Collection

Love is Pain

 

Youngbae walked into the front room, followed by the others. He had to carry a sleeping Seungri in his arms. Jiyong had his arm around Seunghyun’s waist, and guided him forwards.

“He’s okay, and that’s all that matters for the moment.” Seunghyun declared, walking over to the fridge to get a bottle of beer, then opening it, pouring the refreshing liquid into his mouth, swallowing it with appreciation. Youngbae looked over to the bottle and shook his head. “I’m going to put Seungri in bed, guys. See you tomorrow.” He claimed, yawning himself as he walked to the door of his and Seungri’s room. They hadn’t switched their stuff over yet, but Youngbae was going to be the roommate of Seungri, and not Jiyong, who was going to sleep in Seunghyun’s room. Seunghyun was going to be in Daesung’s room with him, something he was really excited about.

Youngbae leaned down to open the door of their room, then walked in, kicking it shut with his foot. He undressed into pyjamas, and changed Seungri into pyjamas; which he found exciting, before slipping them both into bed, grabbing Seungri and pulling his head onto his chest, the smell of his shampoo making his heart bubble.

Jiyong and Seunghyun had ended up on the couch together, drinking beer and talking.

“Oh yeah, Lydia Paek finished the rest of my song for me. By that, I mean that I rapped it, and gave it to her. She added the music and stuff.” Seunghyun spoke, smiling slightly. “It’ll be released soon, well, at least in the next month or two.”

Jiyong nodded. “Come to think of it, everyone’s still expecting me to release a new song. I’ll have to take Seungri to the studio with me tomorrow..” He remembered their conversation in the hospital.

Scoffing, Seunghyun took another swig of beer and yawned. “Let’s go to bed now.” He declared, standing up and walking to the door of his old room, motioning Jiyong to join him.

As they walked in, Jiyong looked around. “Can’t wait to have my own room now.” He claimed, thinking of all the Seungri-free days to come. Seunghyun chuckled and threw some pyjamas at him, as well as taking out some for myself.

Jiyong put on a pair of Seunghyun’s pyjamas, and slipped into the bed. “This is the comfiest mattress in the world..” He whispered to himself, hearing Seunghyun laugh.

Seunghyun got into the bed beside him, and turned off the light. He turned to his side; his back facing Jiyong. He sighed to himself in relief. He was so glad Daesung was finally awake.

----

When Seunghyun woke, Jiyong was already gone. Pulling himself out of bed successfully for the first time, Seunghyun stretched his arms. It felt like he’d been sleeping forever. He looked over to his digital clock. What time was it anyway? 11:47. Well, . He walked to the kitchen, contemplating whether or not to shower. He stopped by a mirror, and looked at his forehead.

There was a scar from the accident he’d had with the shower.

Letting out an exasperated sigh, he touched it with his fingers, seeing Youngbae on the couch, absorbed in a book. Youngbae looked over and nodded his ‘morning’s. Seunghyun got out an apple from a bowl and sunk his teeth into the sweet, crisp fruit.

He walked over to Youngbae and sat down next to him, reading over his shoulder. He frowned when he saw the words. It was in an entirely different language, so he had no idea what it said. It looked Japanese.

“When are we going to the hospital?” Seunghyun inquired, wanting to see Daesung.

“I was waiting for you.” Youngbae replied briefly, smiling at Seunghyun. In truth, Youngbae expected Seunghyun to be sadder than this, but as long as Seunghyun was okay, then it was good.

Seunghyun stood up immediately. “Oh? Then, I’ll change!” He spurted, shower thoughts rushing out of his mind as he wanted to get to Daesung quickly.

He changed into some simple dark jeans, a dark t-shirt, a blue blazer, some brown and silver bracelets, and put on a white belt. He grabbed a dark grey hat and put it on for good measure. Staring at himself in the mirror, he put some dark, plain, sunglasses on. Hopefully, the bright blue blazer would distract everyone from his poorly-taken care of face.

He was about to turn around and walk out, when he glanced back at the mirror.

Sighing, he removed the blazer. It’d attract too much attention, and it didn’t matter who saw him, anyway. He didn’t want to be seen. He placed on a grey sweatshirt and took one last look in the mirror, before nodding and walking out.

Youngbae was wearing tracksuit bottoms and a white wife-beater, along with a black beanie. His hair hadn’t been mohawked yet from what Seunghyun could see, and it stuck out slightly from under the beanie. “You’re going to freeze.” Seunghyun stated. Youngbae laughed, standing up and placing his book to one side. “You’re right. I’ll get on a coat.” He walked into the room with all his stuff in, and put a bright red coat, leaving it ped. Seunghyun sighed. So much for not attracting attention.

“Let’s go.” Youngbae stated, placing on silver rimmed sunglasses aswell, walking over to the small pile of shoes by the door. He placed on some white high-tops. He would’ve chose something else, but most of his shoes were in his room.

Seunghyun just put on some plain black shoes.

Sitting in the van, Youngbae and Seunghyun discussed random conversations that floated into their minds; from Dara, to Daesung, to the book Youngbae was reading. It was just a language book,  which Seunghyun nodded to.

They arrived at the hospital.

Going the back entrance, they raced to Daesung’s room.

He was sleeping as doctors were talking to each other in hushed whispers. Upon seeing the two, the doctors nodded and walked towards them, waiting for Youngbae and Seunghyun to walk in to walk out.

Seunghyun smiled and walked over to Daesung’s bedside, taking a limp hand in his. It was a lot warmer, and the colour was returning to his skin. Youngbae grinned, sitting the other side of the bed and taking hold of another hand. “He looks a lot healthier..” Spoke Youngbae, the both of them relieved. They both took off their sunglasses, placing them on the side.

“Do... You think he’ll speak?” Seunghyun inquired, rubbing Daesung’s fingers gently. Youngbae pondered the question. Daesung had been screaming a lot yesterday; but wouldn’t that mean his throat would be too sore to function? Or, would it mean Daesung could speak now?

“I really don’t know.. Maybe.” Youngbae answered. 

Daesung’s eyes slowly opened, and blinked a few times upon hearing the conversation above him. He looked up and saw Seunghyun slowly nodding, biting his lip. Noticing the opened eyes, Seunghyun looked down. “Oh, hi Dae! Glad you’re awake. Youngbae’s here!” He spoke lovingly, flashing a smile. He looked softly into Daesung’s eyes at all time, as Youngbae and him had discussed in the car on the way there.

Daesung smiled back slowly. The first smile Seunghyun had seen from him in ages. It made his heart twist inside and made him smile more.

Daesung then turned his head slowly to see Youngbae. Youngbae smiled and aswell, stared softly into Daesung’s eyes. It made him really happy to see a positive response coming from Daesung. “Hey Dae.” He whispered, not daring to raise his voice any louder.

Seunghyun needed to talk to Daesung about whether he wanted to stay in the hospital or stay at home, but couldn’t find it anywhere in him to break this precious moment that they were having together.

Wanting to his hair, Seunghyun raised his hand and raised it, holding it about 10 inches from his face. He didn’t want to cause a flashback, and wasn’t sure what apart from the word ‘angel’ would cause one. “Can I brush my hand through your hair?” He asked. He held it up so Daesung could see that it wasn’t Lee Soon’s.

Daesung stared at it. He then nodded; slowly.

Seunghyun thanked him and slowly lowered his hand onto the top of Daesung’s head – not touching his head directly; as Seunghyun didn’t know whether there were any injuries there, and slowly ran his hand through Daesung’s bleached hair. He needed to re-dye it soon, as the roots were just starting to come through.

Seunghyun ran his hand through Daesung’s hair about 5 times, cherishing the soft feel of it, before stopping himself and removing it gently. He wanted to kiss Daesung; to wipe away his pain, but that would probably cause a flashback aswell.

Youngbae looked at the two and felt tears forming in his eyes. He raised a hand to wipe them. The fact that after waiting so long for Daesung; and now having to really restrict himself around him made Youngbae just want to give Seunghyun a huge hug, wiping away the unseen tears. He knew it hurt Seunghyun to be like this, and it hurt even more to see the expression plastered on his face.

That longing expression.. The smile that didn’t match his eyes; which seemed heartbroken and shattered. The slight tremble of his hand as he fought the urge not to grab hold of Daesung’s shoulder and pull him into the hug that he’d been craving, he knew. And it hurt him aswell. To see his friend like this... To see both of his friends like this, made him want to cry and scream for them.

His lip trembled and he bit on it, trying not to shed tears, or to do that sniff he did before he burst into tears. So he held his breath at the scene before him. Seunghyun stared at Daesung softly, who stared back aswell. It was like Daesung was trying to inspect Seunghyun – to see if it was really him.

Youngbae stood up. “I’m uh, going to the toilet.” He mumbled, grabbing his sunglasses and walking out the door and towards the toilets, where he managed to hide his tears just in time.

The room was empty and Seunghyun figured it’d be a good time to talk to Daesung.

“Hey, Dae... Can I ask you something?” He inquired, staring deep into the pool of Daesung’s eyes – trying to figure out what lay at the bottom. Daesung slowly nodded, moving his hand upwards to grab the hand that lay by Seunghyun’s side into a small grasp. Seunghyun smiled slightly, interlocking his fingers with Daesung’s. “Would...” He started. He never planned out what to say.

He started again, clearing your throat. “Would you, when you recover in here, would you like to... Come back home? Or.. Stay here?” Seunghyun asked, stumbling on a few of his words, but keeping his word-pace steady.

Daesung shrugged slightly, and slowly considered it. He tapped one finger onto Seunghyun’s hand.

“Huh?” Seunghyun quizzed, trying to work out what the ‘one tap’ meant. Realizing Daesung probably meant ‘the first one’, he nodded. “Oh.. You want to come home with us?” He asked, confirming it.

Daesung nodded, giving out a small smile. Seunghyun smiled back. “Right. Good.” He spoke. He didn’t know what else to say to Daesung at that moment in time. “I love you.” He whispered simply, instead of thinking of a better conversation.

Sighing, Seunghyun blinked, watching Daesung’s eyes shut. He was falling into another one of those long sleeps, which he’d usually wake up from the minute after Seunghyun left.

“Why won’t you talk...?” Seunghyun quietly mumbled, rubbing Daesung’s fingers together. It wasn’t a real question to Daesung; only rhetorical, as he knew Daesung would have to talk to answer it.

He felt the door open and Youngbae walked in again. “Hey,” he mumbled, sitting down and watching the two.

“Oh, by the way...” Seunghyun started. “Daesung said to me that he wants to go home when he’s recovered.”

Youngbae began to nod, but then stopped through the second bob of his head. “He talked to you??” He asked. At least Daesung trusted him enough.

Seunghyun shook his head, looking to the ground. “No. I asked him and he confirmed it with his fingers.” Youngbae creased his eyebrows softly, confused at the explanation. “Do you think he’ll speak soon?” Seunghyun wondered to Youngbae, stressing the ‘you’ to make it sound like he’d already asked everyone else.

“Of course. He already has, remember yesterday?” Youngbae immediately responded. “Let’s just give him some time.”

“Yeah.”  

CHAPTER FORTY-SEVEN - END

A/N: I think I might start a gri fic sometime. *shrugs* hope you enjoyed the chapter!! ^^