Chapter 33

My Half Brother..bwoh!?

Samuel's Point of View

I sat there looking at the sealed letter. Tiffany had just left and told me she'll be back, but I doubt it since Sooyoung, Krystal, and Jessica had to leave like a few minutes ago due to their schedule so I had no hope for Tiffany coming back now. Why was Amber upset?

"Might as well open this.." I whispered tearing the letter open and spilling the documents that was inside. I was surprised by it and just started to organize them before reading the one that was hand written:

Dear Samuel,

I'm so sorry for ignoring you for the pass years, but your mommy was trying to win a custody battle with your father. I know you should be old enough to understand what custody battle is so I'll get to the point. You will be permanently under my custody now so once your drama is done, we'll be going back to the Philippines. Isn't that great? We'll be able to live a better life now thanks to your new found acting ability and the help of your step-dad! Well I'll be staying at the hotel just close by S.M Studio so you'll be able to see me everyday until your drama is done. Ah..I can't wait for you to go back to your true home and your true family not that ratty Liu family. Well mommy has to end the letter now, but please go through the documents so you can see for yourself about the custody battle we had.

Love Mommy

I stared at the letter with a blank stare. True home and your true family...I re read the line and I couldn't help, but suddenly have a heavy heart. "..True home?...true family?" I whispered before folding all the documents and letters up into the envelope. I threw the letter onto the side table and sat back, "..But..Amber is my true family..what are you talking about mom?"

"Darling~" I heard someone call. I looked to the side and saw my mom happily walking in, "You are finally awake, did you read the letter?" she asked me with a smile on her face.

"Um...y-yea mom." I stammered.

My mom put her hand against my forehead and I flinched a bit, "Whats wrong?" 

"N-Nothing." I stammered and mentally smacked myself in the face. I changed the topic, "Have you seen my drama mom?" I smiled after sitting up. She just looked at me with a smile. 

"Of course! You are so handsome there and you act so well maybe we can get you to work for your step-dad's company once we head to the Philippines." My mom grinned and held my hands, "You'll be most famous in the Philippines, Daniel!"

"Mom, my name is Samuel and my middle name is Daniel." I stated.

She shook her hand, "No your stage name will now be Daniel Padilla, Padilla coming from your step-father's family name." she explained and I just sat there wanting my mouth to drop, but my teeth just clenched.

"What?" I asked in a mocking tone before pulling my hands away from her, "You want me to change my name? I don't even know who my step-father is so I'll be good staying with Samuel Liu because I'm a Liu. Also mom, can I think about going back to the Philippines? I'm really comfortable in Korea and my sister is here." I explained.

My mom sighed and rubbed her forehead, "Samuel...the Philippines is your home, remember? You grew up there." she tried to convince me, but I shook my head, "Samuel Daniel Padilla!" 

"I am not a Padilla!" I exclaimed. I felt my blood pressure going up, "Let me just think about it alright mom? I'm happy that I might go back to the Philippines, but it's so sudden alright? You just came here today and you never warned me so how was I suppose to prepare myself for this?" I interrogated her. My mom was a bit taken back.

She stood up suddenly and made her way to the door, No don't leave me again... "Wait mom..I didn't mean it!" I shouted.

"Just think about it Samuel. You know which apartment complex I'm talking about, right? The number of the room is on the letter. I love you Samuel and I'll await your decision." She explained, not looking at me. With that she left me alone in the hospital room with only the sound of the heart rate monitor beeping beside me.

I closed my eyes and leaned back on my bed, thinking back to when my mom turned her back to me last time.

Flashback...

 

Eleven year old me was walking down the streets in the Philippines. I just came back from working and I was exhausted, but I had to do my homework now, "Damn it...why is my mom there again....." I muttered when I noticed her in a bar. I sighed and continued to walk with my head down until I ran into someone.

"Hey boys, look it's Sammy." Jack, one of those idiot bullies in my school, said. I let out a heavy sigh since I ran into him of all people. "Where are you off too? Back to your of a mom?" Yes, my mom was known to be a .. '''' but I don't believe it. I only believe that she is upset a lot and needs to let it out in her own way so I let her.

"Back off Jack, I have to get home." I muttered softly trying to get pass him, but he just pushed my back, "Leave me alone." I growled.

"Aw why? We are friends right?" He asked and I just walked passed him, but he just continued to bother me. "Street Friends wouldn't do that right? We people on the streets have to stick together." Jack explained while patting his chest and patting my chest ( a little to hard ).

"If you haven't notice I am not your friend and I do not live off the streets like you street rat." I fired back before pushing him out of the way.

"What did you call me? I'm better off being a street rat than a mistake like you." Jack laughed. His whole gang started to laugh, but that just set me off. Yes, my mom admitted in a drunken state to Jack's mom that I was a mistake, unplanned, a bastard.

"You shouldn't have called me that." I said, putting my bag down.

"And wh-" I stopped him there and laid a punch on his cheek. He rubbed his cheek before standing up and spitting blood out, "You shouldn't have done that bastard...." he said before tackling me to the ground.

I tried to fight back, but his gang was helping him. I was being kicked from left to right and Jack was punching me in the face repeatedly before I was able to move my head so his fist hit the gravel. I rolled him so he was under me and I was laying my own punches on his head.

"Someone get the cops!"

Neither of us heard that. His gang did though and abandoned us while we just laid punches on one another before I felt myself being pulled off Jack, "Whose kid is this!" the police screamed at the crowd that appeared. Jack was pulled away by another officer and he was sending me glares, I just smirked because I gave him a busted lip and a broken nose.

I looked around the crowd and caught eyes of my mom. "If no one claims this kid than he'll be spending the night in the local police station!" the officer shouted and I just looked at my mom. She looked back at me with disappointment and shame.

"Mom..." I whispered hoping she'll step up and just scold me instead of letting me stay at the police station.

My mom just turned around and went back to the bar with her ''date''. I stood there shocked by my mom's actions before the officer locked handcuffs on my wrist, "Ah..kid what did you get yourself into? Did your mom raise you to be like this?" he questioned and walked me towards the police station.

Back to Reality...

"Mom...don't leave me again...I'm sorry..." I muttered softly and clenching my blanket. I felt a lone tear trailing down my cheek and my heart felt to heavy to move any body parts that I didn't wipe away the tear and many other tears followed right after.

'Amber I need advice....where are you when I need you the most....'

 


Well this contradicts the other chapter.....Amber wants to stay away from Sammy, but Sammy needs Amber....OHH WHAT FUN!

Comment and Subscribe~