Screaming

Love is Pain

 

Daesung exhaled. He didn’t want to answer Seunghyun’s question, at least, not yet.

He took in a deep breath. Everything was stressful now. His phone kept going off with damn messages from everyone, he was pretty sure there had been a few from the company, but he ignored those. He tossed his phone to the other end of the bed.

He was alone. All alone.

Thoughts began do devour him, feed on his emotions, leaving him numb.

What had he done?

Knocking on the door became evident as his silence resumed.

He shut his eyes and opened his mouth, took in a deep breath and screamed so loudly his throat hurt along with his head, and then he screamed again, and again, and again…

He pulled at his hair, yanked at the fabric of his thin vest, never noticing it tear; he screamed and raged and clawed at his own skin, suddenly feeling so ashamed by himself that he wanted to rip his own face off his rotten flesh.

He held his head, still screaming even though his voice already started to fail him and his lungs started to burn.

And then his scream turned into loud sobbing, and he fell forward onto the bed, crying helplessly until there were no tears left.

Jerky gasps replaced the sobs, and he fell silent again; he felt so weak, so tired, and yet he couldn't fall asleep. His eyes stayed open, stared at the world outside. No sound was heard from outside his door.

But then, he heard Jiyong.

“Daesung... Daesung are you alright? P-Please, Daesung... Are y-you okay? Daesung..” Jiyong sounded terrified. In truth, he was. He came back seeing Youngbae and Seungri outside Daesung’s door, crying silently together, then a huge scream, sobs, gasps...

Daesung’s voice failed him. He fell into a deep slumber.

“Sleep in our room tonight,” Jiyong announced, noticing the panda-like eyes adorning Youngbae. “I’m going to call Seunghyun. I think we need him.”

He picked up his phone and rang Seunghyun.

The phone didn’t answer.

Jiyong sighed and dialled again.

And again.

Again.

Still no reply.

Jiyong contemplated walking out and getting Seunghyun, but he couldn’t leave anyone here. Instead, he called Seunghyun’s nurse, someone whom he actually knew, thank god.

“Ji?”

“Please, I need you to discharge Seunghyun and send him over quickly.”

“Why-“

“Don’t ask why. Tell him it’s really important. We need him right now.”

“Well... That’s up to him, but I’ll call you back in a few minutes okay? I’m in the ward next door.”

“Can you ask now?”

“Sure...”

A few moments of silence bloomed as the nurse went to get Seunghyun, who was talking to the doctor.

Jiyong hear footsteps walk back, and pick up the phone a suspenseful minute  later.

“He can go, but don’t make him do crazy weird things. His head still hurts. How would he get home?”

“I’ll have a van pick him up. Thank you so much.”

“It’s nothing.”

Jiyong hung up and walked back to the two hanging helplessly onto each other. He hauled them off the ground and walked them into his room. “Sleep in my room. I’ll sleep on the sofa tonight, okay?”

The two nodded cautiously, and as Jiyong left, shutting the door quietly, they leant on each other, sharing each other’s body heat, hands trailing over bodies. Not intimately, it was a gesture to comfort each other.

---

Almost an hour had passed. Seungri and Youngbae had fallen asleep entangled in each other, Daesung hadn’t woken up from his fit, and Jiyong sat on the couch, staring at the two doors. In the silence, he wondered how Daesung felt.

At this moment, he really did.

A knock on the door was heard, and Jiyong exhaled, relieved. Finally.

He opened the door to find Seunghyun clad in basic clothing – his clothes from the accident, freshly washed, and a bag of all the fan mail, and another bag filled with presents, everything.

He walked in, after bowing to the van drivers who had supported him the way.

The van men left, leaving Seunghyun and Jiyong alone.

Seunghyun sighed, sitting immediately on the couch, Jiyong sitting next to him. “What is it?” He questioned straight away, wanting to get down to the point. He’d been having an interesting conversation with the doctor...

“It’s Daesung.” Jiyong almost whispered.

Seunghyun drew in a sharp breath. How could he forget? He felt guilty and he hadn’t even known what had happened yet. He dared himself to ask.

“W-What is it?”

Jiyong rested his hand on Seunghyun’s knee, not wanting to say the real answer but, well, not having much of a choice.

“I guessed he began to regret what he said.. He walked into his room, locked the door.. I went out, and from what I heard, he was silent, and didn’t answer anyone.. I came back, knocking on his door.. I was so scared he’d done something again... Then he began screaming. It was like a fit. That’s how I’m describing it. He screamed for ages... Then started to cry.. He kept crying after that.. And then... it was silent again. I don’t know what’s happened but you need to go in there. Somehow, I don’t give a . At least let us know he’s at least breathing.”

Seunghyun’s heart smashed painfully against his ribs. He looked around, mouth opening. His frantic unsteady gaze landed upon Daesung’s door. He quickly got up, almost falling over, and stumbled across to Daesung’s silent room.

He banged on the door as loud as he could.

“Daesung! DAESUNG!!!”

"Se-... Seungyhun?"

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO – END

A/N: *cries* T__T