Haven

Love is Pain

 

They’d been here for almost 6 hours, and no one had told them anything concerning Daesung.

Seunghyun had walked out the private waiting room and was now walking along the hospital corridors, checking each room twice, keeping his head down in case he was noticed by anyone.

He’d climbed two floors already, and he was already tired out. He leant against a wall, and shut his eyes, knowing he had 3 more floors to go. However, he noticed out of his eye the map situated on a wall, annoyingly huge. He paced up to it furiously, hands in his pockets, inspecting it.

The sadness and heartache had eased down slightly, making room for frustration and other meaningless emotions appear, which in one way was good. He didn’t have to worry about making his way down the halls in tears. Besides, Daesung couldn’t see him in tears.

Seunghyun found the section he guessed Daesung to be. “Emergency and Intensive Care.” It was on the top floor. Huffing, he looked towards the stairs, glum about having to climb them again, and severely confused as to why it’d be on the top floor. But then again, Seunghyun vowed to himself he’d do anything for Daesung. Luckily, he noticed a lift. Running towards it, he pressed the button to take him to the top floor.

The lift opened immediately. Seunghyun walked in, pressing the 5th floor button. He held his own hand, and as  the lift closed, sank to his knees. His heart was racing as maybe, he’d finally see Daesung. The lift went up quite quickly, which was a comforting surprise.

Even though Daesung was apparently not awake, Seunghyun just wanted to see his face.

He was well aware it could be the last time he would see Daesung’s face if he did die, but even then, Seunghyun wanted to be there.

The jerk of the lift arriving at it’s destination snapped Seunghyun out of his thoughts, and he looked up, scrambling to his feet. The lift doors slowly opened and so Seunghyun stalked his way through the corridors, trying to find the man that made his heart beat faster. It wasn’t a good place to be looking, as almost every room contained what looked like excessive amounts of pain and blood. Seunghyun sighed to think about his Daesung, here, in this place where all the wounds were extreme. The life or death floor. He wondered which room Daesung would be in. Probably in an end room.

Seunghyun found himself almost at the end of the corridor. He was about to curse when he saw the turning, leading to another cluster of rooms. He nodded to himself, and looked into the door of the last room. His heart fell so suddenly that he fell with it. Picking himself up, he stared through the window, pressing his face onto the surface, his erratic breathing little puddles of mist.

He could recognise the owner of that blond hair anywhere.

The corner of his lips trembled; unsure whether to laugh with relief, smile, cry, scream.. It was all a complete blur. He couldn’t see the face, but that hair... That hair belonged to Daesung. Seunghyun was sure of it.

He knew he couldn’t walk in and disturb the operation, only watch from the window, but his heart was overjoyed when he saw the heart monitor attached to Daesung making steady, loud, beeps.

Daesung was alive. Wiping a small tear from his eye, Seunghyun focused more on what was happening. And his expression fell drastically when he noticed the blood.

Blood on the doctor’s clothes.

A doctor running back and forth, bringing various equipment to Daesung.

The uncountable tubes placed into Daesung’s body.

His arm, deadly pale.

Their panicked orders.

Seunghyun backed away, fingers still resting on the glass. Daesung was clearly alive, but... All that blood. It almost looked like he had none. There was a blood bag next to Daesung, providing him with more, but even so...

Seunghyun turned around and walked away. He couldn’t tell whether he was happy or sad, but he was at least glad Daesung wasn’t in a worse position than he could be. Forcing himself to calm down, he whispered to himself. “He’s breathing, his heart’s pumping and that’s all that matters.”

Nodding to himself, he got into the lift, back to where the others were.

----

He walked into the room, to find Jiyong about to stand up in shock, Seungri pointing to where Seunghyun had been, and Youngbae covering his mouth with his hand. He sat down where he’d been before, causing Jiyong to scoff.

“Where the did you go?” He hissed through gritted teeth. “You scared us so much! You better have some good explanation as to why you left without waking us.”

Seunghyun smiled wryly. “To see Daesung.”

Jiyong’s eyes bolted open. “W-What? He’s awake! Well, why the didn’t you awa-“

“He’s not awake. I just wanted to see him.” Seunghyun cut through, feeling strangely pissed off at Jiyong’s anger.

“Is he.. Alright?” Seungri intervened, his hand lowered onto Youngbae’s.

The silence explained the situation well enough. Sighing, Jiyong placed a hand on Seunghyun’s shoulder. “I’m sorry.” He mumbled, before pulling Seunghyun into a tight hug. Not resisting, Seunghyun wrapped his arms around the thin frame, sighing into the comforting gesture. “We’re all scared.” Jiyong added, blinking slowly, holding back tears.

“I know.” Was all Seunghyun responded. He broke away, and looked over to Seungri and Youngbae, who sat together, staring at the ground. Sighing, he walked over and gestured with his hands for them to stand up. When they did, he hugged them both tightly, feeling their hands rub his back.

They all broke away after a while, and sat down, sitting next to each other; the mood much brighter than before. Seunghyun looked at Seungri and Youngbae, smiling softly at them. “So... You and Seungri, huh?” He asked, putting an arm around the slightly blushing maknae. Youngbae nodded, putting a hand on his knee. “Yeah.. You don’t mind that, right?” he replied, a small grin tugging at his lips. Seunghyun shook his head, grinning back in return. “You look good together.”

Jiyong felt strangely happy to see them together. He walked over and sat on Seungri’s knees, adding to the touches he was receiving. Seungri laughed. “Ya! I’m not a cushion, Ji!” he exclaimed, voice squealing as Jiyong laughed and leant backwards, the back of his head grazing Seungri’s shoulder.”You’re all touching me!” He whined, suddenly yelping when Seunghyun and Youngbae began to tickle him.

Laughing, Youngbae poked his sides – Seungri’s ultimate weak point. “AH!” He yelped, squirming and trying to use Jiyong as a shield. Jiyong wasn’t happy about that, but he decided to get revenge on Seungri anyway.

He twisted and jabbed the front of Seungri’s neck, making him squeal with a loud “Oomph!” And look down, trying to hide his neck from sight. Seungri tickled Jiyong around the waist, causing him to squirm around excitedly. “Help me hyungs!” He whined, making them laugh.

“Should we, Bae?” Seunghyun asked jokingly, looking playfully at Youngbae.

“I don’t know, Bingu, shall we?” He replied, a grin forming on his lips.

Normally, Seunghyun would have reprimanded Youngbae for the nickname he hated the most, but this wasn’t a time to complain. Fighting the urge not to laugh, he just grinned happily. “I think... Nope!” He ended playfully, tickling Seungri twice as hard as before.

They stopped after a while, wheezing and laughing, leaning on each other for support. Jiyong, still on Seungri’s lap, leant backwards, staring at the ceiling. Unable to keep the smile off his face, he shifted in his spot. “We’re never normally like this anymore.” Seunghyun looked over at Jiyong, trying to guess the expression on his face. “I miss the days when we were all like this, though.” He emphasized the word ‘this’ by gesturing with his arms. “When we all were like children. It gives good memories, and we laugh more. Like best friends. Well, in this world, that’s what we are. Best friends. We go through rough times, we spend all our time together... It makes me happy. It makes all of you happy too.

“I mean, we grow up so soon we’ll be too old and cranky to have fun like this anymore, but I loved it when we first debuted, and we stayed in the living room almost all night, just talking and playing with each other. I miss it.”

Jiyong’s sudden confession made everyone smile. “It hasn’t gone, you idiot.. I mean, look at maknae,” Seunghyun started, earning a protesting whine from Seungri. “We’re all kids, deep down. Sometimes we forget that, though.” He smiled and tilted his head back, looking at the ceiling in a similar way that Jiyong did. His head rested on his hands, and he felt somewhat more content than he’d done previously.

“I love you guys,” Jiyong blurted out, a small smile forming on his lips. As if they were waiting for him to say that, the three reacted by automatically hugging him tightly – Seungri from behind, and Seunghyun and Youngbae from the side. “Love you too..” They replied in unison.

A knock on the door interrupted them from their talk.

They broke away from the hug and coughed, allowing someone to come in.

 “W-What is it, doctor?” They asked all at once, curious about the blank expression he held on this face as the middle aged man sat down on a seat, frowning slightly.

He sighed and looked down. “It’s about Daesung...”

CHAPTER FORTY-TWO - END

A/N: What's gonna happen? :O 

Just want to say a big THANK YOU to aff user missterious who kindly did a cover page for this fic!! Go to the foreword and look! isn't it perfect? You should get cover pages from her (and her friend's) request shop! Or at least look at all the other amazing works they do. Fighting!! ^_^ And thanks to all you readers, subscribers, silent readers (I know you're out there muahaha) and commenters!! love you all :D (and i'm sorry for getting worse at chapter names. lmfao.)

ABOUT THE CHAPTER COVER PIC: Just imagine it's Jiyong on Seungri's lap and they're not sleeping! lolo they're so cute. bigbang sleeping is probably the cutest thing.

LASTLY... FANGIRLING SO HARD!!!!!!! I was on tumblr and I saw this! DAESUNG'S NEW ALBUM COVER PHOTOS!! I cannot wait for the album! How much is it gonna be... I've been saving for it keke...