Arrangements, Theories..

Love is Pain

 

Slowly, they all gathered in the kitchen. Jiyong, along the way had picked up the three huge tubs of ice-cream that he and Seungri had bought.

“Right,” Jiyong rubbed his hands together. “Who’s up for an ice-cream party!” He wanted to cheer everyone up, so tried to set the atmosphere up for it. Seungri squealed and jumped around. “I’VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS!!” He grabbed the mint ice cream tub, holding it close. “You’re all mine now..” He grinned evilly. Jiyong laughed and shook his head, putting his arm around the maknae. “You’re crazy...” Seungri shrugged at that comment, put the ice-cream tub behind him and went to get 5 spoons for them. He suddenly sighed.

Seunghyun was at the hospital...

He put a spoon back, his smile gone from his face. Youngbae noticed this, and wrapped his arms around Seungri from behind, in what seemed to be a comforting manner. Seungri turned around so it looked like they were having some intimate cuddle. Seungri always liked making others happy, so shrugged off the comforting hug, laughing.

It was 4pm, and they were all sitting on the kitchen tabletop eating ice-cream. Youngbae held a spoon in his mouth. Sugary snacks were supposed to make you feel better, not bottomless in thought. He was thinking about what he’d seen, and what the nurse had told him. Frowning, he tried to put it together. It just didn’t make any sense. He scooped up a small spoon of cherry ice cream, his and Daesung’s favourite flavour. He’d been previously taking some of Seungri’s favourite flavour to annoy him.

“What’s everyone doing tomorrow?” Jiyong asked casually, scooping some seaweed ice-cream into his mouth, swinging his legs back and forth. “I dunno. I wanna visit Seunghyun.” Daesung answered immediately. Jiyong nodded and then turned to Seungri. “What about you, Panda?” Seungri groaned and buried his head into his hands. “I have a god-damn interview with Seunghyun. Out of all the dates they could’ve picked, it had to be the day after he gets himself into hospital?” Youngbae looked at him. He could use a place to go.

“I’ll go with you,” he suggested. “Thanks Bae,” Seungri replied. “Shall we tell them about Seunghyun? Obviously they’re going to question why you’re there instead of him, aren’t they?” Everyone nodded. Jiyong gave it a few seconds thought.

“Just tell them he's not feeling very well. If they ask for any details, don’t give any. We don’t want them knowing he’s in hospital or anything. If everyone knows he’s in a hospital, we won’t escape them.” He contemplated. Youngbae nodded at his idea. “in addition,  we could ask the fans to send get well soon cards to our PO BOX. You know how Seunghyun likes his get-well-soon gifts, and it would cheer him up a bit. It makes it sounds like he just has a simple cold, making the fans not worry as much.”

Daesung smiled softly to himself. He wanted to be the first person to give Seunghyun a get well anything. “How about we also get him a get well soon gift?” Under his breath, he mumbled “And maybe even separate ones.” He then spoke up again. “I can deliver them!” Youngbae did like the idea, but he felt a slight uneasiness at the last part, with Daesung delivering them. “I love the idea Dae, but remember what the doctor said..” Youngbae softly asked, voicing his thoughts.

Daesung looked up at Youngbae. “Also remember he said about 2 days to 2 weeks! That will be the second day!” He looked at Youngbae for confirmation. “Dae... He said 2 weeks to 2 months.” Daesung remembered and blushed, trying to continue the argument.

“But all he said is that it wouldn’t be that recommended! Life’s all about taking risks! Well.. Not saying it’s a risk... But I’d be in a hospital either way! If anything happened, nurses and doctors are all around! I wouldn’t do something like that again anyway. I mean I didn’t even really try to... to kill myself...” His voice faltered at the end.

Jiyong’s ears perked up. “What?” he asked, stunned.

“I mean, I just wanted enough to sleep, and two migraine pills normally make you feel drowsy, right? So I took two. But then... I guess as they weren’t prescribed for me, they were a bit strong, and I just kinda..” He made a  vague hand gesture.

He sighed, looking away from them to say the next bit.

“Before it happened, yes, I thought about it briefly. I didn’t want to live with the shame. I just wanted to sleep through the next hour peacefully.” Everyone looked at Daesung with shock, especially Youngbae. He suddenly shook his head. “No, no, there was at least ¾’s if not more of those pills in there, there can’t have just been two, because otherwise, were the hell did the rest go?” He shot, stomach knotting tightly. Daesung shrugged.

“There were definitely two. Also, Seungri and Jiyong have a habit of taking them for when they have headaches.” Youngbae’s suspicions still were high, but he let it drop.

“I’m glad, then. Glad you didn’t actually want to do.. that. Rather than wanted to have done that.” Youngbae finished, leaving an awful silence.

“So Jiyong, wha-...What are you doing tomorrow?” Youngbae asked again, breaking the silence.

Daesung kept his head down.

“Shopping. My bag’s broken. Hey Dae, if you want to get something for Seunghyun, you can come with me, and I’ll take you to the hospital after that, okay?” Jiyong responded, focusing his attention to Daesung.

“Thanks, Ji.” Daesung murmured. Inside, he was throwing confetti everywhere. He could buy a present for Seunghyun! He decided to make the conversation’s mood less dull. Something that he’d caused, again.

“So... What shall we get for Seunghyun?” Daesung asked. The three responded with thoughtful faces.
“Ah!” Seungri suddenly said aloud, clapping his hands together. Daesung looked up at him. “Yes?!” He asked, a little too enthusiastically, but that wasn’t the point of the matter.

“Let’s get him a photoframe! And have a picture of us in it!” Jiyong and Youngbae nodded. Daesung smiled at what good ideas Seungri had. “Great idea Panda! We can put a happy photo of us in to make him feel happier and less lonely!” Youngbae added, making Jiyong chuckling softly. “Great! So... Where’s the camera? Let’s take one now!” Seungri stood up, looking for his camera.

That camera had some pretty embarrassing pictures on it, but contained a lot of good memories.

He found it underneath one of Seunghyun’s hats, which he slowly pushed aside, and ran back to take a picture of the 4.

“Ah, that came out great!”

“Daesung, you look like you’re really crying!”

“It’s not that, it’s lack of sleep! I’m tireeeedddd”

“Let’s go to bed early then! Panda, you can print it out now from the wireless printer in my room! We’ll find a frame that fits!”

“Okay!”

Moments later, Seungri came running back, with 5 different sized photos. “Just incase they’re too big or too small or whatever!” Seungri commented, giving them to Daesung.

“Woah, thank you!” Daesung’s trademark smile filled the room. “I’m going to go to bed now, so I’ll see you tomorrow!” He shouted, walking to the bedroom. Youngbae followed him in there. Jiyong and Seungri put away the unfinished ice-cream, and eventually, Seungri began to walk away, but was stopped by Jiyong, whose hand tugged at his elbow. “Um.. Seungri... can you sleep with me tonight please?” Jiyong asked, flushing crimson at the question. “Sure! Let me go get changed!” Seungri beamed, dashing to his room. Jiyong smiled and went into his room to change himself.

Youngbae sat on the edge of his bed, elbows on his knees, looking up to the ceiling, frustrated. “Aish, why is this so confusing?” Youngbae thought to himself. He thought about what Daesung, and the nurse said.

“I didn’t think the others would like to hear this, Youngbae. Can I trust you with this?”
“Yeah,” Youngbae nodded, stomach already twisting and churning inside.
“Okay. I don’t know why, or how, but Seunghyun..” Youngbae looked up.
“Seunghyun... Was also drugged at the time of his incident.”
“WHAT
?” Youngbae almost yelled. “How?”
“We don’t know. Was there anything Seunghyun could’ve consumed before the incident? For example, a cookie? Drank some water? Something that this kind of drug could end up in his system?”
Youngbae’s mind traced back to when Seunghyun had walked into the room. He was fine then, it was just walking to the bathroom... The wine!
“He drank two glasses of wine! That’s all I remember. Shall I bring the wine to you?” “Please. Drop it into the hospital as soon at 10am tomorrow morning. That’s all. Thank you.”

Who could’ve drugged Seunghyun? The window was open, and there’d been a text sent to him from an un-known number. Speaking of which... Seunghyun’s phone had been left in the kitchen. Youngbae had neither the patience nor the effort to make such a long journey. Sighing again, Youngbae continued with his thoughts.

Daesung said those migraine pills were strong. Were they the right pills, though? Had someone been planning this? Someone had either sneaked the wine believed to be drugged in the kitchen and the pills, or this was all a huge misunderstanding. Two bad things happening to each member... Who would be the next? Youngbae almost sniggered at that thought. Thinking like that already... Youngbae did get that feeling, though. Youngbae got into bed and stared at Daesung sleeping. When did everything start getting so... scary?

CHAPTER 10 – END

AN:  :o looks like this is getting tense now! How did you enjoy the last chapter?! ^^ and Jiyong loves shopping...