Limit

Love is Pain

 

They arrived home about 5 minutes later, lead by Jiyong, who was laughing at a text from Dara. Daesung was second last; Seunghyun behind him. They still held hands however, and before they entered, Daesung slightly hesitated, looking over his shoulder before looking ahead, at Youngbae’s encouraging smile, before nodding and placing a foot forwards, feeling braver already.

Daesung took off his shoes, hesitating again before taking off his coat, hanging it neatly. Seunghyun watched as he kicked his shoes in a corner and dropped his sunglasses on top of them. “Ah, my Daesung’s so neat...” He started, earning a small smile from the blond.

Jiyong walked over and put an arm around Daesung. “Not as neat as his hyung, but you’re getting there!” He exclaimed, grinning before turning away to text Dara still.

Daesung turned to face his bedroom door – something he hadn’t seen in over 5 weeks. He latched onto Seunghyun, who smiled and began walking towards the door. “You’ll like what we’ve done with the room. There’s a surprise.” He stopped and pouted thoughtfully. “Well, two surprises.” Then he turned to face Daesung, who smiled and leant against him.

Seunghyun opened the door slowly, and the first thing Daesung saw was two small boxes on the bed. He also saw some cardboard boxes littered everywhere, filled with Seunghyun’s stuff. Widening his mouth a little, he turned to face Seunghyun, who grinned. “I’m your new ‘roommate’! Sorry about the mess..” Daesung just chuckled softly, his heart filling up with... Something. Whatever it was, it made him feel happy and safe and secure.

Seunghyun walked over to the bed, and sat down, Daesung sitting on his lap.

Grabbing one of the two smallest boxes with his right hand, Seunghyun held it up to Daesung. “Open it!” He encouraged. Daesung’s hand brushed on top of Seunghyun’s, and he smiled. “I would’ve made it more romantic, but.. Y’know... I’m too lazy for that kinda thing.” He admitted, scratching the back of his head in amusement.

Daesung grinned and opened the box, something falling out. Seunghyun caught it with his hands and nudged it into Daesung’s. “Here you go.” He mumbled, watching Daesung take in the object with wide eyes.

“I love it...” Daesung murmured quietly; just loud enough for Seunghyun to hear. He smiled at the fact Daesung had spoken normally – not taken over by a flashback or anything, just a simple response. “I’m glad. There’s one for me too, you’ve got to present it to me too! With a speech!” He suddenly gestured to the other box, flapping an arm.

Laughing, Daesung picked up the box. “I love you Seunghyun. Will you have my...” He opened the box. “other couple ring?” he ended, as if he was proposing.

“You mean it? Your other couple ring? Oh of course! I love you more Dae! I love you mooore!” He acted, like one of the girls in those dramas. He put on the ring he had bought for himself and placed it on his middle finger. He beamed at Daesung, placing his ring on his middle finger aswell. “It will protect you forever and ever!!” Seunghyun exclaimed.

Daesung laughed. He did feel a lot happier after placing this ring on him, or it was just the fact Seunghyun had bought it for him. He then stopped and sighed, leaning backwards into Seunghyun, who flopped backwards onto the bed. Only Seunghyun could make him feel more positive after such a thing had happened. He rolled next to Seunghyun and they stared at each other. Daesung’s grin was long gone, and instead he exhaled, turning away from Seunghyun to face the ceiling.

“You okay?” Seunghyun asked quietly, noticing the sudden change in Daesung’s attitude. Daesung nodded slowly, not trusting himself to speak anymore. He leant forwards so he was sitting on the bed again, and put his head in his hands. Seunghyun leant forwards as well – just as Daesung stood up to walk out.

Before Daesung could grab onto the door handle, Seunghyun walked over and put a hand on his wrist to stop him from doing so. He slowly turned Daesung around so they faced each other. They both went silent for a few seconds, staring at each other. Seunghyun leaned forward, slowly beginning to shut his eyes, lips centimetres from Daesung’s.

Until Daesung suddenly pushed him away.

Seunghyun lost his balance and landed on the floor. Standing up, he looked at Daesung with hurt evident in his eyes. Daesung, however, looked terrified. He opened and closed his mouth, trying to explain why he’d pushed Seunghyun away. “I’m sorry-...” Daesung started, hands beginning to tremble. “I didn’t mean to.. I just would pr-.. prefer if you wouldn’t kiss me... at least not until-...” He sighed and turned around. “Sorry.” He then opened the door and paced into the living room, sitting next to Youngbae – who had heard Seunghyun’s rejection. He patted Daesung’s knee and looked up to see Seunghyun still standing; then look down, his lower lip trembling greatly. Seunghyun sighed and walked over to the door, pushing it shut.

Youngbae looked back over to Daesung, who stared down at his trembling hands. Taking his hands off Daesung’s knee and covering Daesung’s hands instead, Youngbae looked back at the TV which played some stupid kids program. “I didn’t mean to say it like that, I just got reminded of the ma-..” Daesung stumbled out his words, tears b into his eyes. Youngbae sighed, and cut his speech off.

“He knows you didn’t mean it like that. He understands, okay?” Youngbae wasn’t sure if Seunghyun understood, but reassured Daesung anyway. “Anyway, we’re glad to have you back.” He added, rubbing Daesung’s fingers.

Daesung nodded. Youngbae then looked over at Jiyong, and beckoned him to take over with a rise of his head. Jiyong walked over and Youngbae stood up, exclaiming he needed to go to the toilet.

No one actually noticed he walked into Seunghyun’s room, instead. 

 

CHAPTER FORTY-NINE - END

A/N: hey.. chapter 49......... that reminds me, I wanna rewatch 49일 again. it's my favourite drama (ever...) T_T