Sudden Accident

Love is Pain

 

Seunghyun was the last to wake up. Not that he’d been asleep much that night, anyway. Just lying there, thinking about various things, mostly about Daesung.. He got out of bed, looking at the alarm clock. 1pm. Well, he normally woke up a few hours later than that, but there hadn’t been much point in sleeping. If that’s what you’d call it. He looked in the mirror, and decided to take a long shower. He checked his phone for any messages. One. He opened it and read it. It looked like some kind of stalker-ish email, and as much as he would’ve liked to not let that get to him, it did. He grabbed the door and opened it, bumping into Jiyong on the way. Seunghyun jumped backwards, then as he realised it was only Jiyong, gathered his best poker face.  “Oh, hey Seunghyun!” He spoke cheerfully. Taking a closer look at his Hyung’s face, Jiyong concluded Seunghyun wasn’t in the best of spirits. “You look like ,” He added, failing to add humour. Seunghyun smirked and walked past Jiyong politely. “What’s up with him..?” Thought the leader aloud. Sighing, he walked into his room and got changed.

Seunghyun walked into the kitchen, feeling low. He grabbed a glass, and filled it with some strong wine. Drank it all then filled it up again. Drank that one too. Hopefully, that’d lift his spirits a bit. Seungri and Youngbae had said something to him, but Seunghyun couldn’t hear them. He blocked all noise out of his head.  He felt drunk, even though he was pretty far from there. He placed his hands on the counter, and shut his eyes, stabilizing himself. It was a weird feeling.

Seungri had walked up to him and tried to engage in a conversation, but Seunghyun looked to the ground and slowly half-walked, half-stumbled away, into the bathroom, shutting the door, not even bothering to lock it. Daesung had watched all of this curiously. Youngbae had said good morning, Seungri had said good morning, and Jiyong had talked to him, but Seunghyun had acted as if they weren’t there. Strange. “What’s wrong with him today? He looks really sad about something…” Seungri stated from the kitchen, causing Daesung to look at Youngbae, who just looked to the ground. Shrugging, Seungri walked to the couch and sat down next to Daesung and Youngbae.”Probably just lack of alcohol,” Jiyong guessed, not knowing Seunghyun had had two cups of strong wine, walking out the bedroom and sitting in front of Seungri.

Jiyong had gathered up enough courage to tell Daesung, Seungri, and Youngbae on his experience. Telling them how the situation of how the mention of the word ‘gay’ reminded it of him. Showed everyone the scar just below his armpit where he’d almost been by his brother’s boyfriend. That because of that, he thought of being gay as a terrible thing, but he’d just based it on one encounter. That Seunghyun joined in with him because he knew, and defended Jiyong most of the time. That because of that situation, he didn’t hate Daesung; he just thought it’d be best to keep it between the band. The others understood and hugged him.

Daesung had apologized again and again, even though there was no need to. So, Jiyong was on better terms with the band. Although it was still a little awkward. As Jiyong had predicted, Daesung was somewhat happy after hearing that, as Seunghyun didn’t hate him at all, he was just trying to be a good friend. All this had happened while Seunghyun was lying in bed. Jiyong hadn’t actually gathered up courage at all, Youngbae had just told him Seunghyun said there was something Jiyong needed to say. Speaking of Seunghyun, he didn’t know this had happened at all. The noise of the shower sounded which brought everyone back to earth.

“So, Seungri, how about me and you buy some ice-cream?” Jiyong had never really fallen out with Seungri over this, as although Seungri had been disappointed in Jiyong and Seunghyun, Seungri couldn’t hate people, especially his bandmates. And Jiyong was still wondering how that awkward situation with Youngbae and Daesung had been resolved so quickly. Seungri leapt off the couch. “HELL YEAH!!!!! I WANT SOME MINT FLAVOUR!” Yelped Seungri, jumping off the couch and clasping his hand with Jiyong’s. “Hey, buy some for me and Dae too!” Youngbae spoke up. Daesung looked to the hallway. Amidst all the noise, he thought he heard Seunghyun say something, and a strange thud, but then again, his mind usually liked to play tricks on him. The others hadn’t noticed anything, so it most likely was just his imagination.

But… He could be wrong…

As Seungri and Jiyong left, Daesung stood up. The shower was still running, but he couldn’t hear someone using it. The pattern of falling water wasn’t disturbed by a body there. He definitely had heard those noises. “Daesung… You okay?” Youngbae called out, who had watched him stand up in sudden panic, face strewn with fear. Daesung grabbed Youngbae’s hand and dragged him. Youngbae didn’t really know what to do, so he opted to rub Daesung’s back gently. “Is everything alright, Dae?” He questioned lightly. Daesung looked into Youngbae’s eyes. He struggled to think of a way to word the suspicious feeling in his head. “I-… S-Seung-… I think something’s happened… I don’t  know… Can you check with me?” Youngbae nodded and let Daesung walk him to the bathroom door. Daesung knocked. Twice. Thrice. No answer. He tested the handle. It was a good thing Seunghyun hadn’t locked the door, then. The door was opened slowly.

Daesung screamed. Youngbae covered his mouth.

Blood. Blood everywhere.  It seemed like Seunghyun had fallen on the bath-mat, and landed on a sink, then landing on the floor again, back on the ground. The ground, the sink, his head, his face… It was all covered in blood. Youngbae had already called an ambulance to come urgently. Daesung ran over to Seunghyun, examining him. He was breathing normally, and his head kept bleeding. Daesung got a towel from the radiator and wrapped it around his head tightly, to try and make the blood stop. He didn’t even know if that was what he should do, but he did it anyway. Youngbae hadn’t walked in, but was staring at the scene. The window was wide open. Youngbae’s heart began to speed up a little bit. Seunghyun was holding his phone in his right hand. Youngbae picked it up, as it was lit up with the “text message!” screen. Youngbae clicked on it out of curiosity.  

          From: Unknown

Oh, by the way, you might want to watch your step.
Bathrooms are slippery.
You could get hurt.

          To: Seunghyun Choi

Youngbae was definitely creeped out, to say the least. He felt tempted to read more, but that’d be rude. Were they being stalked? Youngbae bent down and helped Daesung tend for Seunghyun until the ambulance arrived. Youngbae Seunghyun’s head. “I hope nothing bad happens...” he whispered to himself, so Daesung couldn’t hear.

Daesung was weeping hysterically, trying to revive Seunghyun from his comatose state. Nothing worked. He lay over Seunghyun’s body and grabbed onto his clothes. “Seunghyun... Seunghyun wake up... Seunghyun....” Daesung’s’ tears were forming puddles onto Seunghyun’s t-shirt. His breathing was slowly decreasing... Youngbae noticed this and with fear, gently pushed Daesung away to give CPR. The doorbell rang, and Daesung stumbled to get it. Was it like this on that night where he almost died? He answered the door and paramedics ran in. Youngbae had described the situation, and it had been decided that this was an urgent matter.

As the paramedics walked in, he walked out. He didn’t want to watch... and also Daesung must be feeling terrible. As he approached Daesung, who was curled up in a corner by the front door, he thought about how unlucky this week had been. Did this really have to happen? He sighed and a few tears escaped his eyes. He sat next to Daesung, putting a hand on his knee. They both sat in silence, staring into the distance, Daesung crying silently, A few more tears escaping Youngbae’s. Out of the corner of his eye, Youngbae saw Jiyong and Seungri run in, dropping a shopping bag on the floor. “What’s happened?!” Seungri and Jiyong exclaimed at once, turning around to see both men on the floor. “We... D-Don’t know..” Daesung managed to burst out. Seungri kneeled in front of Daesung, putting both hands on his shoulder. “Don’t cry, Daedae... Everything will be alright...” Seungri commented, pulling him into a hug. Daesung’s knees, and Youngbae’s hand, were in the way but it still gave a small bit of comfort to Daesung. Seungri’s words made Daesung cry more. Youngbae too. Jiyong sat next to Youngbae, putting his face  on his shoulder and crying. This really had been the worst few days ever. Youngbae decided not to tell anyone about the anonymous text or the open window. It would freak out everyone even more, and he didn’t want that. He’d rely on the authorities.

A paramedic nurse slowly approached them all. “Excuse me,” she started. All 4 of them looked up at once, waiting for the answer. She pointed to Seunghyun, who was being wheeled to the ambulance by a stretcher. Daesung stifled a gasp. “We don’t know about his condition yet, but we’re taking him to the hospital for further diagnosis, and better health and safety conditions. She smiled sadly. “He’ll be alright, I promise. Come in the ambulance with us. Quickly!” She walked out briskly. Youngbae looked at Daesung.


“Daesung, you have to-..”
“NO! I’M NOT STAYING HERE! I DON’T CARE WHAT THAT DOCTOR SAID! I WANT SEUNGHYUN!”

Words spilled out of Daesung’s mouth that he probably didn’t even register. He darted out the door and into the ambulance. The other members quickly followed, but as soon as they jumped in, the doors shut and the ambulance started moving.

Youngbae didn’t want to say anything to upset Daesung more, so he kept silent. They all were silent, watching as paramedics on the ambulance performed CPR and other confusing things Daesung didn’t get. His head was imploding on him. He screamed into his hand, watching them try and stop the blood flowing. It felt like the longest trip to the hospital he had ever been on.  He wanted to see Daesung. Youngbae looked at Daesung cry. In that ‘book box’, he had also found an ‘I seriously like you a lot’ note. He hadn’t purposely read it, but the first lines he read was “Hyung! I really like you! You’ll never know, but I do!”The ambulance parked, and Seunghyun was pulled out again. Daesung watched him go away, and felt every piece of his heart breaking. The nurse sitting in the passenger seat walked up to them. As they were climbing out the ambulance, she spoke to them. “Sorry about what’s happened to your friend. We’re sure his injury can be fixed, but we’ll need to place him in intensive care first. You’re famous... You can wait in the room next door. It’s an office but no –one uses it anymore. It’s just next door to where we’ll be operating on him. Follow me.”

They silently followed her to the spare room, thanking her as she then ran next door. They all sat down on chairs. There were loads of chairs everywhere. Daesung, however, didn’t sit on them. Instead, he sat in the floor next to where Seungri, Youngbae and Jiyong were sitting. He was almost crying his eyes out. How could this happen to Seunghyun? Was he bothered because the ordeal yesterday night? Daesung had ragged breathing. He was crying so much it hurt. He lost all control of his body and collapsed on the floor, sobbing, shaking, and hyperventilating. Jiyong noticed this first and picked him up. “D-Daesung? I think he’s having a panic attack or something! Someone get a nurse!” Youngbae immediately ran out the room, grabbing the nearest nurse. A doctor noticed and came in too. They picked him up and ran him to the room the opposite side to the hospital room they were in at the moment. Seungri ran with Youngbae to the opposite room where Daesung was at the moment, while Jiyong stayed for a few seconds longer.

Everything had gone wrong. Jiyong sat, tears falling down his eyes. He wiped them quickly. What if Seunghyun didn’t make it? What would happen to the band? He wanted to be with Daesung. He walked out of the room and turned left,  and knocked on the door to Seunghyun’s operating room. He wasn’t supposed to do this, but it was so the nurse would know where they were. The same nurse as before luckily answered the door, stepping outside. “Yes?” She asked.

“We’ll be in the room opposite. My friend had a panic attack.” Was all Jiyong could say before his breath began to hitch. The nurse nodded. “Thank you. Sorry about him too, but tell him that your friend is doing just fine, at the moment!” Jiyong immediately began to smile with relief. He bowed and ran to the opposite door. Opening it, he walked up to the bed Daesung now lay in, surrounded by Youngbae, Seungri,  and a nurse. The doctor had left as it wasn’t major. “Guys... Seunghyun is doing fine, at the moment.” He felt happier to see everyone’s sad faces lift, except for Daesung, who had been medically put to sleep as he had started screaming for Seunghyun. “That’s great. Daesung will wake up in a bit feeling calmer soon. You can tell him then.” Youngbae looked on the verge of exhaustion, as did Seungri. Jiyong nodded and sat on a chair next to Youngbae, rubbing his back. The nurse bustled about the room, humming softly as she began to sort out pills for Daesung, to help him calm down. This room had a completely different atmosphere to the one Seunghyun was in, from Jiyong’s perspective. He was sure he’d heard panic shouts in there.

Daesung slowly came to. He felt really weird.. He felt happy, but a fake kind-of happy. He still remembered everything as clear as crystal, but he felt like he was on some crazy drug. Oh... He probably was. This was a hospital. He could feel tears seep out of his eyes, but couldn’t feel the inner pain. He opened them to see Seungri clutching onto his hand, Youngbae also holding his hand, except Youngbae was asleep, leaning over him, and Jiyong was looking at his hands. He then looked up, to see Daesung’s eyes. “Hey, Dae, you’re going to like this news,” Jiyong started.
“What is it?” Daesung asked. It was weird, because it came out as a very slurred “Whasssit?”. Jiyong smiled slightly at Daesung’s slurred speech, then continued on. “The nurse told us that everything was going fine with Seunghyun!” He couldn’t hold back a smile, and watched Daesung’s neutral expression change swiftly. For Daesung, this news was something not even morphine could calm down. “Rearyyy?!” Came the slurred answer again. Daesung smiled and shook his hands up and down to wake up Youngbae and bring Seungri’s attention back to earth. They both jolted and looked up at Daesung, who was smiling happily. “Shunghun’z gownna be’right!” he slurred again. Youngbae and Seungri both smiled widely. Seungri laughed at Daesung’s accent, while Youngbae let out a tired but ecstatic “woo!”

Someone knocked on the door. “Come in!” All four chorused. The nurse Jiyong was talking to was back again. She was smiling, which the four took as good news. “Seunghyun’s on the way to recovery!” The room that was in a broken, devastated mood broke out in cheer. She cleared , and the room went deadly silent, expecting bad news. “You might as well go home, as he’ll be awake tomorrow! You can visit him! The downside, of course, will be that he’ll be staying in hospital for 2 weeks until his head injury heals.” Everyone – Especially Daesung, moped. “2 weeks? Really? Ah, that’s ages! As long as he recovers.” Moaned Seungri, disappointed that he’d have to wait a long time. “Well, it’s usually about 5/6, so you could say he was pretty lucky! The blow didn’t harm his head as much as people who stay for the full length of time, but, he did split a vein, somehow, which was concerning as he’s lost a lot of blood from it. He’ll survive though, which is worth the wait, hm?” Seungri nodded, shocked from the description given, standing up. “Oh, Youngbae, can I talk to you for one second?” The nurse asked quickly. Youngbae nodded and the two stepped outside the room.

The nurse tending for Daesung had left to do who-knows-what, and as he hadn’t been admitted properly, Jiyong helped him up. He was going home. Youngbae came back in, looking down. “Let’s go,” was all he said.

Seungri, Jiyong, Daesung and Youngbae realised as they walked out the hospital that they didn’t have a car. Daesung was sleeping on Jiyong’s back, the morphine kicking in again. They decided to walk back. It wasn’t dark, and they didn’t look themselves at all.

It took exactly 1 hour, 20 minutes to walk back. Everyone, was exhausted. As soon as they all got in, they ran to Daesung’s room and all collapsed on it at once. It was a double bed being shared between four people, but no one really minded that much. They had all missed lunch and were absolutely famished. “Panda, where’s that ice cream?” Youngbae asked Seungri without even bothering to open his eyes. “By-... By the door. I left it there when me and Ji came back.”

Seungri was yawning heavily, his legs entwined with Youngbae’s. Neither or them minded, nor cared. Daesung, behind Seungri was practically spooning him, but again, No one minded, nor cared. Jiyong lay with his back facing the ceiling, a hand lazily resting on Daesung’s hipbone. A little further-down than that. Frankly, no one gave two s. All of them were exhausted, and Daesung hadn’t even woken since they left the hospital. “I’ll get it for you in a bit, if you want... I’m hungry,” The maknae whined. Youngbae laughed softly and nodded.

A few hours later, they all woke up again, including Daesung. "Eh? Wasn't I in the hospital? Hey hyung," Daesung started, turning his head to face Jiyong. Jiyong was sitting up, stretching his arms. “Hey Dae. No, we brought you home. You were passed out the whole way back. Youngbae carried you. Daesung’s eyes opened. They had walked? Youngbae had carried him? That must’ve been exhausting, He sat up like Jiyong, looking over at Youngbae, who was locked in a gaze with Seungri. Daesung, without warning, rolled on top of them, breaking their contact. “Hey!! Dae!!” Youngbae whined, playfully wacking him on the arm. The three burst into laughter. Jiyong yawned and walked out, smiling to himself.

CHAPTER NINE – END

A/N: longest chapter written so far!!! couldn't have done it without huh gak ^^ ralala.

NEW POLL IS UP!!! PLEASE ANSWER IT! ^_^