Confrontation

Love is Pain

His hands hurt from the shopping bag handles digging into his fingers. He looked up at Seunghyun, and smiled. He at least wanted to make a good impression. Seunghyun smiled back. His smile was the kind of smile that could melt a girl’s heart. It did the same for men, too.

They hadn’t said a word to each other yet, just taken in each other’s appearances. Daesung looked up at Seunghyun’s bandage wrapped around his head. His smile faded immediately. It was the exact same one in his dream. He froze and looked at it. A tiny bit of blood had leaked through, leaving a dark brown patch. Daesung shuddered. Seunghyun looked curiously at Daesung. Just what went through this man’s mind?

“Does it make my head look big?” Seunghyun suddenly asked, successfully pulling Daesung out of his daze. Daesung faked a smile, which Seunghyun immediately knew. He shook his head, smile fading again. “Then what is it?” Seunghyun asked. Being in hospital made him impatient enough, but this almost made it worse. And not knowing what were in those bags. He then mentally kicked himself. “It wasn’t meant to sound as harsh as I intended it to, Dae.. But what’s wrong? I haven’t heard you speak. If I’m in here for a while, I at least need some conversation, hm?” Daesung nodded his head slowly, uttering a barely audible “Yeah.” Daesung looked at Seunghyun’s bandage again.

"I had a dream about you. The bandage looked exactly the same, that was all really.” He stuttered out. Seunghyun stared unrequitedly into Daesung’s eyes. “And.. What was that dream, Dae?” Seunghyun asked softly, his face softening at the sight of Daesung’s nervous figure. He grabbed his hand, hoping the soft touch would help calm Daesung’s nerves a bit.

Unfortunately, it did the opposite.

Although, their hands felt like a perfect match together, which made Daesung’s big heart ache. “W-Well..” He started, trying to form a sentence that would make sense. “I-... Dreamt that you died in the hospital. A-And... It was all my fault... You wouldn’t st-stop telling me..” Daesung uttered finally, voice cracking and wavering at the end, starting to cry. This Seunghyun was completely different to the one in his dream. This Seunghyun rubbed his cold hands with his thumb. This Seunghyun gazed into Daesung’s eyes, and when Daesung looked back, this Seunghyun definitely wasn’t going to yell abuse.

“I’m not going to die, Dae. It’s not your fault, I just-...” Seunghyun faltered for a moment, before changing his sentence. “It’s not your fault. Now, what’s in those bags? I hope there’s something for me!” He asked, turning into a small child. Daesung smiled and unlinked his hand with Seunghyun’s, delving into the first bag.

Tears were still streaming down his face slowly, however, Daesung wasn’t crying anymore. The first bag was the one that had the 5 t-shirts in them. He pulled them out, showing them to Seunghyun. “Cool!! Are they for me?!” Seunghyun asked. They were amazing. Something Seunghyun himself would’ve probably picked out, except for the ones with much shorter sleeves.

“No, but Jiyong bought them for me! I’m glad you like them,” Daesung chuckled, slowly losing his fears and beginning to chat comfortably with Seunghyun. “Oh! Well, tell Jiyong he has wonderful fashion taste! I think they’d suit you!” he replied, with full honesty. Jiyong had picked well. “Hm, he’d coming later so you can tell him yourself!”

Daesung laughed, putting them back in the bag, and pulling up the next bag. Seunghyun felt happy that Daesung was getting along with him. It felt like their awkward moments were slowly lifting. Daesung got out the second item out of the bag. The shoes. Seunghyun’s jaw dropped with surprise. They were beautiful.

“Dae! They’re perfect!” He burst out, earning a soft chuckle from Daesung. They were. Daesung put them on the bed, and Seunghyun picked them up, admiring every part of it. “Jiyong bought them for me, again. He found it ridiculous that I only have 3 pairs of shoes!” Daesung whined, making them both laugh.

“But even so, you’re so lucky!! Mind if I borrow these from you sometime? He’s spoiling you, Daesung. Be proud you only have 3 shoes!” He added, raising his voice slightly, holding the shoe high in the air, causing a bubble of laughter to pop all over Daesung. Seunghyun looked so weird. But he was so funny, even when he wasn’t trying to be. Seunghyun smiled and watched Daesung laugh. His laugh was cuter than many things he’d seen in his life. How could he have never noticed this before?

Daesung was still laughing to himself as he pulled them out of Seunghyun’s grasp, which had made him whine like a puppy being denied a toy, and put it back in the bag. He then rummaged few a few more bags, getting items out and placing them on the bed. The last items he got out, however, made Seunghyun burst into laughter again.

Everyone was always telling Seunghyun he smelled like lavender and vanilla... And Daesung had just casually pulled out a bouquet of lavenders, along with a tub of vanilla pods. Daesung laughed at Seunghyun’s laugh. Seunghyun picked up the flowers and read the note on it.

          To our dearest hyung, Seunghyun....

FIGHTING!!!!!

-      Lots of love, Daesung, Jiyong, Youngbae and Seungri!

Seunghyun laughed at the short note, and smelt the flowers. “It’s missing something!” He said out loud. He opened the pot of vanilla pods and poured them on the lavender. Smelling them again, he nodded, satisfied. “Smells like home,  now!” He explained to Daesung, putting them on his bedside table.

Daesung laughed. Seunghyun’s heart did a triple back flip and knotted in his mouth, slowly rolling down to where it belonged. Daesung’s laugh was too cute!

He picked up the next item. 3 big books.. He smiled and looked up at Daesung. “You got these, didn’t you?” He asked, smiling. Daesung nodded, “Who else? I think I’m the only book-aholic in the band! They’re for you while you stay here, to give you some company! I don’t know what books you like...” Daesung trailed off. “So, I hope I picked a good enough book for you!” He finished.

Seunghyun gazed at the books. They were all Harry Potter books. The first three in the series, in fact. Daesung slowly added to his previous sentence. “I got a magical book for you! So, it’ll be like you’re in a different world! So you can get lost in that one, rather than stuck here!” Seunghyun smiled. Daesung really loved his books. “You’ll have to text Jiyong to get my glasses! Or at least, just buy some more. I need some love too!” Daesung laughed, and got out his phone, texting to Jiyong Seunghyun’s request. “Sent it!” Daesung sang, shutting his phone, and putting it back in his pocket.

Seunghyun moved onto the next and final two presents. “Wow.. This is amazing!” He spoke, almost shocked by how great this notebook was. “I got it for you to express yourself in! It’s what you do normally!” Daesung added, making Seunghyun smile. He picked up the pen and felt it.

“Woah, this pen feels good...” Seunghyun remarked. Daesung knew Seunghyun would say something like that. “It does, doesn’t it?” He replied, his heart skipping a beat at Seunghyun’s expression, filled with utter curiosity. He made a mental note to get more nice pens for Seunghyun as presents.

“But, you haven’t seen your final present!” Daesung whined. He glanced at Seunghyun’s collar bones, and it sent tingles all over his body, knowing that there was bare skin under that long hospital gown. He managed to stay in focus and zipped open his backpack. “Wow, that’s the first time I’ve ever seen you actually use a backpack, Dae!” Seunghyun remarked, earning a playful slap.

“I was just kidding! ... Although it’s true...” Seunghyun added quietly. Daesung laughed and found what he was looking for. “Are you ready?” Daesung asked like an MC host. Well, considering the fact that he had experience. Seunghyun pressed his fists to his cheeks like a child and wiggled in his bed, not even caring that his head hurt. “I’m readyyyyy!” Seunghyun squealed “Okay!” Daesung beamed. Like an angel, Seunghyun added in his mind. Where was he getting all these thoughts from? Daesung slowly pulled something out the bag. “Hurry up!!” Seunghyun whined, getting extremely impatient.

Daesung pulled it out and threw it onto Seunghyun’s lap. “YAY!” He squealed. He picked it up, as it was face down. He burst into the biggest grin Daesung had seen him in. Ever. Seunghyun burst out laughing. Daesung laughed with him. It was quite a weird picture, the four members posing the ‘fighting!’ position, but their faces.. they’d all pulled the most hilarious faces. Towards the bottom of the picture, in some kind of white pen, Daesung (Seunghyun recognised the handwriting right away) had scribbled “T.O.P FIGHTING!”

They laughed at the picture together, at everyone’s faces, especially Youngbae’s, when Daesung suddenly let out an “Oh!” And turned to Seunghyun. There was a TV in front of them. Perfect. “Youngbae is filling in for you on an interview! It’s going to start any second now!” Daesung squeaked, looking for the remote to the TV. Finding the remote, he turned it on. “Oh, Just in time!” Daesung remarked, feeling satisfaction at how he’d remembered it just in the nick of time.

CHAPTER THIRTEEN- END

AN: Another update o(◡‿◡✿)