Friend

Love is Pain

Shutting the door behind him, Youngbae slowly looked over to Seunghyun, whose back was facing him, and he was hunched over, looking out the window, his back quivering from time to time. Sighing, he walked over, pulled down the blind, and sat next to Seunghyun, placing an arm around his shoulders. He looked out the window too, and they were silent for a few minutes.

“Do you think... I’ll have to keep holding back.. fo-forever?” Seunghyun suddenly asked. Youngbae looked over and saw his eyes filled with tears he was so desperately trying to hold back. Rubbing his back, Youngbae shook his head. “No. He just needs time to recover. He wants to kiss you I’m sure, but he’s probably reminded of that Lee Soon every time he thinks about it.” Youngbae replied, earning a soft nod.

“Right.” Seunghyun took a deep sigh and wiped his tears away. “What am I even crying about...” He mumbled to himself, both men knowing the answer but keeping it hidden. Youngbae noticed the couple ring, and after hearing tiny bits and pieces of the conversation they’d had, smiled and pointed to it, acting as if it was new information. Seunghyun hadn’t told them about the couple rings yet. “What’s this? It looks pretty.”

Seunghyun sighed, and smiled gently. “Couple ring. I got it for me and Dae.” He replied. Youngbae let out an ‘ah’, taking Seunghyun’s hand in his and admiring the item.

“It’s nice. You know, I might get Seungri one. You think?” He asked, running a finger over the ring. Seunghyun nodded. “You should! They’re nice. And also I can see you becoming old together, so you’d have to get one that wouldn’t rust or snap.”

Youngbae laughed and punched Seunghyun’s shoulder lightly. “Hey, what’re you saying? Youngbae never ages!!” He exclaimed, trying to put a real smile on Seunghyun’s face. It half worked. “You may not age, but Seungri will! What will you do then?” He questioned, chuckling slightly.

“Seungri won’t age either! He’s forever the maknae!” Youngbae let out, waving his hand in the air. Seunghyun didn’t respond and stared out the window again, sighing.

“What’s up now?” Youngbae asked. He was careful not to stress the ‘now’, as that would’ve sounded curt. Seunghyun just shook his head, looking away and instead at his hands.

“You think Lee Soon will return?” He asked, sounding so soft and sad that Youngbae looked at him twice to check that that was the same person that had been 1 minute ago.

“I have no idea. But when he does; we’ll do whatever the hell we can to make sure he stays away from us.” Youngbae responded, placing an arm around Seunghyun’s shoulders once again. Seunghyun inhaled sharply. “But why... Why the was it Daesung? Why not me?” He pined. If it was Seunghyun instead of Daesung, then Daesung wouldn’t be like he was now.

He never got an answer.

“GUYS!!! COME HERE AND EAT NOW BEFORE IT GETS COLD!!” Seungri yelled, and Youngbae swore it almost shook the apartment. Sighing, he lingered his gaze over Seunghyun, trying to wipe more tears from his eyes. “I’ll bring it to you.” He voiced, rubbing Seunghyun’s shoulder for one final time before walking out, shutting the door softly behind him.

“Thanks, Bae...” Seunghyun whispered. No one was there to hear him, but he smiled thankfully, and then groaned softly; pressing the balls of his hand into his eyes. He knew everyone would question him later, but for now he felt like he needed a small bit of peace. Daesung would probably get the wrong intentions, but Seunghyun wasn’t the slightest mad at him.

Playing with his couple ring, he heard the door open and Youngbae walk in, balancing a plate stuffed full with food on one hand. Walking like it was an egg and spoon race, Youngbae slowly handed it to Seunghyun. “I got some looks, but I reassured Daesung that you’re not mad. So, here you go.” He smiled and Seunghyun returned it gratefully. Ruffling Seunghyun’s hair, Youngbae didn’t wait for a thank you, returning to the dinner table to eat with the others.

Seunghyun sighed. He could hear Seungri’s crazy laugh, and then a soft giggle from Daesung. At least he was happier now.

He realised he had no cutlery, but didn’t feel like moving from his spot, so picked up some of the omelette and ripped it, then rolled it and fit it into his mouth. He could barely chew, but no one was there to watch him, so manners weren’t the main thing on his mind.

After finishing the omelette in what was probably the quickest time in the whole entire world, Seunghyun put the plate on the side. He was probably going to get indigestion, but he didn’t mind. He was far too hungry to care.

Looking at his greasy hands, he grimaced and stood up. He walked over to the door, using his foot to open the handle. He wasn’t a flexible man, so it hurt the inside of his thigh slightly, but he managed to open it silently. Daesung and Jiyong’s backs were facing him, and Seunghyun let out a quiet sigh of relief. He would talk to Daesung when it was time to sleep. Youngbae however, noticed Seunghyun and smiled even more than he was, before focusing on his food again.

Opening the bathroom door with his foot, Seunghyun scrambled into it. He the tap and scrubbed his hands clean, using soap for extra cleanliness. He looked into the mirror and made a face, contorting it. He needed a shower. He hadn’t for two days and it was beginning to take its toll on him. He noticed the blinds were open, and went to close them. Then, he took a towel from the radiator and dropped it onto the floor next to the shower.

Stripping himself of his clothes, he turned to face the shower. Then looked at the bath. He could do with a treat. He covered himself with a bathrobe before turning on the water, checking it was the right temperature and adding a hefty amount of bubble bath, before sitting on the toilet seat, sighing. After all these years he was still ashamed of his body. He hated to look at it; and so therefore made his face one of his most important parts of his life. If people were more attracted to his face, they’d look away from his body, right?

He sat and waited for the bath water to fill up.  When he decided it was enough, he looked at the bubbles almost falling out the bath. He got into the bath, and his body was immediately submerged. It was a lot better than the shower, and seeing excessive amounts of skin when he bent down to pick up shampoo. He also had things about his body that he’d prefer to keep a secret. He dipped his head under, holding his breath. That was another one of his favourite things about baths. It was something weird to like, but it somehow relaxed him. He stayed under for at least a minute, coming back up panting for air when he ran out of it. Then he went back under and repeated the same process. He chuckled mentally and rubbed shampoo into his hair. It smelt really nice.. He had to use this shampoo more often.

He looked at the shampoo bottle. Oh, it was Daesung’s. Smiling, Seunghyun rubbed it into his hair, relaxing into the smell. After rubbing it an excessive amount of times, he leant back to wash it out. He leant back up, feeling the smell waft into his nostrils.

He opened his eye and reached for the conditioner, but letting out a loud screech when he saw a spider covering the lid. He grabbed the bottle and hurled it out the bath, it crashing on the floor and the spider scuttling away in shock.

Relaxing his pounding heart, Seunghyun let out a relieved breath. He submerged himself into the water once more and let his hand rest over the side.

He thought he could hear footsteps. He didn’t really care, anyway.

A few seconds later, he was grabbed by two strong arms and lifted out the water and dropped onto the floor.

In shock of his body being seen, Seunghyun screeched again, reaching for the towel by the shower, covering his body with it. He looked up to see Youngbae’s face planted in fear, and the others standing in the doorway.

Admist all the shock, he suddenly felt his heart drop. They’d seen his body. His eyes began to swell up and he attempted to cover more of himself with the towel. Youngbae let out a relieved sigh, only stopping when he saw a sly tear come from Seunghyun’s eye. “Are you okay?” Youngbae questioned, concerned for him.

Seunghyun almost scoffed. “Of course not! You’ve.. You’ve..” He couldn’t bring himself to remind them about seeing his body. Youngbae seemed to catch on, because he groaned to himself and fetched another towel. “No, we didn’t see your body, don’t worry, I promise!” He rushed, wiping the floor with the towel in his hands.

Seunghyun scoffed. “Of course you didn’t.” He looked to the bath again. He reminded himself not to take baths ever again with others around. “What did you even come here for?” He asked.

“Well, we heard a scream and a crash, and ran in. You were in the bath water and well... We thought..” Youngbae grimaced, mentally rebuking himself.

“I am fine. There was just a spider. Now please go away.” Seunghyun curtly replied. He didn’t mean to be so rude, but he was still half in shock and wanted to have the rest of his bath in peace. Youngbae understood that and nodded, walking away, shutting the door and mumbling something incoherent to the others.

Seunghyun sighed. Another tear fell out his eye. “Haven’t I cried enough?” He thought to himself, wiping the tear away. When did he become such a baby?

He removed the towel and picked up the conditioner, sitting in the bath and finally using it.

AN: seriously.. Seungri’s laugh is crazy... Tobae bromancing forever yeyeye! Oh, and btw, could you answer my poll? ^_^ thank you!