Finally

Love is Pain

*2 weeks later*

Seunghyun sighed, standing next to Youngbae, Seungri, and Jiyong by Daesung’s hospital door.

The past 2 weeks had gone by quicker than they had expected them to. Every time they visited; which for Seunghyun, was everyday, and the others most days, Daesung’s condition had kept improving and improving. Daesung had apparently had a flashback when the doctors had asked him to “stand up”, clutching onto his gut, beginning to sob uncontrollably. That was after Seunghyun had left, by himself, the day before. But apart from these frequent flashbacks, his physical condition had improved a lot.

They walked in, and looked over to the doctor, who was trying to wake up the sleeping Daesung. He noticed their arrival and turned to face them, lowering his head and recoiling it, smiling his greetings to them, to which they did the same back.

Seunghyun’s face lit up at the sight of Daesung’s physical appearance. His injuries had almost completely healed, and the wound on his chest was scarring, but that only meant it was healing aswell. “Can we go now? I’ve been waiting five weeks and even more than that to see him back home again.” Seungri whined to the doctor, who laughed slightly.

“Let him wake up, while I get some forms for you to fill in.” He replied, walking out the room.

Seunghyun walked over to Daesung and put a hand gently on his shoulder, rubbing it. “Daesung, we’re going home today! Are you excited?” He whispered into Daesung’s ear.

His eyes bolted open and his body tensed up.

.

“Daesung-...” Seunghyun started, grabbing Daesung’s hand in some attempt to calm him down. Daesung looked forwards, his eyes blank. “Leave m-me alone..” He whispered to the ceiling, seeing the figure of Lee Soon rise above him. Seunghyun shook his shoulder again slightly, causing Daesung to bolt up. “J-JUST GO! I d-don’t want to be.. touched by you anymo-more..” He stuttered, looking as if he’d seen a ghost. Seunghyun knew Daesung was ‘talking’ to Lee Soon, and so leant forwards, trying to lock the blonde’s eyes in his.

“Dae, I’m not going to hurt you, okay? No one is going to hurt you. It’s Seunghyun.” He spoke, as he finally caught Daesung’s eye. Noticing he still didn’t calm down, Seunghyun raised both arms up in clear view of him. “No one will hurt you. We’re safe, okay?” He calmly continued. Well, as calm as he could act, anyway. Inside he was terrified.

Daesung’s heavy breathing slowed down, and his eyes returned to the present slowly, focusing onto Seunghyun’s. He gasped and looked around at Seungri, Youngbae and Jiyong’s scared faces. Seunghyun raised a corner of his mouth.

“Don’t worry, we’re getting out of here.” Was all Seunghyun could think to say. He should’ve said something like ‘no one’s scared of you’, but he didn’t. Slowly placing a hand on Daesung’s shoulder.

Daesung stared at Seunghyun. It was an expression the older couldn’t read; but nevertheless, he nodded softly.

 Smiling as comfortingly as he could, Seunghyun placed both hands on his lap, fiddling with his fingers. Youngbae watched the ordeal, sighing gently and wrapping an arm around Seungri’s shoulder, who in return leant his head on the arm, wrapping one of his arms around Youngbae’s waist.

The doctor came back not too much long later, giving Seunghyun and Youngbae some forms; “When you fill them in, give them to the reception and then you’re free to go” being all the explanation they got before he walked out the room.

“Hey, Bae.. Do you have a pen?” Seunghyun asked, scanning the form quickly with his eyes. The form had already been filled with the doctors consent, so all Seunghyun needed to really write was his name, their address and phone number. Youngbae was the one who had all the important forms to deal with.

“Mm,” Youngbae replied, passing a pen that he was about to use. After scrawling his name and the other small pieces of information, he passed it back, thanking Youngbae, who began to fill out the long forms.

Seunghyun looked back again at Daesung, who was looking around the room curiously. “Hey, Dae, we’re all going to go now. Do you need any help getting up?” He asked politely. Shaking his head, Daesung pulled down the covers. Seunghyun helped him with it anyway, just to be on the safe side.

After Daesung got out of bed, he looked down at his clothes. It was an open hospital gown that didn’t really have much of a practical use. “Oh!” Jiyong suddenly exclaimed, tossing a bag towards Seunghyun, who almost missed it by the skin of his teeth. “There’s clothes in there for you Dae!” Seunghyun opened the bag, hoping it was nothing extravagant. Luckily, it was just a pair of dark tracksuit bottoms, a white wife-beater, and a blue puffer-coat. The shoes were luckily only white trainers. Some plain socks and underwear were also included.

“Uh.. You guys go hand in that form in, I’ll help change Daesung, okay?” Seunghyun requested nervously, not knowing if Daesung would even want to be seen changing. They all understood and replied, walking out to hand the form Youngbae filled in and the form that Seunghyun filled, which was taken out his hands by Seungri.

“Dae, I’m going to help you change. Is that alright?” Seunghyun more confirmed rather than asked. It received a nod from Daesung anyway, who grabbed the white briefs with one hand and pointed at the door with the other, looking at Seunghyun.

“You want me to leave?” He asked. Daesung shook his head and made a spinning action with his hands. “Oh, you want me to turn around?” He asked, earning a nod. He turned to face the door while Daesung put on his pants. He let out a soft sigh. He felt like he shouldn’t turn around, as Daesung could possibly get a flashback from, well... His own body. It made Seunghyun feel like he wasn’t doing enough.

He felt a pat on his arm and turned around; placing a hand on Daesung’s, which lay on his shoulder. Smiling, he reached down and grabbed out the socks. “Let’s put on some socks now.” He spoke, gently holding out a hand for Daesung to put a foot on.

Daesung did, and Seunghyun unfolded the sock, putting it on Daesung’s foot. He slowly looked up Daesung’s leg. He could see the faint markings of bruises that were fading, and sighed. There were a few scars on his thigh from Lee Soon. He looked back down again, tapping Daesung’s other foot, putting on that sock aswell. He began to hum a little tune as he did it; hoping it’d lighten up the mood at least slightly. When both socks were done, he got out the tracksuit bottoms. He motioned for Daesung to sit on the bed, before crouching down; placing Daesung’s feet into the holes and pulling up gently. “Put your arms around my neck, okay?” Seunghyun asked, immediately feeling the warmth of Daesung’s arms wrap around his neck. Seunghyun slowly stood up, pulling up Daesung’s tracksuit bottoms as he did.

Seunghyun smiled slightly. Daesung’s hair tickled his cheek, and his fingers grazed his back slightly. After pulling Daesung’s trousers right up, he wrapped his arms around Daesung’s waist, feeling butterflies erupting in his stomach. He rubbed Daesung’s back and fought the urge not to kiss the crook of his neck.

Slowly breaking the hug, Seunghyun got out the wife-beater. Daesung sitting back on the bed, Seunghyun told him to lift his arms in the air, which he did. Leaning forward to put on the top, Daesung could smell the fragrance that Seunghyun had used, and it made his heart feel giddy, but scared at the same time for some  strange reason.

Pulling the top down, Seunghyun’s face came into viewpoint of Daesung’s, and they were a few inches away from lips touching. Seunghyun tried to look into Daesung’s eyes, wondering if any of this had triggered anything. Luckily it hadn’t, but Daesung jumped back slightly, afraid of the sudden closeness.

“Sorry..” Seunghyun mumbled suddenly, turning around to pass Daesung the trainers.

Daesung just slipped his feet into them. They weren’t his, but slightly bigger. Seunghyun passed him a coat finally; but deathly silent. His heart felt smashed, even though it was just a reaction that had cause Daesung to jump back. But he looked like he was scared, which was probably the reason why Seunghyun suddenly felt so gloomy. It felt like Daesung was scared of him.

After putting on the coat, Daesung stood up, and placed his hand in Seunghyun’s, looking into his eyes lovingly, which made Seunghyun smile, squeezing Daesung’s hand tightly. “Let’s go!” He enthused, walking towards the door.

Daesung let go of his hand as they reached the door, but Seunghyun didn’t mind. He just put an arm around Daesung instead, the bag containing the clothes slung around his shoulders. Walking down to the back entrance, he spotted Youngbae, who was leaning against a wall, humming a tune to himself. Noticing them arrive, he smiled. “The van’s here!” He exclaimed, mentally cursing when he saw Daesung pale.

“The v-van?” He stumbled out, placing a foot backwards. “That m-man will r me...“

Seunghyun rubbed Daesung’s back. “Don’t worry Dae, it’s the van we always use, not the van that man used, okay?” He tried, earning an exclamation from him. Daesung’s hands began to shake and his breathing got harsher. “N-no... He’s in there...” he etched out.

“It’s not the man, I promise. It’s just Seungri and Jiyong. I’ll go and check for you, okay?” Seunghyun asked, earning a shake of the head. Daesung grabbed Seunghyun’s hand so tightly it hurt, but Seunghyun didn’t mind it. “Y-You’ll get too....” Daesung started, only to be cut off by Seunghyun. “Then we’ll go together. I promise he’s not in there, okay?”

Daesung slowly obliged and took a small step forward, petrified about the van in front of him. Seunghyun opened the door with one hand, to reveal Seungri and Jiyong, deep in conversation. When they noticed Seunghyun and Daesung; Youngbae awkwardly behind them, they stopped talking and smiled, letting them in. It was about 12pm, so it was fairly bright.

The windows were slightly tinted, which scared Daesung; but the others were with him and Seunghyun was holding his hand so they were going to be alright, weren’t they?

Seungri sat on Youngbae’s lap, humming along to some K.Will song on the radio. Jiyong whistled to it, and it sounded nice. Youngbae rested his head on Seungri’s back, shutting his eyes.  His hands were wrapped around Seungri’s warm waist and he served as a great pillow.

“Aish, I’m so hungry! Seungri, can you cook for us when we’re home please?” Seunghyun suddenly grumbled, clutching onto his stomach with one hand, pouting slightly. Seungri nodded, and waited a few more seconds until the song finished before responding. “Sure! Tuna omelettes forever...” He cooed off, placing his hands on top of Youngbae’s.

“Daesung, will you want a tuna omelette?” Seungri asked, staring at the blond who stared down at the hand interlocking with his. Looking up swiftly, Daesung nodded his head. Seungri smiled and gave a thumbs up with one hand.

CHAPTER FORTY-EIGHT - END

A/N: wah I had trouble uploading this chapter. T_T however, here it is! cut it off in a weird place because that was the only okay place to do so haha. 

in other news; i'm writing a 'unique' todae one-shot! or two-shot, it depends. may be a two-shot ^_^ unique is in intervted commas because i guess that not many fanfictions have this.. thing in them. lol, not that i've seen anyway. ;u; please look out for it!

also WHY does it keep saying all the chapters are m rated? whenever i upload a chapter it automatically goes to m.it's not. lol.