Chapter 32

My Half Brother..bwoh!?

WARNING: THIS STORY HAS A BUNCH OF CONFUSION TO IT. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Amber's Point of View

I walked into the S.M building and into f(x)'s dance studio. No one was inside so I closed the door and locked it, "Why did you lie to me dad.." I muttered after sitting down in the middle of the studio with my iPod blasting music in my ears.

I thought back to the phone conversation I had with my dad.

Flashback..

"Pick up the phone old man.." I muttered after opening the letter. I managed to find another white envelope from one of the nurses so I'll just replace it, "What is this custody over Samuel..." I growled.

"Hello this is Mr. Liu." I heard my dad greet. I looked back into the room and saw almost everyone being loud themselves, "Hello?"

"Dad, we need to talk." I said in a serious tone.

"About what Amber? Are you alright?" he asked me in a concern tone, but I just rolled my eyes. I was rereading the letter over and over again repeatedly. "Amber, are you still there?"

"What is this custody over Samuel?" I questioned.

"How did you find out? Samuel doesn't even know." My dad quickly responded and I heard him getting up from his seat and entering a quiet room. "Explain to me how did you find out about the custody battle over Samuel?"

"His mom came here in the hospital that we are in. Explain to me why you two are having a custody fight over Samuel and how come she won and how come there is this man named Ike Liu on the documents!?" I bombarded him with questions.

"Okay don't get mad with me, but Ike Liu is your uncle that was KIA way back when you two were younger like when you were 3 and Sammy was just born," He explained to me and my jaw just dropped, "I did not tell you about your uncle because before he was killed we had a rocky relationship, but I still kept in touch with my older half brother. Apparently he had some last words for me-"

"What were they? Don't try to butter this whole story up for me." I told him in a serious tone.

"His last words were to take care of his son - my nephew - just like I would if he was my son. I wanted to honor those words because I regretted my last words to my brother," My dad sighed and I can hear his voice hitch a little while telling the story, "I did not want to mention that story to your mother because she would disagree since your mother does not really like my brother after an incident so that is why I lied about him (Sammy) being my son." I explained.

"You lost me completely."

"Long story short I lied about Sammy being my son when I had a fake affair." He lightened the story.

"Okay, but why would you!?" I shouted.

"Sammy was an important person to my brother and that witch of a woman could careless for Samuel! You weren't there nor understood what that woman did to Samuel when he was little and you won't understand it now. Did that witch do anything?" My dad questioned me.

"Sammy fainted when she showed her real self to him." I explained trying to put together the whole thing. "Dad..so Sammy isn't my brother?" I questioned and he went silent for a few seconds. I heard him sigh and scratch his head.

"By my blood - no. By relative blood - yes." He said trying to make it simple. 

I sighed and looked back into the room before pulling the phone away from my ear and shouting, "SO I AM TAKING CARE OF MY COUSIN INSTEAD OF SOMEONE WHO I THOUGHT WAS MY BABY BROTHER!?!" 

"Sweetheart calm down...calm down.." he whispered to me. I felt my self tearing up, "He will technically be your brother, but-"

"What is with the custody battle?" I interrogated. 

"We've been fighting for years because in my brother's letter that he had saved up were sent to me and I read that he and Kim were in the rocks in their relationship and the only thing keeping him with her was Samuel. He wanted me to get custody over Samuel, but that woman wouldn't let go of her son - even though she didn't care - so that is why we are having the custody battle and she won.." he explained to me and I still did not understand it.

"Short story is that Samuel is really my cousin, but can also be my brother if you had won. I have an uncle that I do not know of because he is dead, but he is also Samuel's real dad which you are not. You are a big fat liar and Samuel's mom won custody over him completely so-"

"You got everything right and the aftermath is..is Samuel is going back to the Philippines with the witch." My dad sighed and I covered my mouth to hold back a sob. I waited a few minutes to reply so my tears can subside,"Amber?..."

"Why did you send him to me when you know about this whole thing? and did not even bother to inform me at all! I grew to attach to Baby Liu!" I exclaimed ready to let out my sobs when my voice cracked, "Dad...why are you always lying?"

"I'm only lying to protect my kids which includes Samuel and I wanted you to get to know Samuel just in case I won the custody." He explained and I just scoffed.

"You would be protecting me if I didn't get to know Samuel and look at the aftermath? You didn't win the custody battle and now my baby brother is being sent to someone I don't even know that well!" I growled before sighing, "How long does he have...you know here in Korea?" I asked sadly.

"He will be departing soon...once his drama is done.."

"Dad.." 

"Yes?"

I bit my tongue, but I sighed. I looked at the wall, "You liar." I said before hanging up. I clenched my phone tightly in my hand before marching into the room not looking at Samuel.

'He isn't your baby brother Amber...he is your baby cousin...'

Back to reality...

"That stupid old man!" I shouted trying to relieve my stress. I hit the ground not knowing tears were falling fro my face, "He knows how easily attached I get, but now he mentions this how custody battle for Sammy!" I exclaimed, hitting the ground repeatedly with my hand in anger.

I let out a huge sigh.

"I don't want him to leave..." I said laying down and massaging my tender palm, "Stupid dad...look what you've done to this family.." I muttered to myself letting myself cry freely.

'Samuel...I am so sorry for you to end up in the position you are in...' I thought to myself. I started to wonder if Sammy knows who his real dad is and if he knows that his mother doesn't really care about him. Has he been traumatized for life? 'Baby Liu...'

"Amber?" I heard a knock on the door.

I quickly sat up and wiped my tears away. I looked in the mirror and saw my eyes were puffy, ".." I muttered under my breath before getting up and running to open the door. I had my head down, "Hi.."

"What happened back there?" Tiffany questioned me.

"Where is my brother?" I asked her.

"Sooyoung and the others are keeping him company," She explained to me before leading me back to the corner of the dance studio where a couch was, "what happened with the phone call? Samuel is worried about you."

I grabbed her arm, "I need a favor from you Tiffany." I pleaded.

"W-What? O-Okay, but you have to tell me what happened with the phone call first." Tiffany replied and gave me a stern look, "Don't lie to Umma Fany." she teased me and I gave a weak smile before explaining my situation.

"I called my dad because inside the letter you saw me give Sammy was a letter of custody.  My dad isn't really Sammy's dad, but his uncle because Sammy's real dad was killed in action and he has been fighting with Sammy's mom over custody about Sammy. Sammy is really my baby cousin, but I will forever treat him like my baby brother." I explained to her.

"What?"

"I know confusing family tree I got right?" I lightly joked before grabbing her hand, "Now the favor I need."

"O-Okay a-anything." She stammered.

"I need you to keep Samuel away from me." 


Don't worry you ... I was also confused while writing this chapter, but this was the only way to get the confusion of Sammy's race since no one wants to point it out~ Amber is Chinese when I have Sammy as half Filipino and half KOREAN. 

Amber's dad's half brother is Korean because Am's dad's father was the cheater in the relationship. This is all fic remember! 

Comment and Subscribe