Tears

Love is Pain

 

Youngbae decided to take everyone out for dinner. He still had Daesung’s phone, and was going to give it to Jae Shin some time, maybe when he got back, maybe tomorrow, but first he needed to clear the misunderstanding that Seungri and Jiyong had with Daesung.

They ended up in some expensive restaurant, placed right at the back in a separate room as to not be disturbed by the fans and other people who luckily at the moment, didn’t know they were there.

They were silent until they were served their food.

Seunghyun was too overcast to eat, staring at his plate. He folded his hands under the table to try and stop them shaking.

Youngbae rubbed his back and began eating himself.

“You need to eat, Seunghyun...” Youngbae spoke cautiously, taking a sip of water.

“And you need to not eat with your mouth full. That’s gross.” Seunghyun spoke back, a weak attempt at humour. He couldn’t eat when Daesung was out there somewhere. Just the thought of someone abusing his smiling saviour caused his heart rate to decrease and increase suddenly.

Seungri looked down. He was afraid of looking up and causing conflicting eye contact with Seunghyun, who most likely would lash out on him.

Youngbae exhaled. “Ji, Ri, we need to show you something. It’ll hopefully explain quite a lot. Don’t make a big deal out of it, though.”

Youngbae handed them Daesung’s phone. Youngbae had covered it in another phone case so if those people were watching; they wouldn’t know.

Hopefully.

Seungri’s eyes widened, and he almost choked on his food. Jiyong on the other hand, who was holding the phone, leaned in closer, reading more of these texts received to Daesung; not quite believing what it was that he saw.

Youngbae took the phone back, smiling sympathetically. “Don’t talk about it. I don’t know what’d happen.”

Nodding slowly, the two looked at each other, this new information setting off bombs in their heads.

Seungri crossed his hands, sniffing almost mournfully. If only he had known... Then nothing would’ve happened.

He felt Youngbae’s arms wrap around his waist, and a chaste kiss being placed on his temple. Then on his lips. Turning around so he faced Youngbae, he wrapped his arms around Youngbae’s waist, to return the delicate gesture.

No one saw Seunghyun stand up and walk to the bathroom, muttering an incoherent excuse.

Not even Jiyong, who was deep in thought; not even noticing Youngbae’s kiss.

Not until everyone heard the door slam.

Youngbae looked up and sighed. Rubbing Seungri’s back, he stood up to go and comfort Seunghyun; and possibly bring him back.

Opening the door, Youngbae immediately saw Seunghyun leaning against the wall, a blank expression on his face, but his glistening eyes were telling a different story. They were fixated on the wall in front of him, shining with sadness and regret. His arms were folded tightly; but it didn’t help hide the fact his whole body shook.

The first drop of tear was about to fall from his eyes. He blinked it twice away.

Youngbae put a hand on Seunghyun’s shoulder, rubbing his collarbone slightly with his thumb. “Is everything alright?”

Seunghyun turned his head from him, moving his eyes to focus onto different places on the floor, and swallowed, taking a heavy breath. "M’fine."

Moving to face him, Youngbae lifted up Seunghyun’s chin with his free hand. “Are you sure? If you’re feeling sad, you can cry. You can hug me. I’ll be there.” He spoke, all the care he felt for his Hyung coming out in a few sentences.

Hearing the warm, loving, worrying tone Youngbae held, Seunghyun’s lower lip trembled, along with the corners of his mouth; not knowing whether he should smile or not. His face creased and he inhaled loudly, resting his eyes on the wall.

Then, he broke.

His tears leaked down his face, and he slid down the wall, falling to his knees.

Acting upon loving instinct, Youngbae crouched down and placed his arms around Seunghyun, rocking him back and forth gently. Seunghyun shut his eyes, as an attempt to stop tears falling, but unluckily, they didn’t.

They didn’t stop for a short while.

He was trying hard not to make a noise, taking short gasps of air every few seconds, his throat feeling like it was constricting. He slowly wrapped his arms around Youngbae.

“We’ve... We’ve got t-to find him, Bae..” He whispered; barely inaudible. Life without Daesung.. He couldn’t think what it would be like. After everything, he...

He needed Daesung.

So much.

He stood up slowly, sighing. He wiped his tears with the back of his hands and helped Youngbae up. Maybe it should’ve been the other way around. Either way, they both ended up on their feet.

Seunghyun was still shaking slightly, but he gave Youngbae a weak smile. Somehow he felt lighter.

“Let’s go.” He mumbled.

Youngbae nodded and held out his hand to Seunghyun, offering comfort but Seunghyun refused - he didn’t really want the others to worry about him so much.

Seunghyun seemed back to normal when he returned, and he ate food, trying to seem a lot happier than he was; laughing loudly at his own exaggerated jokes that weren’t that funny, downing almost a whole glass of beer, much to the worry of Youngbae, Seungri and Jiyong.

“Can we go?” Seunghyun asked, scratching his eyebrow. It was boring here, and he had finished eating. He wanted a shower too.

Youngbae nodded and stood up. “We paid when we ordered the food, so I suppose there’s no reason that we can’t, huh?” He asked, watching Seungri stand up too and nod.

“I don’t see why not,” Seungri started.

----

Seunghyun yawned as he walked through the front door. “I’m sleepy.. Jiyong-ah.. I’m sleeping with you, no ‘but’s!” He emphasized, sitting on the couch. Jiyong sat next to him.

“Only if you don’t steal the covers off me, okay?” He responded. He hoped that was the right response, as Seunghyun seemed to be faking this ‘I’m fine’ act, so Jiyong might as well go along with him.

Seunghyun laughed.

A little too hard.

“Ah, But Jiyong, I can’t help being cold, can I? You should be paying all respects to the eldest and weakest member, no?”

Jiyong smirked slightly. “Then I’ll get two blankets.”

Seunghyun raised an eyebrow. “Two blankets? I don’t need two blankets Ji..”

Jiyong was about to protest, when Youngbae’s phone rang noisily.

Youngbae rapidly pulled it out of his pocket, letting out an anxious breath when he saw the fact it was from an unknown number on it and held it up to his ear, hoping it wasn’t who he thought it was.

He was wrong.

“Hey, Taeyang. It’s me.”

Gulping, Youngbae looked around the room. Seunghyun’s eyes were staring at the device in Youngbae’s hands; the caller’s voice loud enough to be heard from the few feet away where Seunghyun was.

“Wha-... What do you want?”

“Oh, nothing much right now. I’m in a bad mood. And my actions depend on my mood. To be honest, I’ve been in a bad mood for a long time. Did you want to see Daesung alive?”

Youngbae’s heart snapped like a rubber band.

“Wha-... What have you done to him?” He whispered harshly.

The person on the other line chuckled softly. “Wouldn’t you like to know. Well, you’ll find out soon. What if I sent a picture?”

Shutting his eyes, Youngbae cursed under his breath. “You better not have done anything bad to him.”

He heard the person scoff. “Oh, say hi to Jiyong for me. I’m going to text him later, actually.”

There was a loud click. Then a long beep.

“Disconnected...” Youngbae uttered.

Jiyong’s face was frozen in a blank expression. That voice sounded like...

“I think I know who he is.” He stated, now positive who that voice was.

Everyone looked at him.

Youngbae ran over and planted himself next to Jiyong. “Text Jae Shin now! He’s the detective on this case!!” He shoved his hand into Jiyong’s hand.

Jiyong nodded and began typing a new text message.

Seunghyun stood up. His breathing was laboured and his eyes began shining again. He didn’t really want anyone to see that, though. “I’m going to bed-“ He started, only to be interrupted by a hand on his arm.

“Don’t go.” Was all Youngbae said, before pulling him back down.

Seunghyun huffed, then sat down and held his knees up to his chest, trying to pressurize his chest. It helped with the heartache, for some reason.

Jiyong sent the text. Then turned around, sighing. Seungri sat down onto the floor, as there was no room for another person on the couch. Plus, he felt safer between Youngbae’s legs.

“He sounds like that guy Lee Soon who Seunghyun and I went to perform for his birthday. He asked for my number, but.. I don’t know, he sounded familiar even meeting him for the first time.”

Seunghyun tried to focus on what Jiyong was saying. “Wait.. Do you think...?” He started off, wheels turning in his mind.

Jiyong glanced at him. “Who?”

Seunghyun just shook his head and kept his gaze down.

Youngbae sighed and looked up at the ceiling. “Was there anyone else that you’ve ever known that has some sort of.. grudge against you? That had a similar voice?” He then sat up straight, eyes widening and jaw dropping.

The others also thought of someone who could be holding some sort of grudge against him.

“You think it’s...?” Seunghyun repeated himself, looking around at everyone.

Jiyong blinked, averting his gaze. “We’ll just have to wait and see.”

As the last syllable slipped out his mouth, his phone vibrated.

Heaving a sigh, he got it out and opened the text.

From: Unknown

Lemme keep him for a while Ji..
I think I’m starting to like him more than u. ;)

To: Kwon Jiyong

There was a picture attachment under the message. Taking a deep breath,  surrounded by the others, his fingers hovered over the ‘open’ button.

Youngbae patted Jiyong’s arm, urging him to open it.

Sighing, Jiyong pressed it.

Then gasped and dropped the phone in shock.

CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE - END

A/N: thanks for all the comments, views and subscribers!! Love you all ^_^ <3