Chapter 46

My Half Brother..bwoh!?

Samuel's Point of View

I stared at my phone while laying on my bed for the passed hour or so. It just showed one message on there and I kept staring at for a long time trying to make sense of it.

{From: Mom}

We need to talk. 

It was short, but brief. She sent the message to me around 2:32 PM and I haven't replied yet considering I was confused by the sudden text message from my mom needing to talk to me. "What does mom want?" I asked myself quietly before clicking 'Reply'

{To: Mom}

Okay Mom. Where do you want to talk?

I pressed 'Send' and shut the phone closed. I took a deep breath and sat up, "My mom has been acting very persistent lately after I denied the offer.." I mumbled while rubbing my hands together. I got up and went through my album collections in the room, "I'll just listen to SNSD noonas recent album." I shrugged, grabbing my owned copy of 'I Got A Boy' into my CD player and pressing play.

Beep.

I grabbed the phone while the songs played in the background. 

{From: Mom}

Cafe shop by Core Contents Media. Meet you there at 4 sharp.

"Well isn't she treating me like I did something bad." I muttered grumpily. I checked the time and it was 3:21 PM, "Yah! I gotta get ready!" I whined and ran around my room grabbing clothes from my closet and drawers before changing. I wore a gray sweatshirt over the shirt I was wearing and some blue denim  jeans with my black nikes. I put on my black snapback on and mask before grabbing my keys and leaving the apartment.

I got into the garage and hoped onto my bike. I snapped the snapback around one of the belt loops of my jeans before putting on my helmet, "Time to meet my oddly mad mom." I sarcastically cheered, starting up the engine and zooming out of the garage into the streets. "Did I turn off the cd player?" I asked myself when I was about five blocks away from my apartment.

I arrived near CCM with fifteen minutes to spare so I stopped in front of the building in the parking lot out front since I see the cafe close by and my mom wasn't there yet.. I removed my helmet after seeing there wasn't any media reporters before texting Jiyeon.

{To: V.I.D}

Jiyeon yeobo~ I'm out front, meet me :)?

I've gotten to know Jiyeon, Hyomin, and Soyeon more out of the T-ara members since they would stop by in the S.M Studio and I would get to talk to them when I was on break. I felt sympathy for them ever since we had a conversation about agencies and they all agreed that they would like to move agencies, but can't because of their contracts. 

Beep.

{From: V.I.D}

I see yooouu~ I'm bring Hyomin unnie with me.

I looked up at an open window after seeing a hand waving at me. I rolled my eyes and waved back at their choding like ways, "Hurry up! I got a time limit!" I called while waiting for them to leave the building. I hung my helmet on the handles and checked my phone again, 3:41 PM. I looked back to the cafe and still my mom wasn't there yet.

"Baby Dino~" I heard someone call. I almost fell back against my bike when Jiyeon jumped hugged me, "What is with the surprise visit?" Jiyeon questioned when I hugged her back. 

"Hi Baby Liu." Hyomin greeted with a smile and gave me a quick hug. 

I smiled at them, "Noonas I just came to visit, is that bad? Did I interrupt something?" I pouted. Jiyeon shook her head and smacked me on the head, "Even outside of S.M I get hit!" I whined.

Jiyeon giggled, "No actually you saved us from harsh dance rehearsals. We took a break when you texted me and now we are resting with our favorite maknae actor!" she said and patted my head.

"Plus she upsetted Qri unnie so you saved her from a kicking." Hyomin snickered. Jiyeon stuck her tongue out at Hyomin who just smiled and waved at her, "So Sammy wae did you actually come here?" Hyomin questioned when I stood up after Jiyeon finally let go of me.

I put on their hoods since they didn't even put them on, "Yah pabos put your hoods on in case medias are around," I scolded them and they began to apologize for forgetting, "My mom wanted to meet me by the cafe and I came early so I came to spend time with my V.I.D and my favorite folding screen." I teased.

"Yah! I grew out of my awkward folding screen phrase!" Hyomin whined and hit my on the arm lightly, "What is V.I.D?"

Jiyeon started to laugh and smacked me on the arm as well while hiding her laughing smile, "Unnie it's Very Important Dino." she explained to Hyomin. Hyomin had gaped open in an 'o' shape before bursting out in laughter. She hit Jiyeon's shoulder repeatedly while laughing which caused the latter to erupt in a giggling fit as well.

"Aish you two are so weird." I stated while shaking my head at the laughing T-ara members. 

"Yah you say that now, but when you are on your drama who is the weird one?" They both challenged me and I held my hand up in defense, "Right Jiyeon? He acts weird on set when he is with Zelo?" Hyomin smirked.

"Okay he is my best friend and we are both teenagers and we like to cause misfit!" I whined while stomping my foot on the ground like a baby. The two just rolled their eyes at me and pat me on the head.

"We understand. Anyways I think we have to go back up, right unnie?" Jiyeon asked with a bit of disappointment.

Hyomin nodded while checking her phone, "Eunjung unnie just texted me to go back up in the dancing room." she said also with disappointment. I checked the time on my phone, 3:54 PM. 

"Aw that noonas," I pouted and hugged the both of them, "Good luck with rehearsal, don't stress yourself to much. T-ara hwaiting!" I cheered for them.

"We will try our best not to overwork overselves, but no promises with Papa KKS." Jiyeon pouted and gave me a kiss on the cheek, "Bye bye baby dino, see you next time." she smiled at me.

"Bye Sammy, still keeping your promise?" Hyomin whispered to me while giving me a hug. Jiyeon had already left when Hyomin appoaroched me, but to be safe since Jiyeon is a ninja somehow. Hyomin pulled away from the hug and looked at me while her hands slid from my shoulders to my hands.

I nodded, holding her hands and swinging them together like a little kid, "Ne noona. I'm still looking for away, but there aren't any definite promises that'll I'll be able to convince Papa Hong." I told her while looking at her right in the eyes.

She sighed sadly and helped swing our hands, "I should of just taken the playful offer a long time ago with Hyuna-ah offered." Hyomin muttered. I patted her on the head gently, "Do you think this year can get better later?" she asked me.

"It's just the fourth month of the new year noona," I told her and she nodded, "It can get better for your group soon, but try connecting back with the QUEENS you've lost first before making a comeback." I explained.

"Yea we'll try, but you know KKS and his ways." She sighed and gave me a quick hug again, "I'll see you soon Sammy. Thank you again for trying your best for me and my group." Hyomin smiled and went into the building. I waved to her before starting up my bike again after putting my helmet on and I drove away from CCM towards the cafe just a block away.

I parked my bike in front of the cafe and checked my phone, 3:59 PM. I looked into the cafe and saw my mom sitting in the corner near the back, but beside the window. "Ah I was almost late!" I cursed under my breath and put the helmet on the handle replacing it with my snapback that was still around my belt loop. 

I walked into the cafe and walked towards my mom immediately, sitting in front of her. I smiled at her, but she stared at me with a blank expression, "Are you still upset about my rejection of the offer?" I asked immediately after resting my cheek on my hand that was on the table.

She sipped her black coffee that was in front of her, "Of course I am Samuel." My mom said quietly and I flinched slightly since I'm not used to being called Samuel anymore, "Why would you turn down the offer in your home country to continue working here?" she asked and I know that arguing in English will not help any of us.

"Mom I like working here. All the idols I'm meeting are so unique in personality wise and being in the Philippines will be fun, but I don't want to go back where the bad memories are." I explained.

"What bad memories?" She asked innocently. I love my mom don't get me wrong, but she can be...she can be also annoying when it comes to my childhood.

"I don't want to talk about it. Mom you saw my drama, right? It actually has high ratings because of the on screen and off screen chemistry I have with Krystal, but where would I get that in the Philippines?" I questioned her, sitting up straight now. I looked straight into my mom's eyes, "Mom I'm grown up now and I can make my own decisions now for myself." I stated.

She sighed heavily and instantly glared at me. I flinched again, but it was gone noticed by my mom with a trumphet smirk plastered on her face now, "I knew you might say something about you being a grown up and I tried being nice for a while." she said in a quiet, angry tone and I got scared.

"Mom?" I asked quietly feeling nervous.

She leaned forward with her hands holding her chin as she looked at me dead in the eyes, "You have a bunch of talent Samuel and I hate that it is going to waste in this country. Go back to your home turf - the Philippines - so you can expand that talent even more. I convinced the agency to hold that role they offered for you until the final deadline so in case you changed yo-" I cut her off.

"Mom I told you and it is going to be final, I am not taking the offer." I said in an uninterested tone. I took out my phone to start texting Zelo to meet up with me if he doesn't have a schedule, but the phone was snatched and slammed onto the table by my mom, "What the-"

"Listen Samuel, I am your moth-"

"You haven't been a real mother to me when I was little, why are you starting now?" I questioned her in an angry tone, "I love you mom and all, but never play the mother card with me." I glared at her.

She sighed, "Okay I didn't think I would have to go and use this resort, but Samuel if you do not take the offer that your step father is willing to give to you than I'll spread a scandal around on the internet." My mom explained.

"What scandal? What does a scandal have to do with anything about the offe-"

"The scandal will be about f(x). It's either take the offer or watch your sister's group be shun just like T-ara." She said and got her stuff ready. I blinked and looked at her with a bewildered look.

"Mom why are you doing this? You even told me yourself back in the hospital that you'll await my decision and I gave you my answer." I said, standing up and glaring down at my mom, "Why?"

"Samuel I'll admit this to you right now. I only see you as someone who'll bring me money and I'm a woman that loves money, but knowing that you came from me you can also be as stubborn just like me." She explained and I blinked feeling my heart grow heavy and falling apart, "I told you I'll await your decision to get you to trust me again, but seeing as it's not working I'll be having to use force which is your attachment to f(x)."

"B-But-"

"The same deadline is still up Samuel. Come to me when you made the right decision or else you'll be the reason that f(x) is gone from the entertainment industry." She said while getting up and walking towards the exit of the cafe. I followed her. "We don't need to mention this to Amber, right?"

"R-Right..."

"Bye for now Samuel." She said and left the cafe. 

My steps felt heavy now and I was walking towards my bike, "Mom I saw you as a drunken , but now...your just a gold digging ." I whispered while staring at my bike. It started to rain when I felt a drop hit my cheek, "You are absolutely far more worse than KKS..." I muttered as it started to pour down harshly. 

I stood by my bike while looking up at the rain, "Can someone answer me what I did to deserve this?"

"Simple. You are being stupid standing in the rain." 


Did this chapter make sense at the end? At least Sammy knows about his mom being a gold digger :D? So who answered Sammy?

Comment and Subscribe.