Flash

Love is Pain

 

 

“What are you thinking right now, D-Dae...?” Seunghyun whispered softly, trying to control his shaky voice, waiting a few seconds before wrapping an arm around the unmoving blond-haired man, clutching his hand tightly.

He was about to let go, when he felt a small twitch in his hand.

His heart stopped.

“Oh my god... D-Do that again, Dae..” He spoke, gaining the attention of Seungri and Youngbae, who ran over immediately, watching Daesung.

“What did he do??” Seungri questioned, excited and nervous.

“His hand j-just twitched...” Seunghyun replied slowly. 

“HIS MOUTH MOVED ASWELL!!” Seungri screamed, noticing the corner of his mouth twitch slightly. Youngbae whipped out his phone and speed-dialled Jiyong, almost yelling at him to come to the hospital immediately. “Go and get the doctor!” Youngbae yelled to Seungri, after hanging up on Jiyong.

Seungri bolted out the room like a rocket, shouting for the doctor to come through again.

Seunghyun’s heart was pumping and he felt Daesung’s hand twitch again. Unable to hide the most relieved smile he’d ever contained, he looked up at Youngbae, who walked over to where Seungri stood, grabbing onto Daesung’s other hand, feeling that one twitch additionally. Youngbae put his free hand around Seunghyun’s back, rubbing it smoothly.

The doctor came in and told them and Seungri to stand back while he checked Daesung over.

Smiling, he stood to the corner. “I’ll let him wake up with you, then. And when he’s finished waking up, I’ll talk to him, okay?” The others nodded and watched Daesung’s twitches last longer. Youngbae pulled out his phone again, remembering that he needed to contact Jae Shin on Daesung. Reluctantly letting go of Daesung’s hand and walking to another corner, he connected to Jae Shin. He really didn’t want to mention the ; especially in front of Daesung, so he turned his back for a few seconds. “We found out he was four times,” He started without a greeting. He heard Jae Shin inhale sharply, before continuing on. “But he just began to wake up. Come over.” He added, before hanging up and going back over to Daesung.

Jiyong burst through the door, panting and out of breath, running to Seunghyun’s side and placing a hand on his shoulder, watching Daesung rise.

Seunghyun felt Daesung’s thumb slowly try to his hand, and Seunghyun smiled and squeezed tightly. “You can do it Dae...” He encouraged, gaining a ton of energy. Jiyong was gasping and watching Daesung’s mouth try and pout into a small ‘o’, failing to do so, but even so, it made him happy.

“Come on Daesung!” He coaxed like Seunghyun, the grin adorning his tired face. He didn’t believe Daesung would actually wake up, much to his own shock, but surely enough, he was.

Everyone in the room was smiling; except Daesung, who was still trying to open his eyes, but failing to do so. The doctor walked forwards. “You don’t have to force yourself, Daesung. Move what you can in your own time, okay?” He told softly.

Daesung tried to squeeze Seunghyun’s hand back; something he had wanted to do for ages. It was soft, but Seunghyun felt it. “Were you waiting to do that?” Seunghyun asked through his grin, massaging Daesung’s hand with his fingers.

Seungri held onto Daesung’s other hand, which twitched and squeezed aswell.

The door opened again and Jae Shin burst into the room; immediately apologising for the rude entrance. “I was just opposite the hospital,” He burst out, panting heavily. “I ran all the way here.” he finished, walking over to Daesung. “Hey Daesung. I’m Jae Shin, and I’m so glad you’re awake.” He introduced, watching Daesung’s slow movements.

Daesung opened his right eye slightly, a blurry Seunghyun coming into view. Trying to focus on him, he opened his eye a little more, forehead creasing with pain when he realised it was his bruised eye he tried to open. He shut it and opened his left eye. Seunghyun was still blurry, nevertheless, Daesung could see a large smile adorning his face. He slowly looked around him. Youngbae, Jiyong and Seungri were there, the doctor was there, and the man who’d just introduced himself was there.

He felt his movements last longer and longer, and he took a deep breath. His throat hurt and he felt terrible. But he was awake.

Seungri handed him a bottle of water from his backpack, only to realise that Daesung probably couldn’t drink by himself, so slowly let him drink from the bottle which he held with his hand.

Daesung drank a little bit, before shutting his mouth and nodding slightly, a sign he’d already had enough.

It made him feel sick.

In fact, his chest began to churn and his throat opened then closed. The doctor grabbed a sick-bowl that lay under the bed and it by Daesung, who threw up in it. It was just a mixture of blood and the water he drank from Seungri. It made his throat hurt even more, but he let out a painful sigh and then let himself be cleaned up with a tissue.

His left eye focused onto Seunghyun, who became clearer in his vision. He couldn’t bring himself to smile, so nodded slowly, trying to lean forward before closing an eye again, feeling faint, and then opening it slightly again.

“Woah-..” The doctor let out, placing a hand on Daesung’s shoulder. “Remember, don’t rush yourself!” He reminded, gently resting him back down onto the bed. Daesung just shut his eyes again, pulling his hand gently away from Seungri’s to rest on top of Seunghyun’s, making both of his hands hold the other’s.

----

It had been an hour since Daesung’s hand first twitched, and Seunghyun was having a deep conversation with Jae Shin, Youngbae, a therapist and the doctor in the opposite room.

“He definitely can’t go home tomorrow. We’ll have to do lots of tests on him, and he’ll be feeling weak – and obviously traumatised.” The doctor stated to Seunghyun and Youngbae.

“So... You’re saying that Daesung would be scared of our own home?” Youngbae replied back, thinking back to all the people that were watching over it.

I think, that because the people were watching it – they may be gone now, as they were probably the other men in that place, and because a lot of things happened there, he may not want to go home, but I mean, unless we ask him, we’ll have to just assume that...” Jae Shin trailed off, answering Youngbae.

“I-.. I could ask him.” Seunghyun stated, scratching the back of his head.

The doctor nodded. “He may have lost a lot of trust, and may be scared of the others around him.. Do you think he still trusts you?” Smiling, he let out a small ‘heh’, before continuing his sentence. “I mean, he went to hold both your hands, so I was wondering-..”

“He’s my best friend.” Seunghyun cut him off, hiding their relationship status for obvious reasons, although suddenly doubting whether Daesung actually would trust him.

“Besides, if he doesn’t want to stay at home, he can stay in the hospital, can’t he?” Youngbae intervened, noticing how Seunghyun’s expression slightly faltered as he spoke the word ‘best-friend’.

The doctor simply nodded.  “He has to wait for his injuries to heal further before going home, anyway. So we really should be having this conversation from about 2 weeks on.” He placed a hand on his stubble and rubbed it in thought.

The therapist spoke up, rubbing her arms because of the cold. “I get the feeling that after this trauma he’s been through, he’ll need someone with him at all times. If not, it could cause a severe panic attack. After you told me about him, I figured he’s more easily affected than others, and so he’ll need extra care – or at least someone he can lean on.” She continued.

“I can be with him at all times.” Seunghyun stated briefly.

“Daesung can really trust and lean on him, too.” Youngbae added.

She nodded. “Well, that’s settled for me. I’ll get going then, and call you to book an appointment with Daesung. Bring Seunghyun for the appointment.” Holding up a piece of paper that Youngbae had scribbled his number on, she bowed her head politely and walked out, shutting the door behind her.

The Doctor clapped his hands, rubbing them together. “Well, we’ll work hard on his recovery. Come back tomorrow to see his progress, okay?” He voiced, and like the therapist; bowed his head and walked out the room.

Jae Shin looked at Seunghyun and Youngbae. “We still have to find Lee Soon, though. He’s probably onto Jiyong now, so we’ll have to keep an eye out on him.”

“Yeah... So you said there’d be more security measures by our dorm?” Youngbae inquired, scratching an itch near his nose.

Dipping his head, Jae Shin confirmed the statement. “You should tell Daesung that too, when you have the chance.”

Seunghyun looked out the window. “I’m going to spend all the time in the hospital here with Daesung.” He declared to himself. He straightened up, and held his own hand tightly, his fingers linking together. “They’ll be performing a number of tests and checks on him remember, but maybe it’d be good to have him by your side.” Jae Shin added.

Youngbae was about to make a comment when they all heard a scream.

All three leapt up to their feet, before looking at each other in panic. “D-Daesung?” Seunghyun whispered, before turning to the door and swinging it open, running into the hospital room, closely followed by Jae Shin and Youngbae. As they entered his room, Seunghyun stumbled to Daesung, who’s eyes were lifeless and clouded over, and was surrounded by Doctors trying to get him to lie down.

“STOP IT!!” He yelled. His voice was croaky and high pitched from not using it in a while, but it was powered and strong. Tears streamed down his face and he tried to break his grasp from the strange men. He was thrashing about everywhere, and Lee Soon was flashing in his mind and all of a sudden everything hurt one hundred times worse than before.

“He’s having a flashback!” The Doctor yelled to everyone.

Instincts taking over, Seunghyun flew over to Daesung, pushing Doctors away before grabbing Daesung’s cheek with his hand gently, moving Daesung’s head to face him. His eyes were clouded over and it seemed like he wasn’t even properly alive.

“DAESUNG!! Daesung, it’s okay, I’m Seunghyun!” He rushed out, speaking as clear as he could. “Remember me? Seunghyun? Seunghyunnie? I-.. I have dark hair, and you’ve always wanted to see it dyed blue? We share a room now and my hand’s soft against yours... I’m bingu TOP! R-Remember?” He spoke softly, trying to calm his nerves. Daesung seemed to notice he was there finally, and his thrashing calmed down slightly. He stared into Seunghyun’s eyes, and they de-clouded for a few seconds, as though he had gotten over this flashback. Then his body became unresponsive and he fell back, landing in the bedding, much to the relief of the doctors.

Seunghyun panicked and was about to ask what had happened, when he saw one doctor holding a needle that he’d injected into Daesung. “Oh..” He mumbled under his breath.

“That was a flashback.” The Doctor repeated. “He’ll get them frequently, so always alert us when he gets them.” He publicized to everyone in the room – including Seungri and Jiyong who were in the corner, cowering slightly.

The doctor called to them, Youngbae, and Seunghyun. “It’d be best if you went now.” He said, tapping Seungri’s shoulder. Nodding at them, he turned and walked back over to Daesung, asking the nurse what had happened.

Jae Shin looked at the four. “I’m leaving now. I’ll call you soon.” He announced, walking out, shutting the door behind him.

The four stood there in shock.

Seungri latched onto Youngbae’s shirt, wetting it with tears, still petrified at the whole commotion. “What happened?” Youngbae asked to Jiyong, knowing the maknae wouldn’t be able to get a word out.

Jiyong sighed. “A nurse was leaning over him, and she called him an angel or something, and his face froze, like this.” He made a blank expression with his face, widening his eyes slightly. “Then he started whispering ‘no, no, no..’ and when she tried to talk to him he went ‘Stay away from me...’ And then he began thrashing about; even though it musta hurt...” He grimaced. “Anyway, then she and a few other people came in to try and inject that thing into him, and well... He began screaming. It was scary.” Jiyong finished, adding the personal statement at the end.

Sighing, Youngbae nodded, running his fingers through Seungri’s soft black hair, holding him closer. “Let’s go home.” He murmured, gesturing Jiyong to get out his phone to call the vans.

CHAPTER FORTY-SIX - END

A/N: not sure what to say for this an so I'm just going to say that I'm watching Bigbang on IW and it's soooo cuute! i honestly felt for seunghyun in that hip hop game where daesung cut his tshirt into a u-neck.. it was the first time seunghyun had ever 'worn' one!