, okay?”

Fine-... Is... Seunghyun sleeping?”

The two bickering voices got louder and louder as Youngbae and Seungri entered the room, spftening slightly when they saw Seunghyun. Sighing, Youngbae removed his arm from Seungri’s waist and walked over to Seunghyun’s side, sitting on the chair next to him.

“Seunghyun...” Youngbae cooed, shaking his shoulder softly, not wanting to wake him up, but feeling obliged to, as seeing him almost as lifeless as Daesung scared him.

Seunghyun opened one eye slightly, seeing spiky black hair come into view. “What...” He mumbled, before shutting them again. Youngbae just shook the shoulder gently again, this time pulling him up slightly. “You’ll hurt Daesung..” He tried again, looking at the deathly pale.

Bolting up, Seunghyun glanced at the heartbeat monitor. Luckily, it was still beating slowly. He sighed and face Youngbae, squeezing Daesung’s cold hand.

“How-.. How is he doing?” Youngbae asked. He was careful to phrase his question like Daesung didn’t look like he was about to die any second, and that he was simply sleeping.

Seunghyun shrugged. “Fine to me. But then again, how wou-.. how would I know? I’m not a physic, am I?” He replied, letting out a deep yawn in the middle of his sentence.

Smiling, Youngbae patted his lap. “Rest your head here.” He hummed, and Seunghyun looked at Daesung, to his hand, and then dropped his head onto Youngbae’s lap, falling asleep almost immediately, making up for the many lost hours of sleep.

Seungri sat the other side of the bed, brushing a piece of hair out Daesung’s face. “He looks better... Kinda...” He stated. The cuts and bruises had healed up a little, but however, he was, if not even paler than before. Seungri could actually see him breathing now, which was a good thing to see, and he poked Daesung on the mouth slightly.

“You’d better wake up soon, Dae. Seunghyun’s been sleepy and cranky for ages. It’s not good.” Seungri whispered, smiling lopsidedly. He then leant back. “It stinks in here.” He stated loudly once more, wrinkling his nose before looking at Youngbae, who was rubbing Seunghyun’s shoulder with his fingers gently. Youngbae hummed a small tune to the sleeping man, nodding his head back and forth. It was a happy song he hummed, which cheered up the room’s mood.

The door then burst open and Jiyong walked in with Dara, who held onto his hand for dear life, already crying. Dara looked over towards Daesung and then ran to him, sitting on the seat next to Seungri, taking Daesung’s hand out of his grasp and clutching it to herself. “D-Daesung..” She sniffed; words incoherent and mouth trembling, taking in deep breaths. “W-What.. Happened...” She trailed off, looking towards Youngbae and Seunghyun.

Youngbae sent a secret death glare to Jiyong. He would’ve probably murdered the man if looks could kill, but luckily, Seunghyun’s resting body prevented him from such actions. “He... Got into an accident.” Youngbae withdrew shortly, making sure to reveal as little details as possible. Even though it was Dara, he didn’t know who he could trust with the truth except from the four males surrounded by him.

Dara nodded, reaching another hand over to Daesung’s face, softly grazing over his face wounds. “D-Dae... Please wake up...” She sniffed, fortunately not noticing the bandage on his chest.

Seungri looked at Youngbae’s death glare and decided he would take on the role of dealing with Jiyong. Standing up, he looked directly at Jiyong, who looked back in confusion. “Come with me Ji, I wanna, um... get some water.” He made up, grabbing Jiyong’s elbow and pulling him out the room, making sure to lock the door behind him.

“Now, what do you really want?” Jiyong quizzed. He knew when Seungri lied, and had already figured the basic math of the whole situation.

“Why did you tell her?” Seungri whispered harshly, leaning in closer to Jiyong and taking his hands away, which in turn fiddled with the collar of his shirt. Jiyong shrugged, raising his arms above his head to click his shoulders. “She’s my girlfriend, Ri.” He emphasized, seeming to not exactly grasp the whole seriousness of the situation, much to Seungri’s frustration.

“She might be, but then what did you say? And why are you acting as if it’s all one huge joke?” Seungri spat out, piercing Jiyong’s eyes with his own, trying to get him at least intimidated. Jiyong, however, scoffed in response, before giving back a slightly cold expression. “Since when am I acting like it’s a joke, Ri? I hate that this has happened, and you know that. And all I did was confirm to her that he’s in a coma, and has been for the past 3 weeks, because she kept asking to see him!” He retorted, before tutting and turning to lean on the hospital corridor’s walls.

“Just casually telling people when we specifically asked you not to bring it up! It’s a little better that you only mentioned he was in a coma, but... Does the idea of paparazzi not concern you?” Seungri replied, before sighing and dropping his expression. “Sorry.” He mumbled, pulling Jiyong into a hug.

Jiyong patted Seungri’s back, and then put a hand on his shoulder, cocking his head towards the door. “Let’s go back in?” He inquired, earning a nod from the maknae. He smiled softly, taking his hand off Seungri, and opened the door. Seungri went to sit back where he was before, and Jiyong went to stand at the foot of the bed.

“Seungri, you said you were getting water...” Dara asked, noticing the lack of a cup in his hands. “Huh? Oh yeah, I drank it all already.” Seungri replied, a little too quickly, before adding “It was a small cup” to make sure it made sense.

Nodding, Dara turned back around, wiping her eyes.

“So... How did he get into this coma?” Dara asked softly, looking at Youngbae, who was running his hand through Seunghyun’s hair now.

“Um, we don’t know. Found him like this.” Youngbae replied immediately, looking down at the floor. Telling lies wasn’t his best point. What he said may have been slightly true, but it missed out all the important points and just summarized it up in a simple sentence. It hid the truth.

“Well.. I hope he gets better soon...” Dara responded quietly, grasping Daesung’s hand tightly. Youngbae nodded in recognition and exhaled, looking at Daesung’s figure.

“Yeah.”

---

Jiyong and Dara left about half an hour later, leaving Youngbae and Seungri to talk about them and their visit.

“I mean, they could’ve stayed a little longer...”

“But Bae, you should’ve told them that then.”

“I shouldn’t have to! It feels like-...” Youngbae stopped speaking in the middle of his sentence to gesture Seungri to walk over to him so that he could whisper into his ear. “It... Feels like Jiyong’s given up on him.” He commented quietly, before sighing and looking down at Seunghyun, who was still asleep.

Seungri sat back down, fiddling with his hands, fingers interlocking. “Oh..” He breathed, looking over to Daesung. He grimaced and then stood up; walking over to the window situated by the head of Daesung’s bed. The blinds were currently down.

“Do you think...? We’ll see L-Lee Soon again?” Seungri asked, although more to himself, as he looked out from a gap in the blinds, at the sparsely populated street. It usually was a little busier than this, but then again, Sunday lunchtimes weren’t always the most populated times. He turned around and saw Youngbae crouched over; hands clasped together, deep in thought, Seunghyun still on his lap.

Walking back to his seat, he grabbed Daesung’s hand. It was still ice-cold, but for whatever reason his mind decided to convince him that Daesung’s hand was slowly getting warmer.

Seunghyun opened one sleepy eye, and turned his head to look up at Youngbae, who’s head was slightly hidden from view by his hands. He lifted his head slowly, to the side as to not disturb Youngbae from his praying. He looked over to Daesung, hoping to see something changed. He did wonder whether Daesung could hear them all, so took the opportunity to grab Daesung’s hand. “I need you...” He mumbled to Daesung.

He held still, hoping like in the dramas his hand or his fingers would twitch.

They never did.

Sighing, he leant back into his own seat, noticing Seungri staring at him. Nodding curtly, he then leant forward and rested his elbows on his knees, interlocking his hands together and resting his head on the surface they produced.

A knock suddenly erupted from the door. A doctor then walked in.

“Uh, Sorry to bother you,” He started, bowing to them. They bowed back, not sure what to anticipate from his mouth. “.. But you’re going to have to leave. There’s something we need to check up on, and it may need some surgery if it’s bad.” He finished, slowly placing his hands together.

Youngbae finished his prayers and looked up. Nodding, he stood up. “We’ll wait outside?” He asked.

The doctor affirmed his question by a nod of the head and a grimacing smile. He waited for the 3 to slowly get out, and then shut the door, moving over to Daesung.

The three silently waited outside, Youngbae clutching Seungri and Seunghyun’s hand.

The doctor came back out shortly, pointing inside the room. “Come back with me, I need to tell you something I didn’t before.”

Seunghyun stared at the doctor, and slowly made his way into the room, sitting next to Daesung.

Youngbae and Seungri curiously followed, standing next to Daesung’s bed on the opposite side to Seunghyun. They sat down, curious of what to expect. Youngbae’s hand the outline of his phone in his pocket, wondering whether to call Jiyong after this serious news had been delivered to him.

“We didn’t tell you this before as we thought that you’d be quite upset and we waited for you to calm down a bit, but..” The doctor paused, staring at the nurse on the other side of the room.

“He was . Four times, to be specific.” He finished, grimacing slightly at them. “I’m sorry..” He started, staring at their widened eyes.

Seunghyun couldn’t fathom what the doctor had just said. “F-Four....” He slowly repeated, croaking slightly. His angel had been traumatised four times. He grabbed onto Daesung’s hand, trying his best not to cry in front of everyone.

Instead, he sniffed and buried his head into Daesung’s resting shoulder, trying to calm himself down but failing.

He’d failed to be there for Daesung.

Daesung was probably screaming inside.

Youngbae’s eyes remained open and he didn’t move. The news was such a shock that he couldn’t move his hand to put on his heart, which was beating so fastly he could feel it pound in his mouth. His mouth was open in shock, and Seungri was almost the exact same, except he covered his mouth and shook his head slightly, eyes pacing around the room.

“I’m sorry for telling you this now, but we didn’t know how you’d react. Don’t worry about it though, with the right amount of care, he’ll get better. He’ll need you.” He stated briefly, before walking out the room; along with the nurse and shutting the door, leaving them to endlessly sob and cry together; while Seunghyun simply stared ahead, his mind getting heavier and heavier his thoughts crushing him more and more.

“What are you thinking right now, D-Dae...?” He whispered softly, trying to control his shaky voice, waiting a few seconds before wrapping an arm around the unmoving blond-haired man, clutching his hand tightly.

CHAPTER FORTY-FOUR - END 

A/N: next chapter is bonus chapter. (meaning that it'll be uploaded few minutes after!!!)

I spent about half an hour staring at that picture of tabi because wHY IS HE SO GODDAMN PERFECT?!1

I'm getting worser and worser at posting chapter cover pictures. ._.