Task One

Love is Pain

 

Daesung woke up, onto something that smelt like vanilla and lavender.

That kind of girly smell that only one man could pull off.

Something he could only guess as Seunghyun’s chest.

His head was moving along with the rhythm of Seunghyun’s steady breathing. Daesung smiled at his boyfriend. He still couldn’t believe that that had actually happened yesterday. He sighed and looked down at his vibrating phone. He should read some texts...

He got onto the mattress that lay on the floor, where Seungri once slept, and skimmed through some texts he’d received. Luckily, most of them were supportive messages.

He saw he had one from another anonymous number. Beginning to feel uneasy, he pressed open.

From: Unknown

First thing you need to do, to save me from publishing that picture of Youngbae’s and Seungri’s shower session, is to hate Youngbae. Tell him you hate him. Then I’ll tell you the next thing. If you fail, I’ll also publish that picture I took of you and Seunghyun’s “makeout” session. Understood?

To: Kang Daesung

Daesung paled quickly. Was this really going to happen if he didn’t?

He looked to the blinds on the window. Open.

Cursing, Daesung held a hand to his forehead.

He then heard Seunghyun yawning from the bed.

Daesung stood up, walking over to his dressing-gown, putting it on while dropping his phone in the pocket.

“Dae, what’re you doing over there? C’mere...” A sleepy voice groaned.

Daesung walked over to the owner of that voice, and gave a shy kiss. “I’m hungry,” He stated, getting back up to walk out, shutting the door behind him.

Seunghyun sighed. Daesung was truly unpredictable. He yawned. He was quite hungry too, come to think of it. He walked out, tucking his chilled hands into the pockets of his hooded sweatshirt.

Daesung sat on a chair, sipping water. He’d noticed that Jiyong was sleeping on the couch, quite peacefully.

He pondered over the texts. He wasn’t going to tell anyone. He’d never risk the chance. But.. What if Seunghyun hated him for it? He did say that Daesung had to tell him everything..

The man himself walked through not so much long later.

Draping a long arm around Daesung, Seunghyun gave a lazy kiss onto Daesung’s cheek and got out some leftover Doenjang soup and rice from the fridge, reheating it then giving it to him and Daesung. Forcing a smile, Daesung kissed back.

They ate in silence, gazing at each other.

A door opened, and Youngbae and Seungri walked out, holding hands, looking extremely tired.

Daesung immediately looked down. He couldn’t bear to look at Youngbae. Not now.

Seunghyun got up and walked over to them. “Morning! You guys look like ..” He added, stating brutal truth.

Seungri laughed weakly. “Mm. We talked about things.”

Lifting his left eyebrow leaked Seunghyun’s question. “’Bout what?”

“Secrets!” Seungri smiled. He then noticed Youngbae staring over at Daesung, who’s head was down, turning away to put an apple core in the bin. Jiyong walked over, noticing all the noise, happy to see all three together.

“Um.. Seunghyun.. What did..” Youngbae whispered. Seunghyun followed Youngbae’s gaze to Daesung, who hovering by the sink, 'washing out' his cup of water, shaking slightly. No one could see that  though.

Seunghyun laughed. “Daesung still likes you! He told me yesterday, didn’t he? Hey, Daesung!”

Daesung grimaced. This was the moment. He just hoped someone was watching him do this. How painful this would be. “I....” He started. He coulsn’t say it. He could, but it was so difficult. This was his best friend.

Sighing, he tried again. “No. I hate you.”

His voice quivered as he spoke, and the words sliced the air like a knife, leaving a brutally cold tension in the air. Feeling his eyes tearing up, Daesung walked to his room and shut the door, leaking tears everywhere, ashamed of himself. His text message tone immediately sounded as he shut the door. He pulled it out and stared at the message.

From: Unknown

Well done.

To: Kang Daesung.

He burst into tears.

He’d probably broken the heart of his best friend, and everyone was probably wondering what was going on. He needed to go somewhere. Not now, but soon. He held his phone to his face.

“I hate you ihateyouihateyou...” He mumbled incoherently at the device, wanting to destroy the object, or at least time-warp to some faraway place.

“But you want to save them, don’t you?” A voice whispered from afar. Daesung looked up, and in shock, he saw a dark figure by the window. It was open fully, something no one could ever attempt to do with another person, let alone themselves.

The figure chuckled and took a step forward. “You don’t want Bigbang to become extinct, do you? A band that got kicked off the music ladder and ridiculed by the world because of those four gay members? If you do, then... You shouldn’t hate me, should you?””

“But you’re the one that started this!” Daesung almost screeched.

The figure laughed loudly. “You’re too loud, Daesung. Nothing happened. Got it?”

Then a loud noise. Daesung was on the floor and the figure had vanished as the door opened.

Seunghyun had heard talking. He’d heard Daesung’s yell. A laugh.

So had everyone else.

Clutching his face, Daesung cried out in pain. He’d been pretty sure that man had been wearing some spiky rings, too..

Daesung!!!” Seunghyun raged, picking Daesung up, not seeing the blood-stained face. “WHO WERE YOU TALKING TO?!” He shouted, shaking him. It wasn’t out of anger. Seunghyun was worried. As he didn’t reply, Seunghyun flipped him up, noticing blood leaking from open wounds. “D-Dae...” He looked at the injured man, and held him close.

“It was nothing...” Daesung stressed, ripping himself out of the firm grasp miraculously, racing to the bathroom to get towels.

Seunghyun crouched there. Jiyong, Seungri and Youngbae walked in, and helped him shut the window.

“Do you think he really hates me, or..?” Youngbae questioned slowly, happy and sad at the same time.

Jiyong shook his head. “We need to find out what’s going on though, before someone tries to make him do something worse.”

“I’ll go cheer him up,” Seunghyun stated, walking out. He sighed to himself. Opening the bathroom door seeing Daesung sticking plasters from the medicinal draw gave him at least some hope. He hugged Daesung from behind, nuzzling in his neck.

“I’d still love you,” He whispered into his ear, hoping it’d give his boyfriend some strength. Then he turned and sat on the toilet seat, staring at Daesung, who had paused and turned around. “Thanks,” The shaky reply came.

He suddenly quickly walked out, feeling a vibration coming from his pocket.

From: Unknown

You hate Youngbae, remember. Don’t ever forget that.

Tomorrow, I’ll send you another task. Be prepared.

To: Kang Daesung

Groaning softly, Daesung put the item away. He needed to get away. Maybe, if he went somewhere, they’d stop this.

“Ji-.. Jiyong?” He called out anxiously, sitting on the couch, so his legs would stop shaking.

Jiyong walked through, and he didn’t hate Daesung, but was almost pissed off at him. He sat next to Daesung, raising an eyebrow.

“Can we go to town together?”

Jiyong nodded solemnly. He didn’t know why, but maybe it’d do Daesung some good to be outside.

---

They parked in some car park near town an hour later, and walked out.

“Let’s go to the market and buy some more rice. Think we’re running out.” Jiyong grumbled, as it was freezing outside.

Daesung nodded, feeling uneasy. This was a plan that he could only pull off if he was smart enough to know how to do it. He was most likely going to fail, but.. It was worth a shot, wasn’t it?

He moistened his lips as he walked with Jiyong.

As they entered the supermarkets, Daesung grimaced, heart racing.

5...

4...

“Dae, let’s get some peppers, too.”

3...

2...

“Come to think of it, wow, we need a lot. Re-heated foods aren’t really my thing..”

1...

As Jiyong’s back was turned, Daesung dashed out the super-market onto the streets. Onto the pavement, pushing past people.

Running forever.

CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE – END

A/N: Daesung... Where are you going?! Find out in the next chapter >.<

and I'm using my own shopping list in this fml. however in this fic they have plenty of kimchi *cries*

this is Doenjang soup :)