Burnt

Love is Pain

“Eug-.. W-What h-happened..”

Jiyong slowly opened his eyes; the light too bright for him, so shut them again tightly. He opened them once again when it died down a bit. Yawning, he sat up on his elbows. He was in a white bed.

Strange.

He looked around. Last thing he remembered was being in the YG office... then suddenly passing out. Well, at least Jiyong assumed he’d passed out. Unless he could teleport, then he’d well... passed out, he concluded to himself. He was in a hospital now, and it smelt strongly of cleaning solution.  He didn’t realise Seunghyun’s presence until their gazes locked into each other. Immediately he was bombarded with questions. As to be expected of Seunghyun.

“A-Are you okay? You passed out and I-... Wha-.. Uh.. It’s your arm... Was that...? I mean-.. You okay?”

Jiyong collapsed onto the bed, and raised his arm to his head. His heart was pumping - even though as he’d already sat up on his elbows. It wasn’t like his arm was missing, but even so...

He sighed with relief, as all he saw was a bandage wrapped around his forearm. “Hey, that’s where-...” He let out another yawn as he remembered that scratch he’d gotten and how it could correspond with the bandage.

“T-That’s where what?” Seunghyun asked frantically. “I mean you had that gash and they-..” He stumbled over his words, rushing them out like a train on full speed, so fast Jiyong almost couldn’t catch up with it.

“Well, I got scratched on a tree. Did it get severely infected or something?” Jiyong had a casual indifferent tone to his voice, and he tried to peel back the bandage to see what lay behind it; only to be stopped by Seunghyun swatting his hand away.

“Ji.. It was poisoned.” Seunghyun mumbled after a few moments, sighing.

Jiyong’s eyes widened. He slowly pointed to the bandage with a finger, and his lower lip began to tremble. “S-So.. Do you think..?” His insides began to churn. He hadn’t exactly looked at that gash, nor had he tended to it in any way... And after that text he’d received... “You think it was... Lee Soon?” He had a hard time processing these thoughts rushing through his head, but he had a small grasp.

“Most likely.” Seunghyun sighed and ran a hand through his hair. “When are we going to get rid of this ing freak?”

Jiyong shrugged. “When we next see him, I promise it won’t end up well for him.” He looked around the room once more. “So, uh.. Can I go?” He asked. He wanted to get home, maybe call Dara too.

“Yeah, I mean they just put you here to rest and-... Yeah, I guess so. Uh, Ji, I think it’d be better if we keep this a secret from the others. Frankly, I don’t think we should give the others any more troubles than they’ve got already.” Seunghyun said, Jiyong nodding in response.

“Sure, I wasn’t planning on telling them anyway.” Jiyong scratched an itchy spot on his lower lip and straightened up slightly. He yawned a third time and stood up shakily. When he’d regained his  balance, he turned to face Seunghyun. He smiled. “Let’s go.”

---

“Why was I in the hospital for that anyway? I mean it wasn’t life-threatening or a doctor would’ve at least been there...”

Jiyong had kept complaining the whole way back. Seunghyun had answered them as well as he could. Seunghyun had called a van and now he was lying on two seats, much to the annoyance of Jiyong, who apparently had to be right next to him to know more of what happened and other subjects related.

Seunghyun eventually fell asleep – only to be re-awoken by Jiyong again, tapping him on the shoulder furiously. “Hey! I was talking to you! Can I pick the outfit first this time?” Seunghyun only sighed and listened to more questions. He’d ran out of ones to say Jiyong as they’d gotten into the van, and now it was Jiyong’s turn.

---

“Seungri, they’re burnt now! I thought you were meant to be the housewife of this family!” Youngbae whined in annoyance. Him, Seungri and Daesung had made cookies for no reason, and they’d just pulled the product out the oven – but thanks to Seungri rambling on too long and mishearing the timer, they’d been painted a questionable shade of brown.

Seungri picked one out, almost dropping it due to the heat that scorched his fingers, but then placed it onto the counter. “We can do this!” He got out a knife and began scraping the top.

“But that looks so weird... And we have no time to do that to all the rest!” Youngbae waved his arms in the air to emphasize his annoyance further.

Maknae... I was looking forward to them! I’m sooo hungry...” Daesung added to Youngbae’s complaints teasingly, clutching his stomach and leaning onto Youngbae, who grinned and dramatically held a hand to his head. “We’re going to starve!”

Seungri shook his head furtively. “Of course we’re not!! They’re fine, see!” He shoved one into his mouth and chewed.

Crunch.

Seungri grimaced. “Eugh... You’re right..” He crouched to the bin and spat it out, wiping his lips and walking over to the cupboard, getting out a full packet of biscuits. “Oh well, we could always have these...”

Seungri!!” Youngbae yelled in annoyance. “You mean to say you had all of those stored in the cupboard! We didn’t even need to make biscuits!” He pouted and took the packet he was opening out his hands. He grabbed Daesung’s hand with his free one and walked over to the couch. “We’ll be here, filling our stomachs if you need us.”

Seungri laughed. “Hey! I wanted some too!” He ran over and sat on Youngbae’s lap, regaining crown of the biscuits, and tossing a couple over to Daesung.

Youngbae just smiled, taking some out for himself and eating them almost instantaneously. “Ah, so much better..” He cooed, his emptied stomach filling up with sweetness.

Daesung grinned his Cheshire smile and took another bite of his own.

A scuffling noise from the door sounded and all three turned their heads to the door opening; and a tired looking Seunghyun holding Jiyong – who was still ranting on about god knows what walked through. “Just go to bed or something. I’m tired.” Seunghyun mumbled.

Jiyong sighed and sat on the floor by Youngbae. He grinned at them all, and looked at the packet of biscuits. With no explanation, he took a few and crammed them into his mouth. “Hey, what’s that?” Seungri asked, gesturing towards the bandage.

Jiyong shrugged. “Tree scratched me.” He managed to say, a few crumbs falling out his mouth and into his lap.

Seungri furrowed his eyebrows. “What the hell, that shouldn’t need a bandage. Wait... then why-“

“It was a bad cut, Panda.” Seunghyun stated somewhere behind them. He walked into view and sat in-between Daesung’s legs, who smiled and played with his hair. Seungri nodded and yawned. “Ah,” Seunghyun started, remembering that he’d tell the members. “We have a concert coming up.” He looked at the others surprised expressions. He couldn’t see Daesung’s, but guessed it wasn’t positive. “It’s not huge, just a small gig. Anyway, Daesung, we’ll need you to be a back-up dancer or something. Just so we can see you. No one will look at you, of course, as you can have a mask on. Is that okay?” He tilted his head back to meet his eyes with Daesung’s.

“Sure, it sounds okay.” Daesung responded, twiddling a piece of Seunghyun’s smooth hair in his fingers. He nodded to confirm it. If he was just a backup dancer – even with a mask on, no one would really pay that much attention to him, as their attention would be more focused on Bigbang. Even though he was a part of Bigbang, he wasn’t the one they’d be looking at. Well, not like the fans paid that much attention to him, anyway.

Seunghyun smiled. “Thank you.” He then tilted his head forwards again. A biscuit was tossed his way, and he just about caught it with his hands. “Ji, at least warn me before you do that.” Jiyong for some reason just loved throwing things at him. It was more of a ‘backstage habit’ as the others described it, but nevertheless, it still annoyed Seunghyun. Not as much as other habits Jiyong had, but they weren’t important at that moment.

“Come on, let’s do something together. It’s been ages since we have!” Seungri spoke up. He nudged Youngbae’s shoulder in an attempt for the other to agree with him, or at least give ideas.

It half worked.

“Yeah, okay..” Youngbae mumbled, playing with his fingers. Seungri sighed, but then remembered something else and softly nudged Daesung, who looked back in confusion. Raising an eyebrow once as the signal they’d decided on, Daesung then caught on and nodded his head.

They’d discussed how to make Seunghyun feel better about himself. It sounded like one of those conversations that teenage girls would have at sleepovers – but nevertheless Daesung knew he had to repay Seunghyun. He had to thank Seunghyun. Because of him, Daesung had been able to feel good about himself. And he had a few words to remember that Seunghyun had told him. “I love you” Had been those words. It made him smile and his stomach float, and he wanted to repay Seunghyun for that.

Seungri and Daesung had sat on the dining table and talked about how they could help out with Seunghyun. Youngbae had sat on the other end of the table looking at hairstyles he could try out on his phone, and uploading an old picture of him and Jiyong onto Instagram, and he’d butted in with Seungri’s ridiculous ideas with a blunt reminder of how in reality, all his ideas would fail. Or at least burn/flood/mess the house. But then Daesung had come up with a good idea. Seungri expanded it and made it better. Youngbae filled in the small bits they’d missed out on. Then it was almost perfect. It’d only turn out perfect if it worked. But yet, it was an idea that Daesung was incredibly willing to try, and incredibly terrified of. Another gap they’d yet to fill was if Daesung got a flashback and how it could be prevented. Daesung assured them Seunghyun could take care of it, but they didn’t look convinced. Making Daesung sigh and tell them a story of when he’d in fact had saved Daesung.

 Daesung slowly stood up, heart speed increasing at the thought. He moved Seunghyun’s head out of his legs, and stepped to one side of him, holding a hand just in front of Seunghyun’s face, wiggling his fingers to signal he should grab onto them.

Seunghyun obliged and took Daesung’s hand in his. “You okay?” He asked, confused at the sudden behaviour. Well, he was slightly getting used to it. They hadn’t said anything to set him off, or had he...?

Daesung; without a word, pulled him to their room, and shut the door softly, raising his eyebrows and blinking frantically at Seungri, who nodded back and pulled out his phone, sending a drafted text to the van service. “Hey guys, let’s go and get some ice-cream! We ran out, remember...?” He winked at Youngbae subtly, who stood up, pulling Jiyong with him. “Yep, let’s go!” He said, walking to the door.

Unfortunately for them, Jiyong had seen all the winks and nods and blinks. He put on shoes tossed over from Youngbae at him, and followed him out the door – swiftly followed by Seungri, who smiled at Jiyong’s clueless expression. “W-What’s going on..?” He asked cautiously.

Seungri laughed. “Making Seunghyun happy.”

Jiyong raised an eyebrow. “And how is that...?” He raised the other one when he seemed to catch on with what that sentence could possibly mean. “Wait. You mean they’re gonna have se-“

“No! Stop thinking so dirty-minded!” Seungri teased playfully, causing Youngbae to laugh. “We thought we should make Seunghyun happier!” He continued, almost singing as they sat down and waited for the van to arrive.

Jiyong sighed at their strange logic. “So, you mean to say after all Dae’s gone through you all think about Seunghyun’s happiness? What the , guys...” Jiyong shook his head.

“Well, a happier Seunghyun makes a happier Dae, right?” Youngbae chimed in.

“Hey, that rhymes!” Seungri enthused.

Laughing, Youngbae placed a hand on the others.

Jiyong sighed again and watched the black vehicle approach. “Well, it’s here, anyway.”

They got into the van and it set off down the road that the amusement park was located. However, they weren’t going to the amusement park, much to Seungri’s sadness. Instead, they were just going to go to an ice-cream shop and actually buy ice-cream. They had sunglasses, hats, scarves, everything in each van so they came prepared.

Seungri smiled and leant backwards into Youngbae’s chest. It was a strange position – but comfortable all the same. “They’re gonna have so much fun...” He whispered to himself, thinking of Seunghyun and Daesung. He laughed to himself at how weird that sounded. Then again, it depended on the outcome. If it ended well, maybe something would ‘happen’. But there was also the huge possibility it’d all fail. No one had pointed out it had a bigger chance of failing.

But then again, every opportunity in life is worth at least one try, isn’t it?

CHAPTER FIFTY-FOUR - END

A/N: it pains me to say this may be put on hold for a few days as I'm busy and also I haven't written many future chapters.. //it's because i'm making them too damn long.. lmfao but yeah. T_T. But then again, this is a may. MAY. But next chapter will be posted tomorrow because valentines, and also, you'll like it. :P lol anyway,  you see top&daesung weren't at the award show? Is it because Seunghyun wants to spend valentines with daesung in japan LOL i think so. *nods but aigooo it was so great!!

ALSO. I'm actually writing another todae fic! so I'm in the middle of writing two lmfao. or would it be three? well, uh... please answer this questionnaire! thank you ^_^