Search

Love is Pain

 

Seunghyun ran and ran, trying to find Daesung, but him being faster, had disappeared who-knows where. He walked quickly back to the house, furious at Seungri.

As soon as he walked through the front door, he grabbed Seungri by the collar and held him against the wall, tears b in his eyes. Wiping them away, he clenched his free fist, trying to stop the shaking.

“WHAT THE DID YOU DO?! WHY?! DO YOU ING HAVE ANY IDEA OF WHAT KIND OF PERSON DAESUNG IS?!” Seunghyun raged.

“WHAT WILL YOU DO IF HE KILLS HIMSELF?! WHA-... Wha-.. What.. w-will you.. d-do....” Seunghyun broke down, dropping Seungri to the floor as well as himself, the thought of Daesung killing himself breaking his heart into a million small pieces.

Everyone knew what Daesung would probably attempt.

Seunghyun screamed into his hand, eyes blurred by his tears. He punched The wall, making a small dent in it, then collapsed on the floor, sobbing.

Jiyong pulled Seunghyun into a hug, crying like Seunghyun, but not as much as him. Seunghyun couldn’t hug back.

“W-We need to call him..” Youngbae suggested, his voice breaking. He got out his phone and speed-dialled Daesung’s number.

Youngbae noticed Daesung’s phone vibrating on the floor, making the default ringing sound. He cried and slowly picked it up. There was an unread message from an unknown number on there. Youngbae opened it and read it, weirdly wondering if it was Daesung.

From: Unknown

Where are you going, Daesung?

Everyone’s laughing at you.

To: Kang Daesung

Youngbae stifled a gasp. The knowledge that someone knew this’d happened, was probably watching, caused uneasiness in his heart. And thinking back to the wine...

He slipped the phone into his pocket discretely and turned to face the three. “Let’s go and find him. He can’t have gone far even if you’ve already searched for him. He can’t have.”

Seunghyun nodded and stood up, whimpering. He stumbled over to Youngbae, who wrapped his arms around his waist in a comforting manner. “Seungri, you and Jiyong stay here.” He ordered, Seunghyun’s back. He didn’t know what’d happen if Seungri came along with them...

--

They walked along every single path they could think of, Youngbae’s arm wrapped securely around Seunghyun’s waist to stop him from falling.

“Hey, Seunghyun...”

“W-What?”

“There’s something I think you should see.”

“What is it? Is it Daesung?!?”

“No. This.”

Youngbae pulled out Daesung’s phone.

“Look at the messages he’s received.”

Seunghyun scrolled through each text from that unknown number. His eyes widened and his face paled. He stopped walking. “Is this why..?” He asked, stammering.

“Yeah. I guess that this is why he ‘hated’ me. Because he really didn’t want that picture to go viral.”

Seunghyun couldn’t hold back a soft sob, as he thought of how painful doing this must’ve been for Daesung.

“S-So.. the whole thing that just happened was basically because of these bastards who did this to me too, and tried to do it to you aswell..”

“Yeah. Seunghyun, this is how much he cares about us. He got himself into all this danger so we wouldn’t.”

“If I see them... I’m going to ing murder them.”

He passed back the phone to Youngbae, who put it in his pocket.

“I’m 99% sure that they have candid cameras in our house, though. So, don’t tell anyone else inside the house. We’ll go out for dinner, if that’s okay.”

“Mhm.”

They walked together, not making any conversation, shouting out Daesung’s name often.

-----

3 hours had passed, and there was still no sign of him.

They’d ended up in a forest, and were looking around it, wondering if he was in there.

Youngbae looked to his right, and his heart almost stopped.

He turned and put a shaking hand over his mouth.

Seunghyun noticed Youngbae had stopped walking and lit up, only to deflame when he saw it wasn’t a happy expression that Youngbae bore. Reluctantly, he looked at the place where Youngbae was looking.

And almost fainted.

They slowly walked over, crouching down and bursting into tears.

Daesung’s clothes were there.

His white hoodie staining a hand-sized blood patch.

But Daesung was nowhere to be seen.

Youngbae started to scream.

Seunghyun couldn’t even move. He looked at the clothes, and the bloodstain. He drew in a shaky breath, almost collapsing to his knees; his throat turning to sandpaper and his head pounding.

They both were wondering the exact same question.

Was he alive?

Half an hour later, the police had arrived, and were investigating the scene. Youngbae held a crying Seunghyun in his arms, petting his hair and trying his hardest to comfort the usually strong boy, while crying endlessly himself.

A police officer walked up to them.

“Hello. The blood’s recent, and we’ll send it to have a DNA test; after all, it could be  someone else’s blood. His clothes are being sent for analysis, too. If that blood stain is his, then he’s either dead, or.. Almost there.” He broke the news, trying not to make the men cry even more, but failing to do a good job at it.

A much younger man excused the police officer. “Hey, sorry about that. Um, I’m Jung Jae Shin, a detective. I can help you find Daesung, if you want,” He started politely, bowing to them.

Seunghyun looked at him. “I kn-know you from somewhere..” He slowly stated.

The detective nodded. “Mhm! Choi Seunghyun! We were friends as children.”

Seunghyun nodded softly.

“Please help us find Daesung...” Youngbae whispered to him.

Jae Shin nodded. “Of course. We will need to find him soon, however. This looks like some kind of kidnapping, to me. Oh, can I quickly ask, does Daesung have anyone that hates him? I know about the whole gay thing, but fans can’t track down someone’s house and kidnap them... At least, I don’t think so. Anyway, does he?”

Youngbae nodded and handed him the phone.

“I found these texts. He left his phone behind.”

Jae Shin nodded. “I’ll take the phone and read them later. Cheer up, Seunghyun, we’ll find him soon, I promise.” Jae Shin rubbed Seunghyun’s shoulder. “He sounds like a good friend.”

“He was my best friend...” Seunghyun mumbled. He couldn’t bring himself to say boyfriend, as at the current moment, he was a terrible one. For never finding out about those texts. For not making Daesung happy enough.

Jae Shin nodded apathetically.

“Hey, you two should go home. I have my card here, take a few. Can I have your contact number please?”

Youngbae accepted the cards and placed them in his pocket. He told Jae Shin his mobile and Seunghyun’s. Jae Shin scribbled it down, then bowed.

“We’ll be leaving first, then.” Youngbae said solemnly, bowing his thanks and turning around, arm around Seunghyun who couldn’t even say bye, had just bowed and allowed himself to be turned and walked away.

Arriving home, Youngbae sat on the couch, whereas Seunghyun walked into Daesung’s room slamming the door, too tired to see anyone.

Seungri stood up, walking cautiously over to Youngbae, whose hand was on his heart, and he was staring at a wall, his eyes swimming with tears and his lower lip trembling. Daesung had really killed himself? He sat next to the crying man, grabbing his shoulders and pulling him into a gentle soft hug.

Youngbae exhaled, resting his head on Seungri’s shoulder.

“We can’t find him.” Was what Youngbae uttered, trying not to stammer his voice.

Seungri looked dejectedly at Youngbae. At least for the moment they had some kind of hope. He his hands through Youngbae’s hair, wanting to cheer the other up. He decided to change the subject. “We have the interview,” he spoke softly. “Jiyong’ll go with you.” He wanted to talk to Seunghyun desperately; alone.

Seunghyun punched the wall, then fell to the floor, shaking, his eyes squeezed tightly shut and his breathing laboured, trying his best not to cry. He slowly walked up to the bed he’d been sleeping in with Daesung, taking in a sharp breath, and sitting on the bed.

His hands trembled slightly as he reached for Daesung’s pillow.

He held the pillow to his chest, rubbing the side not facing him, imagining it was Daesung’s back. It smelt like vanilla and cinnamon. The smell intoxicated him, temporarily numbing his emotions.

Soon after, however, the sadness crushed him like a rock. He burst into never-ending tears, craving Daesung’s warmth, his voice, his smile..

He couldn’t be gone.

This was all a dream, wasn’t it?

It was a horrible nightmare and he was going to wake up.

Everything was just fine, this was all just a horrible nightmare.

A horrible nightmare.

Seunghyun wanted to sleep. He wasted no time in burying himself under the covers, hands wrapping around himself tightly; trying to imagine it was Daesung who hugged him, Daesung’ s actual smell Seunghyun smelt, and not his pillow, that the tears he cried out were being wiped by him.

“Daesung.. Wh-where are you..?”

CHAPTER 32 – END

A/N: Wow I didn't post for a day sorry I spent that day finding a picture. lmao. T__T