Jae Shin

Love is Pain

 

Youngbae knocked on the door to Jae Shin’s apartment, immediately putting his hands back in his coat pockets. It was starting to get cold at night.

A few seconds after, the door was opened and Jae Shin stood before Youngbae, wearing casual clothes and carrying a cup of tea.

“Ah, Youngbae. It’s good to see you, come in,” He offered, stepping aside to let the chilling man through.

Walking through, Youngbae felt a drastic change in temperature. This man’s house was heated. Not just heated, but boiling. That wasn’t anything to complain about, however.

Jae Shin walked Youngbae into his office, which contained a desk, a computer, 3 chairs, and at least 7 storage cabinets stacked full of documents. It was a little like a consultant’s room.

Sitting down on the chair tucked into the desk, Jae Shin smiled, watching Youngbae sit down on the other chair.

“So... What’s the news?” Jae Shin asked, placing his mug down, folding his hands.

Youngbae sighed, looking down. Pulling out Jiyong’s phone, he placed it on the desk. “Here. The man that we believe is Lee Soon from Jiyong, sent us a text message. This one contained a picture.”

Nodding, Jae Shin pushed the phone back. “Could you get it up for me? Maybe from looking at the background we can identify where Daesung is. Also, I received your text. I’ll get looking on this Lee Soon later. It could possibly be a fake identity.”

Youngbae brought up the picture. Grimacing slightly, he handed it to Jae Shin, who gazed at it thoughtfully, leaning closer to it.

“I think it is a fake identity this guy’s using. If it’s who Jiyong thinks it is, then we’ll be dealing with a as well.”

Jae Shin’s eyebrows raised slightly. “A ?”

Youngbae nodded. “Yeah. Jiyong’s brothers boyfriend him. Something like that. And Jiyong says this Lee Soon sounds familiar.”

“Ah.” Jae Shin mumbled. He then squinted his eyes. “Ah.” He repeated more curiously, focusing on a corner of the photo.

“W-What is it?” Youngbae bursted out, tilting his head.

Leaning back, Jae Shin sighed, passing back the phone. “Can you work out what that sign says at the back? If so, we have a good idea of the destination.”

Youngbae’s eyebrows creased. There was a sign? “So... That picture was taken while Daesung was... Standing up? He-... He’s passed out though...” He replied in confusion.

“Yep. He’s not passed out, that’s just one big black eye, and this was taken while he was blinking – his eyelids are slightly blurry. Either that or they’re carrying him on someone’s back, which is slightly strange.”

Nodding, Youngbae placed two fingers on his iPhone screen and zoomed into the sign.

“Well, I think that says Seoul..” Youngbae murmured. He wasn’t sure though, it was quite blurry and looked more like ‘Syeomul’, but he was quite sure there wasn’t a place called Syeomul anyway.

Jae Shin nodded, taking the phone back.

“The background definitely looks like it’s near the outskirts of Seoul, though, which isn’t actually that far from here. There are a few abandoned houses there... I wonder if Daesung could be in one of those...” He trailed off thoughtfully. “I say we should travel there tomorrow morning or something. Thinking about this – and also judging that Daesung is in a critical condition by the state of his clothes.. We need to find him. Fast.”

Smiling weakly, Youngbae nodded in appreciation. “Thanks. If we don’t find him, where would you guess they were?”

Jae Shin shrugged. “Well, if we found the guys but not him, they would’ve most likely transferred him somewhere... If we didn’t find anything, then... We’ll cross that bridge when we get there. But for now, we’ll all try our hardest to find him. Ah, do you have Daesung’s mobile?”

Youngbae pulled it out of his pocket. “Here. Just click on the messages, they’re all on there.”

“Thanks,” Jae Shin uttered, scrolling through the texts. He sighed and leaned back. “This is a weird question to ask you, but... How vulnerable is Daesung? Does he talk much to you? Is he easily persuaded?” He asked, glancing at Youngbae, who nodded.

“Yeah, a lot. He doesn’t tell us much about his personal life, and it's easier to persuade him than it is to breathe – and that’s saying something.

“That’s why I’m a lot more worried about him – Seunghyun and Jiyong are independent enough to handle things, Seungri... I’m sure he’d be scared, but he’d know how to solve it, but Daesung... We just don’t know.”

Jae Shin raised a hand to his forehead, pressing against his temples. “Ok... Thanks. From this then, he may or may not be more mentally traumatized by this than someone else. I mean, I’m not a doctor, but I’ve dealt with a lot of missing people.”

Youngbae fiddled with his hands nervously. He thought back to the whole incident that had ended Daesung up in hospital. Daesung was obviously more scarrable than any other person he’d ever seen before, and things affected him a lot more than they normally should.

He was interrupted from his thoughts by Jae Shin.

“Do you want some tea? There’s some more in the kitchen – all you really need to find is a glass, it’s somewhere on the counter, I just washed the dishes. I’m going to quickly look up Lee Soon’s files on the computer. See if he’s real or not.”

Youngbae nodded and stood up. “Thank you,” He responded, walking out to the kitchen, a door-less room with the pot of tea on the table. He saw a mug and poured the tea into it, then holding the brew up to his lips. Green tea. It hadn’t cooled down; nevertheless it was starting to, so Youngbae took a long sip. He stood there thinking.

He was going to find Daesung, no matter what.

Smiling, he turned around, walking back to Jae Shin and sitting down, putting his mug down on the desk. “That was fairly quick,” Jae Shin commented, a white light shining on his face from the computer; making him look somehow older and more mature.

“The tea or Lee Soon?” Youngbae asked.

“Both.” Jae Shin chuckled. Turning the screen around so Youngbae could see the information on the screen. “There he is, I presume anyway. He’s only very recently been added onto the system... That’s where my suspicions begin. He’s been using a completely fake ID.”

Youngbae nodded slowly.

What frightened Youngbae the most is that Lee Soon looked so young and so innocent.. It’d be hard to believe he’d caused all this grief. Then again, evil masterminds are hard to figure out.

“So... We’ve already found him.”

Jae Shin smiled. “Pretty much. His fake, anyway.” Twiddling his fingers, he cocked his head to the right slightly.  “How we find him, I don’t know. I do want to know how he even got onto the system like that anyway, under a fake ID, anyway...  Probably filthy rich, I presume anyway...” He contemplated, an eyebrow slowly raising.

“We’ll go to the outskirts of Seoul tomorrow, then. I’ll bring everyone; I don’t want to leave them at home, it just seems like a bad idea.” Youngbae spoke.

Jae Shin shrugged. “More the merrier,” He mumbled. “I’ll get police to guard your house just in case anything happens, and there’ll be armed ones coming with us.”

Youngbae nodded. “Thank you. I’m guessing we should meet tomorrow, then. What time?”

Shrugging, Jae Shin looked at his watch. “About 9.. Maybe it should be earlier, but they’d most likely expect us to arrive early for him. I’ll pick you all up tomorrow. Is that okay? I have your address here – don’t be freaked out, I have everyone’s address on this database. Well, that is, except for Lee Soon, which is a bit of a pain.”

Youngbae thanked Jae Shin with a bow, putting all his possessions in his pockets. “I’ll be ready. Thank you so much,” He repeated again.

As he walked out, he heard Jae Shin chuckle humourlessly. “Hey, don’t thank me, This is my job.”

Youngbae travelled home, ready to tell the others the news.

CHAPTER THIRTY SEVEN - END

A/N: re-upload, it's the actual chapter this time!! thanks to BlueJohnXD for pointing it out ^_^