Improvisation

Love is Pain

 

He walked out to see Daesung with his head in a recipe book, stirring something in a pan with his free hand. Seunghyun stalked over to Daesung, and then wrapped his arms around him, causing the latter to yelp in fright and jerk his hand – causing it to brush against the burning hot metal pan. He gasped in pain, and without hesitation, tears swelled up in Daesung’s eyes. Seunghyun rebuked himself mentally and grabbed onto Daesung’s wrist, inspecting the injury. “Oh Dae...” Seunghyun started, seeing a line on the back of his hand turn an ugly shade of red. “I’m so sorry...”

Daesung shook his head. “N-No, it’s okay..” He was obviously trying not to cry at the pain – which Seunghyun acknowledged. He sighed and gently pulled Daesung by his wrist.

“Come on, let’s fix that.” He walked over to the freezer and opened it, taking out a few ice-cubes. He then cringed internally. He’d only seen people fix burns on TV... They’d gotten out ice, and... What did they do after that?

He opted on getting a small cup and placing the ice cubes in there. So he did. But then, when he tried to gently place Daesung’s hand in it, he found out it was too small for Daesung’s hand to actually fit inside it. “Well, .” He uttered in defeat.

“Seunghyun, you do this..!” Daesung was giggling softly as he walked over to the tap and turned it onto the cold setting with his good hand, then tugged on his hand held captive. Seunghyun let go and watched as Daesung placed his hand under it, cold water splashing onto the wound. “Place the burn under cold water for 10 minutes.”

“Ah,” Seunghyun noted the advice in his head quickly, before turning around to empty the ice-cubes. He put them in the sink, as they were going to melt anyway, then put the bowl in there as well. Youngbae could take care of it when he came home.

Seunghyun wrapped an arm around Daesung lazily as he looked over at the reddening mark form on his hand.

He regretted doing that after he smelt burning. “Damn, I forgot to turn off the heat!” Daesung cursed as Seunghyun ran over to the ruined dinner.

Seunghyun looked over at the burnt food in the pan. He turned off the heat and placed the pan in the sink. “It’s okay, we can just order some takeout.” Daesung nodded appreciatively as Seunghyun took out his phone and called a familiar pizza takeout service.

 Half an hour later they were sitting on the table, pizza on the china plates instead of the disaster Daesung had tried to cook. Seunghyun had insisted against it, but a very cliché looking candle lit on the table. It was even scented, to hide the still burnt smell from being detected by the others when they came back.

“You know what I think?” Daesung spoke as he entangled his leg with Seunghyun’s under the table. He eyed Seunghyun, who shrugged in response. “I think takeout was definitely a better idea than home-cooking.” Daesung pouted thoughtfully. “Well, maybe eating takeout after a fail of a homemade meal is more romantic. I dunno.”

Seunghyun nodded. “We can always cook something together one day,” He suggested. “That sounds ‘romantic’ aswell.”

“I take it romance isn’t your thing?!” Daesung inquired, smirking slightly.

“It is! Although I wouldn’t be this romantic with anyone else...”

Daesung felt an urge to facepalm the both of them. “Duh, Captain obvious! That would be classified as cheating!” He laughed at Seunghyun’s expression after realising what his words had implied.

“I’d never cheat on my Daesungie!” Seunghyun highlighted, stuffing more pizza into his mouth, chewing it and swallowing in what seemed to be a record time.

“Gross! But I’d never cheat on my Seunghyunnie either..!”

Seunghyun knitted his eyebrows together at that nickname. “Seunghyunnie sounds weird.” Daesung only chuckled and continued eating.

After they finished, both cleared up their plates and blew out the candle. They then moved to the couch to sit and cuddle together while watching a Doraemon program. Although, it was more of Daesung watching it than Seunghyun, who was already sleepy, so took this moment to close his eyes – which ended up with him actually falling asleep, much to Daesung’s annoyance, as now there was no one to laugh at Doraemon with. He sighed and got out his phone.

To: Bae~

Can you come back now? Seunghyun fell asleep and I’m lonely now lol ^^

From: Kang Daesung

He sent the text and looked over at Seunghyun. Slowly raising a hand, he placed it on the side of Seunghyun’s cheek; coming into contact with soft skin and hair. Smiling softly, he slowly brushed his thumb over the sleeping man’s cheekbone. The warmth of Seunghyun’s skin was shared with Daesung’s palm, and whenever Seunghyun breathed out through his nose, Daesung could feel it on his hand slightly.

Daesung leaned forward and placed a slow kiss on Seunghyun’s nose. Then, he brushed back some of Seunghyun’s soft hair behind his ears, and then took his hand away from Seunghyun’s face; placing it the bone further away from him, and leaning his head against Seunghyun’s shoulder, turning his attention to Doraemon.

-----

Bang bang bang.

Daesung jolted in his place. Youngbae. He stood up and walked over to the front door yawning. He placed a hand in his hair and placed a hand on the doorknob. He twisted the door knob. It clicked once to signal it was open. Daesung slowly pulled open the door, sending loud creaks echoing everywhere.

He was met by a dark cloaked figure.

Daesung felt his throat constrict.

No... It couldn’t be...

 “It’s been a while,” Lee Soon lowered the dark hood of the cloak, exposing his face.

It was.

It was him.

Daesung could feel all colour drain from his face. His knees began quaking and his heart pounded fiercely against his chest. He was too petrified to call for help.

“How’ve you been?” Lee Soon asked casually, taking a step forward – smirking as Daesung took two stumbling steps back. “I’ve been wondering when I’d see you again.” A grin spread across his face, and he pulled out a shining black object from his pocket, aiming it at Daesung’s face.  “I was also hoping the next time I saw you, it’d be my last aswell.”

Daesung saw the object pointed towards his head.

That was...

That was a gun.

CHAPTER FIFTY-SIX - END

A/N: wow aren't i a horrible writer. Sorry for the EXTREMELY slow update. and then to bring this cliffhanger type thing upon you all. /cries you can hate me if you want. >< 

I called it improvisation because a) like i state many times, i at chapter titles, and b) they improvised on pizza. it's so good ;A;