Chapter 26

My Half Brother..bwoh!?

Samuel's Point of View

It's twenty-six days into the new year. As well as my second month in Korea.

"Samuel-ah, you have a photo shoot to do with Krystal-ssi." My manager called as I had my head leaned against the car window, "Are you awake Samuel-ah?"

"Ne..." I sleepily replied.

Ever since the start of the new year I have been busy with rehearsal schedules, on set filming, modeling, and discussing offers for MC-ing positions. My manager has been accepting them all that I have not gotten much sleep for the pass weeks - and mind you that this manager came from CCM so I don't know his managing skills that well. He was my hyung so I had to listen to him.

"Once the photo shoot is done than the filming for your drama's third episode will be taking place," he explained to me. My manager stopped at a red light and handed me coffee, "Wake up Samuel-ssi, it's not good to have a sleepy rookie." he explained to me and patting my cheek softly to wake me up.

"Ne.." I replied sitting up properly in my seat and yawning. I checked my phone an saw it was already six in the morning, "Why is the photo shoot so early?" I asked as I was sending a text to Amber to tell her I'm busy once again. 

Due to my busy schedule I have no seen Amber for a while unless you count where I guest MC-ed on some music shows she and f(x) were performing at. The only f(x) member I've been able to see was Krystal and she has been updating Amber on my condition. I was feeling really bad, but my manager just convinced me that it was normal for me to feel like this with all the accomplishments I've been having - I believed him.

"So that you two will have enough time for filming. Oh and tomorrow Samuel-ah you'll be appearing on a radio show with Zelo," he told me. I nodded while yawning, "So get enough rest for the radio show."

I breathed deeply before focusing my attention on the phone. The bright as of now is that I'll see my best friend, Zelo, tomorrow at a radio show and we'll be like two funny teenage boys. Over the weeks I gotten close to Zelo because we are within the same age range and act like two adorable idiots around our noonas and hyungs. 

"We're here Samuel-ah." My manager snapped me back to reality after I was looking through my phone. I nodded and put on my mask because I had a serious cough going on because of my weak immune system and my lack of medicine taking. My manager ran to the other side and opened the door for me as I made my way towards the studio where the photo shoot will be taking place.

"Hi Sammy." Krystal greeted me after taking notice I have arrived.

"Sorry I'm late," I bowed to her and the staff, "I had a tough time pulling myself out of bed." I said as I removed my jacket and went straight to hair styling and wardrobe.

I also gotten much more closer to Krystal. She hasn't hit me..well hasn't hit me as much as she used to and now she is starting to call me Sammy instead of Samuel, but she sometimes switches to calling me Baby Liu. Did I mention that I am now permanently called Baby Liu as the video became viral and I am the center of being teased by many sunbaes for that nickname.

"It's alright, are you doing much better than yesterday?" Krystal asked sitting beside me in her own chair. The stylist noona was prepping the both of us as I was focused more on my phone than what is going on.

"Not really, but like I said yesterday," I said looking up in the mirror and towards her, "this is the entertainment industry and tiredness is one of the consequences." I joked half heartedly as my eyes stung a bit.

Krystal rolled her eyes at me, "Pabo. Remember that Amber is there if you need support if you are ever tired from the busy schedule and I'm here as well, but I won't be much help." she honestly told me. Did I mention I hate her bluntness.

"Oh thank you Almighty Krystal Jung. The wonderful Baby Jung. The most awesome an-" I was cut off when she slapped my arm.

"I get it alright? I already know that I'm wonderful, amazing, beautiful, smart, and talented." Krystal smirked at me. I rolled my eyes at her.

"Don't forget conceited." I causing the stylist noonas to giggle silently. Krystal shot me a glare, "I'm sorry Krystal~" I sang after standing up once the stylist noona finished. I did a hair flip and winked at myself in the mirror - smirking.

"And I'm the conceited one?"

"Yes."

I walked away from the hair styling and made me way to the clothing stylist. I bowed to my hyung before he started to shoo me away towards the dressing room, "Alright! Who do you think will be done getting ready Mr. Don!" the director exclaimed.

"It'll be Mr. Liu director-nim!" The stylist, Mr. Don, exclaimed from outside the door.

I sighed and started to get dressed with the provided clothes in front of me. I had two set of clothes, but I figured the photo shoot won't be long since I only had two sets. I wore the first shirt since it was the same pants, but different shirts. It was a white tee with a wicked design on it that I didn't know how to describe it.

"Ready Mr. Liu?" Mr. Don asked 

I grabbed my eye drops and put them in my eyes. I blinked out the rest and shook my head so I can stay awake, "Same routine." I muttered before drinking water and walking out of the room. I smiled at Mr. Don before being led to the familiar white backdrop while he fitted a black single glove on my left hand.

"Alright Mr. Samuel Liu, I want you to give me innocent look into the camera." The director said. I nodded and let the people pose me before staring at the camera with the best innocent (tired) look with a straight face.

Click.

I was able to move my body as the director was examining the camera. I rubbed my eyes when they felt like dropping and I looked over where Krystal was taking a separate photo shoot from me with another director. She was in a chair doing her signature bbuing bbuing pose, 'Oh great..aegyo picture?' I thought as I rolled my eyes with a small smile.

"Alright Samuel, we'll have to do another take because you seem a bit staggered in this picture. Are you feeling alright?" he asked me as he walked over. I only nodded even though I felt absolutely light headed.

"Ne." I lied. I patted my cheek to keep myself awake before doing the same pose as before and staring innocently, tired at the camera. 

Click. 

"The picture is alright now, go get changed in the second set of shirt." He commanded me. Mr. Don led me back to the dressing room where I was to switch to the black tee with wording. I closed the door to get changed in private before staggering over to the near by table.

"Aish..I feel suddenly light headed." I muttered. My breathing was heavy, but I was able to pull through after some cold water that was left in my room, "Okay Sammy you can pull through. Just one more shot and you'll be done, but than you'll have to go filming." I muttered to myself when I changed my shirt and went towards the white backdrop not waiting for Mr. Don.

"Baby Liu?" Krystal called.

I looked over at her still with the same tired expression, "Ne Baby Jung?" I asked.

"Are you feeling okay? You look pale." she told me, walking over.

"Never better." I lied as I didn't want to worry her.

Krystal put her cold hand on my forehead and I became flustered at the sudden skin ship, "You're burning up! Just admit you aren't doing well," she impatiently tapped her foot while sending me glares as she was now my height thanks to her heels, "and if you lie through your teeth I will make sure to tell Amber and you know how Amber will get when you lie to me or to her."

I gulped and looked away from her icy glare. I looked for a quick escape, "Hey look..cucumbers..." I whispered and pointing behind her. She rolled her eyes at me and slapped my cheek gently.

"I'm not falling for that pabo."

I sighed before taking tiny - really TINY - steps backwards. I just stared into Krystal's eyes and gave her a small smile, "I feel awesome Krystal. I'm just getting flustered because a beautiful girl is standing right in front of me." I lied/complimented her.

Her cheeks had a hint of red, but she shook her hand and glared. "Yah! Stop changing the subject and tell me the truth!"

"Hey..." I said slowly, "I gotta go to my photo shoot! You should too!" I exclaimed before dashing to my photographer. Krystal was going to follow, but I heard some stylist noonas warning her not too ruin her hair and her outfit. I smirked after my victory escape.

"Mr. Liu?" Director-nim called. I looked over my shoulder at him and smiled even though my heart was racing after that very short run, 'I'm to exhausted to even run a foot....' I thought as the director was explaining this concept pose. I basically had to give a teasing seductive look to the camera.

I did the pose and it took about five shots to get the right concept because every time I had my thumb push against my bottom lip I would begin laughing hysterically when the photo was about to be took. It's just that I'm not used to taking seductive looking photos and the exhaustion just made me a bit loco in the head, but the photo came out like the director wanted.

"Okay Samuel-ah and Krystal-ssi, it's time to get you on set." My manager exclaimed. I changed out of my photo shoot clothes and back to my sweats before getting into the car. Krystal followed after getting back into her own clothing and she sat in the back.

"Baby Liu, are you sure you can do the filming today?" Krystal asked me, going back to the topic a half hour ago.

I nodded, "Don't sweat it to much Baby Jung. Hwaiting!" I smiled before eyeing her and telling her to keep quiet when my manager entered the van. Krystal sat back in her seat and went straight to texting her members.

I sighed and sat in my own seat resting, 'I'm sorry Krystal...I just don't want to let anyone down after they supported me...'

 

 

Few hours into shooting...

 

"Alright Sammy-ssi," The director nim called me and put an arm on my shoulder, "this is the part where Krystal's character finds you sleeping on the tree branch after she went looking for you." he explained the scene to me while using a script to point at the branch I was going to seated on. It was going to be individual shots so that I can have landings pads underneath the ground.

"Arasso," I replied with a nod. "This will be before the part where we make the deal right?" I asked. My mind has been jumbled up lately that can't remember much of the script anymore.

"Right."

I nodded and climbed up the ladder that was set up and was perfectly situated sitting on the branch that was strong enough to hold me. I was wearing a school uniform and we were in front of a school so it was filled with fans that were able to see the filming taking place from afar. "Hold on for a few minutes Samuel-ssi! I need to prep Krystal, but in the mean time get yourself ready for the filming!" he exclaimed before running over to where Krystal is.

I gave a thumbs up and watched the ladder disappear beside the tree. I put my arms across my chest and closed my eyes to look like I was sleeping, but my body had other plans.


Author's Point of View

"Alright! We are ready!" The director shouted as he took his seat beside his assistant, "and action!"

Krystal began walking towards the tree that Samuel was located in. The camera was mainly focused on her before walking behind her and following the younger Jung from behind like the viewer's would be seeing from her perspective. All that Krystal was focused on the tree that she was told to meet in.

"I don't even see the rude foreigner." Krystal scoffed while staring at the paper. The camera caught a sight of the paper with the signature of D.P. "Stupid better be there or else I'm wasting my singing lessons for him."

When Krystal arrived the the tree she looked around. She looked almost everywhere for the young Liu before eventually looking up after her frustration got to her. She was a bit startled by her, "Hey!"

No response.

"Stupid! I'm here what did you want!"

No response.

"Oh alright I'll leave than! Lost at words after I beat you in the spelling contest last hour?" She scoffed before flipping her hair arrogantly and her heels, "Bye!"

No response. Odd, there was only suppose to be two silent parts.

"Samuel!" The director called after not getting any words from the latter. "Samuel-ssi repeat your lines!"

No response.

The director sighed in frustration and got up from his seat to head to the tree. Krystal made her way back to where Samuel was and saw that he had his eyes closed, "Stupid Baby Liu stop pretending to be asleep and say your lines!" she screamed, but when Samuel didn't response again she got worried, "Sammy?"

"Krystal is everything alright?" The director asked after arriving underneath the tree.

"I don't know director nim..." the young Jung replied a bit worried. 

"Someone get the lad-"

"Omo! Director!" Krystal screamed when Samuel started to tilt to the side. The director on instinct held his arms out and caught the falling Liu in his arms, "Sammy! Sam! Samuel! Wake up!" she shouted after seeing Samuel fall from the tree branch. 

The young Liu was breathing heavily and looked a lot exhausted up close.

"I need medics! Krystal call his sister and manager!" The director shouted orders.


Ooohhh the suspense! .. Yea that isn't much of a manager conflict for this story it'll happen eventually~

Comment and Subscribe~