Chapter 39

My Half Brother..bwoh!?

Amber's Point of View

"Do you have any idea what you are going to talk about with him?" Sulli asked. 

I shrugged while fixing my hair. I put on my hood, "In all honesty I'm thinking he wants to talk about the offer, but than again I can be wrong." I replied before getting in the car after Sulli. They wanted to tag along, "Is it necessary for you girls to come when I want to talk to my brother alone as well?" I questioned.

"We're hungry as well!" Krystal and Tiffany whined in the back. I rolled my eyes, "Don't worry we'll sit far away from you guys!" Tiffany beamed with a smile. I laughed at that idea, but just nodded in approval.

"You people and your wacky ideas. By the way Tiffany, don't you ever have schedules now?" I asked the older girl.

She gave me an eyesmile,"Today is my off day silly! I decided to use it to annoy all of my dongsaengs!" she sang and hugged all of us. We just giggled at her action before I told our driver to the location of the BBQ place. "Hey Amber."

I looked in the back at Tiffany, "Hm?"

"Think about your words." She told me. I gave her a thumbs up and she gave me an eyesmile, "Now..Luna hand me my phone!" the older girl shouted trying to attack our vocalist. Sulli was trying to help Luna and Krystal just stared at me. 

"What?" I asked.

Krystal flicked me on the forehead, "Just wanted to hurt you." she smirked and sat back in her seat. I rubbed my forehead in pain.

"You'll be the person that will ruin the Lius...." I muttered while thinking back to all the times she was seen hitting Sammy on set, in public, or in fancams. Many people are labeling the Baby siblings the ''Tom & Jerry" couple. "Do you like hurting us?" I whined, poking Krystal constantly.

Krystal started hitting me and I slapped her hands away so she can't hurt me. It was like this for almost the rest of the trip until our driver told us that we've arrived at our destination. I stuck my tongue out at Krystal.

"I'll leave first, you girls make sure not to be seen by Sammy." I said putting on my shades. I got out of the van and walked into the restaurant where I saw Sammy sitting in the corner playing with his phone. I told the ahjussi that I was with Sammy before approaching the table, "Aren't you a bit to old to be playing phone games?" I teased after taking my seat.

"You are never to old for games noona." Sammy replied. He faced the phone to me and the next thing I know I heard the snap of a camera, "Hehe you look cute noona!" he beamed happily.

"Yah I wasn't even posed!" I whined. Sammy lifted up the phone camera again and I did a V sign posed. He took the picture again before the food he ordered before hand came. "Wow House Special! Whats the occasion baby brother?" I asked, picking up my chopstick. I started to eat after thanking the ahjussi who brought the food.

"Just wanted to treat my noona to something special." He grinned and started to eat the food as well.

I looked up from eating and saw the girls walking in the restaurant. Sammy had his back to them and he was to distracted by food to even notice me mouthing things to the girls. I turned my attention back to Sammy, "Yah slow down baby Liu! We don't want 'Daniel' to look fat in upcoming episodes." I and he stuck his tongue at me.

"I was put on a strict diet by my mom after she saw how much I eat so I must savor this moment!" He declared loudly. I looked around and not many people looked at us seeing as it was a lively crowd - no one even notice about six idols amongst them.

"It's a good thing that she put you on a diet. You started looking a little fat in the beginning of December." I taunted and wiped his cheek that had a piece of rice on it. 

"Yah! It's not my fault that I was busy fanboying over SNSD noonas comeback that I just had to eat a lot over anticipation and Taeyeon noona learned how to make halo-halo! I will not let that opportunity slip by me when one of my noonas feed me a dessert!" he ranted. I just giggled at his childish ness before stuffing his mouth with rice so he won't continue. 

"Your f(x) noonas would feed you, but we're so busy. Plus...stop bothering your SNSD noonas when they are busy promoting!" I scolded and he pouted after taking out the spoon from his mouth. 

"It wasn't my fault that Amber noona didn't talk to me for two months..." Sammy muttered while picking up a meat from the plate and putting it in his mouth.

I felt a pang of guilt hit me, "Mianhe Sammy, but your noona had to clear her head a bit. Lots of things going on and I wanted to clear my head to think." I smiled and held his hand, "Your noona will ... will try to never do that again." I reassured him. He looked up at me and had a dinosaur grin plastered on his face.

"Yay! This calls for halo-halo!" Sammy exclaimed and I smacked him on the head, "Ow!"

"I'm cutting you off from that dish, it's getting you on the fat side baby brother." I teased and he puffed his cheeks out. I rolled my eyes at him and took a bite out of the Dak galbi, "So what did you wanna talk about?" I asked after remembering why we came here.

Sammy took a big gulp of his roasted barley tea before putting down the glass. He looked at me, "Er...yea that.." he stammered looking nervous. I put down my chopsticks to listen to him and considering we were almost done with the food, "I don't know if Krystal told you, but I got an offer for a role in a drama by my mom..." he told me and I acted surprise.

"Really? Omo that must be great Sammy!" I smiled and pinched his cheek, "You really surpassed everyone's expectation rookie." I teased and he gave me a weak smile.

"But...it's in the Philippines." 

I retreated my hand back slowly and looked at him with a 'fake' shocked expression. He bought it that's for sure, "What should I do noona? I want to go to the Philippines with my mom, but I don't want to leave your side." Sammy told me. I looked at him feeling touched that he doesn't want to leave my side, but I pushed those feelings away thinking about f(x) and our image we worked hard on. 'Sammy...f(x).....Sammy....f(x).....'

"In all honesty Sammy, I think you should take the offer." I said softly while looking at the last piece of Gamjajeon on the plate in front of me. I glanced up at Sammy and he had an unreadable expression.

"B-But...I don't want to be apart from you noona.." He stammered. 'I'm slowly getting irritated with you Sammy...why do you make me feel so guilty! ...'

I smiled weakly, "You won't be apart from me for so long right? It can't be that long a role." I said before taking a sip of my coke. I looked at him, but he wasn't looking at me instead he was looking at his lap. "Right Sammy?" I asked slowly. 

"The drama might last an entire year and the role I was offered is a main character..." He told me. This I didn't know and my eyes widen in complete shock, "Noona?"

"A-Almost an entire year?" I asked, my voice trembling.

Sammy nodded and took my hand in his, "Noona..what should I do?..I trust you the most and I respect your judgment." He told me. I bit my bottom lip thinking back to my conversation with his mom.

Flashback...

"Amber!" I heard my name being called.

I removed the one earphone I had in my ear and turned back to see Mrs. Padilla fast walking to me. I was startled by her sudden appearance, "H-Hello auntie." I stammered.

"Can we talk?" she asked. I nodded and stood still, "You aren't going to ask what I want to talk about?" Mrs. Padilla questioned.

"I'm assuming it's about Sammy considering there won't be much for us to talk casually." I made a smart remark. Mrs. Padilla just let out a soft laugh before placing her hand on my shoulder.

"I keep forgetting I'm talking to a 20 year old," she admitted. I pouted a bit because she assumed I was younger. I don't have a baby face like Kim Taeyeon do I?! "Anyways...I wanna know something."

"What do you want to know?" I asked.

"How much do you love Samuel?" Mrs. Padilla asked. I was a bit startled by the question considering I have not spoken to Sammy in two months already and now I'm asked to answer a question about him?

I hesitated to answer so I took a few minutes before responding, "I love Sammy alot. I don't care if he is my baby cousin or brother I will always care about him. I'll put his happiness first before mine and I'll practically do almost anything for him...as long as he pays me back." I lightly joked and looked at her.

Mrs. Padilla nodded. She crossed her arms in front of her, "You care about Sammy a lot, but considering you've been avoiding him for..I believe it's been two months already." she admitted and my eyes widen. 'How did she know?' "You are probably wondering how I know?" ''Gosh does she read minds!?'

I only nodded.

"I may be a foreigner here Amber, but I have my ways to finding information." She told me. I shuddered a bit considering that was a bit creepy to find out! "Any who...if you care about Sammy that much and put his happiness before yours, I need a favor to ask of you." Mrs. Padilla said.

"Okay, but if it's anything that I can't do then..yea." I told her.

She let out a small laugh, "No I'm pretty sure you can do this," Mrs. Padilla said while taking a step closer to me. I back up a bit not liking the closeness, "I want you to convince Samuel to go back to the Philippines with me to pursue a much more better acting career in his home country." 

My eyes widen, "But..but Sammy likes it here in Korea..in S.M Entertainment.." I whispered.

"But wouldn't it be better if he pursues an acting career in his home country? Yes, I can see that my son likes it here, but what you don't know is he may be lonely here knowing that he is the only Filipino in S.M." Mrs. Padilla told me and smirked, "Doesn't that make you feel guilty at all?"

"It doesn't matter though Mrs. Padilla, the S.M Artist treat one another like family and Sammy is just another little brother to everyone else. I'm sorry, but I can't fulfill your favor as Sammy is most happiest here and taking away where he is most happiest will just make me be a hypocrite for taking away that happiness." I explained, trying to make my way to the dance studio again, but she stopped me (AGAIN).

"I can make you change your mind." She told me.

I sighed and put my hand on my hip, "How would you change my mind? I know I'm ignoring Sammy at the moment, but I have my own good reasons." I told her and sent her a glare.

"I wonder how your girl group...what was it...f(x)? I wonder how they'll react when a scandal is suddenly brought up?" Mrs. Padilla taunted. My eyes widen and I felt my jaws tense up. "I have people Amber. So it's either convince Samuel or watch f(x) crumble like T-ara." 

"Why do you want Sammy so badly?" I asked clenching and unclenching my fist.

"Have you seen his drama's rating? He shows charisma with that Jung girl and it brought the both of them lot of money. Samuel is a walking slot machine." She said and I scoffed.

"That's all you see in your son?" I asked.

She just let out a witch like laugh, "I've never seen him as my son. I knew that he had a talent with his head, but seeing him bring in money for acting? This will be an amazing opportunity to take and uphold." she explained. Mrs. Padilla straightened up her body before glaring at me, "So I assume you'll do me the favor or else. You have until Sammy's birthday." she whispered.

"Amber!" It was Tiffany. I turned my head to look at her before being engulfed in her hug.

Tiffany and Mrs. Padilla had the small exchange before she returned to talking to me, "Think about what I said Amber and I'll see you on Sammy's birthday.."

Back to Reality..

"Noona?" Sammy called. I blinked my eyes a bit and looked around, "You okay?" he asked me a bit slowly.

I nodded a bit dazed, "What were we talking about again?"

Sammy helped the ahjussi pick up the plates first before looking at me, "About me going to the Philippines..should I take the role?" he asked me. I bit my bottom lip while thinking of my decision. I caught eye contact with Tiffany - who was just watching us - and saw Krystal, Sulli, and Luna - my members that might be affected by my decision. I looked away from them feeling guilt build up before looking up at the standing Sammy.

"I think..."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"...you should take up the offer."


Did I kill you with the suspense? Do I fool you with the members might be affected part? Well...what will Sammy's reaction be? Don't I make Sammy's mom a witch!?

Comment and Subscribe~