Chapter 14

My Half Brother..bwoh!?

Fair warning: This chapter just includes a project and bonding~


Samuel's Point of View

"Christmas special!?" S.M's artist exclaimed. 

I was standing behind Amber and Sulli as we were in a meeting with the CEO of S.M Entertainment, Lee Soo-man. We were called into the meeting two days after the documentary filming and we were just looking at him with disbelief on our faces. He just sat there with a cheery smile plastered on his face and I can see Sunny whining to him about something that I couldn't catch as they were far from my hearing and everyone was muttering to each other.

"Papa Lee don't you think it's unreasonable? We want to spend Christmas with our family, don't get me wrong because I love our fans, but shouldn't we get a break for that one week?" Sungmin hyung of Super Junior asked.

Papa Lee shook his head and more gasp were heard, "Aish let me finish pabo children!" he said before letting out a jolly laugh. We looked at him weirdly, "You'll be performing a united agency fanservice concert."

"What?"

"We'll be teaming up with talents from JYP, YG, CCM, DSP, CUBE, TS, and LOEN Entertainment." he explained to us. Muttering among the idols were heard again, but I just stood there confused.

"The performances will be held two days before Christmas and all the talents will be able to get a break for Christmas with family," he explained to us. We just started nodding and I leaned on Amber's chair, "as for our rookie talent in this room, we have a position that will make a name for you." he smiled at me and I stood up more confused.

"You have so much hope in my dongsaeng." Sehun joked while patting me on the back.

"Oh don't worry," Lee Soo-man smiled and we all got scared. He looked at everyone before speaking again, "we CEOs will let our talents run the show while we organize it so we'll get venue, arrangements, and all the other important things while our talents discuss how to run the show. Samuel-ah will be the main MC while other talents co-MC with him."

I scratched my head, "Let me dumb down what you just said Papa Lee," I said before sighing and looking at him straight in the eye, "I'll be MC-ing one of the biggest specials with TOP top talents of the music industry that will also be also produced, arranged, and performed by the talents?" I asked him as my voice got a bit squeaky. I was in complete awe and sadness.

"Pretty much," He replied to me. I pouted, but he cleared his throat so I paid attention to him again "Don't think of this as giveaway jobs Samuel, but think of it as public S.M rookie boot camp for you. I'm not trying to be a slave driver or antyhing, but I want to be the first CEO to have these words trending: Jung and Liu genes." he smiled.

Everyone went dead silent for a few minutes before eruption of laughter came.

"Now get rehearsing rascals," He said after standing up from his seat, "Your managers will give you the performance list and the breakdown on how it'll go down. " he explained before leaving the office.

I let out a sigh before Amber pat me on the head, "Don't worry Sammy, it's good that he has hope in you." she told me.

"It's barely been a week since I've been in Korea and I have this much hope from a big CEO man?" I pouted. All my hyungs and some noonas started to tease me and I can only go ''Dark Samuel'' on them as I started to chase them when they made a run for it. 'How am I suppose to MC? I don't know how to MC...'

I eventually stopped chasing them after an hour or so. I entered the f(x) studio and found only Amber inside, "Where are the others?" I asked after grabbing Amber's water bottle and drinking from it. She stuck her tongue at me before standing up and cracking her neck.

"They have no more schedule today and wanted to go rest," she explained to me before turning on the radio, "I stayed behind to practice dancing and I was waiting for you to stop chasing your sunbaes." she teased. I pouted and put the water bottle in front of the mirror, "You know you could of turned down that MC role." 

I shrugged and looked at the radio, "What is this song?" I asked.

"You seriously need to start learning about k-pop," Amber sighed before knocking me on the head, "it's Electric Shock by yours truly." she explained to me and I only nodded.

"I'm learning, but it's kind of hard too if I need to be rehearsing for my role of Krystal's drama." I explained to her before sitting down, but I was immediately pulled up by Amber.

"You know how to dance?" She asked.

"If this is about what people said on the internet, we don't need to prove that it could be in the Lius genes." I told her while fixing my hat, "and I don't know how to dance, but show me what you can teach." I challenged.

Amber let out a small laugh before hanging her head low and doing a quick nod and doing a moonwalk, "Try."

"Again I'm not good in dancing, but I do have a good memory." I mocked before imitating her movement.

Amber nodded before doing a small kick with her foot hitting the ground in front of me and quick half circle before her foot met with her other foot again. She did a quick small steps back before rolling her hat off her arm and into her hand that was directly pointed at me.

"Is that all?" I asked after imitating her movements, but adding a drop with a freeze.

Amber laughed, "So you are a genius when it comes to memory?" 

I nodded before standing up. I smiled at her and she knocked on my head, " Hey you said that we will get to know each other if we were alone. Now spill things about yourself," she merong-ed me. I glared at her and she hit me on the head, "I find this quite amusing." Amber laughed before sitting down and pulling me down beside her.

I laid my head on her lap and stared up at her, "I'm Samuel Daniel Liu, born on April 26, 1994, so that makes me 18 years old." I told her before she knocked me on the head again.

"I knew everything from that sentence except 'Daniel' and your birthday." 

I laughed and continued, "I was born in the Philippines so that makes me more of a Filipino than a Korean," I started to explain while my heart began to feel heavy talking about my parents, "I wasn't suppose to be born because our dad was drunk as well as my mother during the um..moment of making Baby Liu, but my mother refused to abort me. I'm a bastard." I said sadly.

Amber held my hand, "You know you don't have to tell me that.."

"But you want to know and .. it just feels more comfortable letting it out finally," I explained. She looked at me before gesturing me to continue, "I attended a school in the Philippines where I met Hana, as well as learning Tagalog and English, before being transferred to Taiwan at the age of 13 by our dad. I didn't bother to learn Chinese because I was attending a Korean school in Taiwan." 

"Interesting education life you had baby brother." Amber commented.

I laughed and nodded, "My photographic memory was founded by our dad and my mother because I remembered everything that they told me and I use it as blackmail on them." I snickered which caused Amber to snicker as well. We high-fived each other before I continued on about my personal life, but I was a bit hesitant on this part.

"What's wrong?" Amber asked a bit worried. I shook it off and smiled at her before talking.

"I was sent here to you because after a few more years of living with old man Liu that I felt neglected. I was still close with dad, but he slowly distant himself with me because of your mom and I had no interaction for a couple of years with my mom. I don't know why, but they just neglected me as well as almost all relatives of ours and mine." I explained t her while clenching her hand that was in mine. I closed my eyes and let out a sigh, "On my 18th birthday this year was when dad decided to send me here to live with you. I was totally against it because I'm just your half-brother and I didn't know if you agreed upon my existence like every other related person."

Amber glared at me and knocked on my head, "It's a good thing he forced you to come here or else I wouldn't know if I had a younger brother and I could be the older siblings for once instead of the younger," she laughed. I smiled at her, "how was Jackie's reaction on you?"

"She was like you. She accepted me and actually liked me," I explained to her and she nodded while smiling, "she took care of me when dad and your mom would neglect my existence. Jackie would usual ask me to go grocery shopping with her, takes me to school, and even did all that medicine thing, but all gentler!" 

Amber just laughed and I laughed with her.

"Now enough of family, what are your likes?" She asked me after calming down.

I started to talk to her about all my things that I like and dislike as she started to introduce herself to me. We shared good laughs while talking about our dad - even prank calling him - and eventually time caught up to us. I was half asleep on the ground with Amber singing a soft lullaby to me. I smiled in my sleep and hugged her waist while burying my face into her stomach.

"Yah..that tickles.." she muttered before pushing me off. I smiled before crawling towards the door, "I'll take you home MC Samuel." Amber teased before helping me up and supporting my sleepy body on her short frame. I was staggering a bit because of my sleepiness.

'Thank you old man...I think someone finally accepts my existence in this world...'


Aww...isn't that sweet? Liu moments just make me so teary..but You'll have to wait for more about Samuel's past later in the story! xP Oh wait that was a spoiler ignore it! Don't you dare highlight! 

Haha I'm sorry if I spoiled it or trolled you or failed trolled you xP

Comment and Subscribe.