Fighting

Love is Pain

 

The van-drivers dropped the five off at the YG building, and just as expected – there were fangirls waiting. No one actually knew if they knew what was going on, but they probably had to get inside the building fast – judging by Daesung’s expression twist into panic.

Seunghyun walked from the front while Youngbae put an arm around Daesung and led him forwards. The fangirls were shouting their names loudly and waving a sign each. Drawing himself to look at them, Daesung suddenly felt a small smile tug on his lips. “WE LOVE DAESUNG!”, “DAESUNG FIGHTING!”, they read.

Daesung bowed at a 90 degree angle to them. They squealed and ran over to him, suddenly inducing him into a panicked state.

But they didn’t hit him, slap him, or tell him he was supposed to bow lower. Or utter hateful words.

No, they didn’t. As he went up, they wrapped their arms around him and enveloped him in a tight hug. “Daesung we love you!” They cooed. Daesung felt his signature smile make a surprise comeback at those words, and he wrapped his arms around them back.

“Thank you,” He whispered just so they could hear. They squealed and let go, waving the signs in his face before bowing to him and the other members and running away, holding each other by the tips of their fingers.

Youngbae wrapped an arm around him, leading him yet again to the building. “Can’t keep the fangirls off you, huh?” He joked, chuckling to himself as if the joke had actually been funny, and walked into the building.

As soon as they got in, Seunghyun wrapped his arms around Daesung. “’M proud of you, Dae,” He murmured. And what he said was 110% true. Daesung hadn’t freaked out or anything. “Maybe this stage-thing will do you some good.” At least, Seunghyun believed it to be true. If he’d gotten this kind of reaction from 2 fangirls, then what’d he be like with at least 200? It was a small concert, so it definitely wasn’t going to be packed with other people, which Seunghyun liked. If 200 fans could act like 2 fangirls did, it’d definitely raise Daesung’s self-esteem, self-confidence... It could raise it all.

Seunghyun smiled and rubbed Daesung’s shoulder with his thumb.

They arrived at the studio. Youngbae rubbed his hands together. “Well... YG should be here soon and tell us stuff. I think. I dunno.”

Jiyong laughed and leant to Seungri’s ear. “This is why he shouldn’t be in charge of these things.” Seungri laughed back.

Youngbae raised an eyebrow. “Got something to share?” He asked.

Shrugging, Jiyong sat on a chair and crossed his legs casually. “Your unprofessionalism,” He smiled.

Youngbae scoffed. “Excuse you?” He scratched his head with his fingertips. “I’m just trying to help Bigbang make a comeback while you just sleep and laugh at me?” He didn’t mean to sound so angry, but deep inside it was true. He was making a big deal about a small joke, but it wasn’t exactly a joke for him.

Seungri saw the flame flicker in Youngbae’s eyes and stood up hesitantly. “Uh, guys, there’s no need to fight over this...”

Jiyong just ignored Seungri and folded his arms. “Oh so we’re fighting now?” He looked at Youngbae and twisted the corners of his mouth into a faked smile. He then let his smile drop. “I could probably do a better job than you with my eyes shut,” he bluntly admitted.

“Can you just shut the up?” Youngbae suddenly raged, clenching his fists and walking over to Jiyong, grabbing him by his collar and pinning him against the wall, the chair tipping on its side and falling to the floor. “I’m trying my ing best right now, and none of us need your stupid right now, so if you feel it’s necessary to be a , then get the out of here. I don’t care anymore. Just get out.” He hissed.

“FINE!” Jiyong yelled. “If you’re going to get this ing upset over-... Over a ing joke, then I will!” He ripped himself from Youngbae’s grasp, and then walked to the door. He hesitated halfway, and turned around, walking back over to Youngbae. “Oh, by the way...”

He punched Youngbae on the jaw. “Stop being so ing dumb and learn to take a goddamn joke.” He then his heel and slammed the door loudly.

The room was left in silence.

Seungri looked around quickly at the others, before deciding he should attempt to bring Jiyong back and try to restore peace within the members. He mumbled an excuse and paced to the door - ignoring Youngbae’s yell that he shouldn’t bring Jiyong back to the dance practise room otherwise he wouldn’t be in it, opening it slowly and looking down the corridor to see if he could see where Jiyong had gone. He looked left and sure enough, Jiyong was leant against the wall a few feet away, fists clenched and his figure slumping, head tilted backwards and eyes shut tightly. His breathing was shaky and loud, and his body was trembling in what seemed like held-in rage, although Seungri knew that wasn’t the case. He slowly made his way over to Jiyong, before tapping his shoulder slightly.

Jiyong jerked and opened his eyes, before recognising Seungri’s hesitant figure. “Seungri?” He let out a heavy sigh and sank to the floor. Seungri dropped down next to him and they fell into a short silence, in which Jiyong broke with another short sigh. “You should probably go back,” He started, gazing absentmindedly forwards. “You’d probably make Bae more upset than he is.” He unconsciously began biting his nail, causing Seungri to lightly grab his hand and hold it gently in his.

“Only if you come with me,” Seungri looked at Jiyong. Jiyong, who was surprised that Seungri had held his hand looked back, and their gazes met briefly. “Please don’t go...” Seungri whispered to Jiyong as they gazed at each other, and to be honest, Seungri’s actions somehow scared Jiyong a bit. It was a weird feeling.

“Yeah, but I doubt Bae would approve of me going back in there. He’d probably prefer to just cross me out along with Dae, to be honest” Jiyong broke their gaze and looked down at Seungri’s hand holding his, and tightened his grip a little, then leant his head onto Seungri’s shoulder. The corridor felt into a somewhat uncomfortable silence. It was broken a few minutes later by Jiyong’s voice which had adopted a quivering tone. “This is the first fight we’ve had, Ri.” Seungri rubbed his thumb over the back of Jiyong’s palm slowly. “I didn’t like it. I mean, I was joking, but then I guess he took it the wrong way... Maybe today’s just not a good day for him. But then again, he was fine in the morning-..”

Seungri sighed. “I’m sure today’s just not his day. He didn’t make me any panda-pancakes...” He watched Jiyong’s face twist into a short smile.

“Hey.. What is it with you and panda-pancakes anyway...? It’s not like they’re nice...” Jiyong retorted.

“Excuse you, but they’re heaven.” Seungri replied quickly. Jiyong laughed at the quick response and let his left hand trail onto Seungri’s wrist – above where their hands entwined together. He lifted his head, rested it against the wall and stared into Seungri’s eyes; where they stayed.

“Heaven? But they’re the same as normal pancakes, which you don’t even like...”

“No they’re not! Panda pancakes have a special ingredient used in them!”

“What’s this ingredient then? Why’s it so special?”

“It’s love!”

Jiyong burst into laughter. “You can make anything with love, Ri...”

“Really? You have to use real love, not that fake stuff.”

“..What?”

“You have to really love something to make them! Or someone. Maybe if you love me, you’d make them all for me.”

“Geez, you’re so vain...”

“I’m not vain, Ji! Just...” Seungri struggled for a few seconds to think of a word.

Jiyong laughed at the few seconds it took Seungri to think of a word, and then stopped him before he could say anything else. “See?!”

They both burst into laughter which lasted a few seconds. They then fell into their third  and most comfortable silence, to which neither of them felt like breaking. They were just sitting down, holding hands, staring into each other’s eyes, smiles not leaving their faces.

If Jiyong could write a diary entry, he’d title the moment that followed his ‘creepiest feeling’. Because at that moment, that moment that followed, he wanted to kiss Seungri. He wanted to kiss him, and hug him, and lean on him, and... He wanted Seungri to do the same back.

It was an absurd feeling, to which erased a fraction of Jiyong’s smile, but he couldn’t draw himself away from Seungri’s twinkling eyes, or his lips, or the tiny dimple that was apparent by the bottom of his face when he smile shone.

And if he were to tell someone about the events that followed, he’d probably say it was out of ‘maknae love’, but that wasn’t it. It definitely wasn’t. It was out of ‘Seungri love’. Because he leaned forwards and placed a chaste kiss on the corner of Seungri’s mouth – not his lips, but close enough to them. Seungri’s eyes widened and for a second Jiyong thought he’d freak out and walk away, but Seungri just smiled and patted his head, squeezed his hand tighter. Seungri then lost the smile and opened his mouth to say something, but Jiyong coughed and looked away. “Let’s go back in,” He stated, standing up and pulling Seungri up with him. Seungri never got a chance to finish as Jiyong opened the door and lightly pushed Seungri into the practise room first to face a pacing Youngbae and a tense Seunghyun who had his arm slung around Daesung.

Youngbae looked at the two and huffed. “Decided to stop acting like a useless ?”

“Please don’t say that, Bae..” Ri spoke in a short whisper. Youngbae looked at Seungri, and his face softened a little but tightened again when he switched his gaze back to Jiyong. Jiyong was looking down at the floor, trembling slightly, but then looked up.

“I’m just here for practise. I’ll go after.” The tone Jiyong spoke with wasn’t the strong tone he had used before, and if he could explain why, it was probably when he’d kissed Seungri earlier the strength had almost been out of him.

Seunghyun stood up. “Well... Let’s just start. We’ll deal with you guys when we get back, okay?” He squeezed Daesung’s hand once and then let go. “Right, so what I was thinking we could do for the first song...”

------

A few hours later, they’d discussed dance routines, what Daesung would do, practised and finally decided they were going to come back the next day. Jiyong didn’t really contribute to the conversations much, only ever speaking up when something could be done better. He pretty much avoided Youngbae and Seungri the entire time, staying close to Seunghyun and Daesung. It wasn’t like he spoke any more with Seunghyun and Daesung, he just stuck with them. He felt a little useless. He felt hidden emotions rise when he watched Seungri help an already pissed off Youngbae with his movements, which should’ve been impossible as Youngbae was already an amazing dancer, but he didn’t help anyone else. He didn’t help anyone else, who were probably worse than Youngbae. No, he only had eyes for Youngbae, which Jiyong tried to ignore. But Youngbae was being incredibly moody.

“You gotta pretend you’re slicing a really tough piece of meat uh... above you... Here, I’ll show you.”

Seungri sliced his arm up and down in the air, demonstrating to Youngbae what he needed to do. Youngbae just grunted back. “I know how to do it, Ri.”

Jiyong watched Youngbae do it back, then look to Seungri with a face as if to say ‘See?’. Youngbae then looked away and his and Jiyong’s gazes locked.

They both looked away from each other.

Sooner or later it was 4pm and they’d pretty much finished with practise. Jiyong was the first to leave, mumbling a short “Bye.” and ignoring Seungri’s protests, and the hand that reached for his wrist. He paced quickly out the room and took out his phone, sending a text to Dara, because maybe, all these stupid emotions were because he hadn’t seen Dara. That was it, wasn’t it?

To: Dara <3

In YG building. Gonna come see you~~ ^^

From: Kwon Jiyong

He sighed and turned off his phone because he kept getting text messages from Seungri and walked down to the cafeteria, where he knew she’d be, and smiled seeing her reading the text he’d sent her. He sat down next to her – which surprised her, and asked if he could stay at hers for possibly a few nights. Because it wasn’t like the others would be lonely without him.

Youngbae huffed at Jiyong’s department, and turned to face the other three. “It’s the same time tomorrow,” He went to pick up his water bottle, taking a long sip. Seungri was sitting on the floor, sending Jiyong endless texts. He wanted to know if Jiyong would come tomorrow, and now that he’d had some time to reflect, after Jiyong’s sudden gesture he’d been avoiding him. At least, in Seungri’s mind he had.

“Let’s just go home,” Daesung spoke, looking at the others. Seunghyun nodded and walked to the door, letting the others go out before him before turning off the light and shutting the door behind him gently.

CHAPTER FIFTY-NINE

A/N: Plot twist :O

And in other news, apparently EXO's new album is released sometime this month... you think it's just another troll or the real thing? kekeke. Kris changed his hair so I'm thinking maybe it's true wahoo.. :D

I didn't really enjoy the Wolf song though. Lmao. Did anyone enjoy/not enjoy it? Are there any EXO fans reading? Who's your bias? (mine's probably Kris...^^)

... This isn't really bigbang LOL