Chapter 3

My Half Brother..bwoh!?

Samuel's Point of View

I grabbed my jacket and put on my shoes before heading out the door. I locked my apartment door and headed to the garage like my dad's note told me, "This better be good because I'm late to meet Hana and Hana hates la-" I stopped talking to myself when I saw a huge box in the garage with my name on it. "Okay, what the heck?" I said.

I walked towards the box and literally punched a hole in it, "He knows that I hate opening things." I muttered pushing the box off the thing and I almost fainted. There in the place where that annoying, big box was my dream bike. A white Hyosung GT650r.

I grabbed the helmet that hung off the handles, but a note fell out. I put on the helmet before reading the so called important note:

'Look papa bought you a new bike! Have fun riding it okay? Be careful also and don't forget to bond! Love Dad'

I rolled my eyes at the note, "He doesn't trust me? I had my license since I was 16!" I scoffed before jumping on the bike and driving off to the cafe that Hana gave me the directions too. I smiled while I rode through traffic and started to think while focusing on my path to the cafe.

'Amber seemed like she was trying..but I don't know. I've been neglected enough and I can't get to attach to her because she'll eventually forget I'm even in South Korea by the time three months are up. I'll give her a chance, but I won't open up until I know I'm safe with her by the third month,' I thought to myself letting out a huge sigh, 'her hugs are comforting and warm..'

I drove up to a cafe before parking it. I removed my helmet and shook my head before hanging it on the handle, "CUBE Studio?" I whispered, entering the busy cafe. I was suddenly pulled away after entering and I was in a\ room with two girls, "Thanks for kidnapping me?"

"Oppa!" One of the girls smiled and pulled down her hood. I looked at her up and down, "Don't tell me you forgot about me oppa?" she asked and gave me cute eyesmile. I squinted my eyes and tilted my head to the side like a lost puppy, but I suddenly remembered when she gave me a kiss on the cheek, "Chu~"

"Hana honey?" I asked.

"Bingo~" Hana replied before pulling the other girl's hood down. I looked at her and squinted my eyes to try recognizing her because she seemed familiar, "this is Kwon Sohyun, you know her right?"

"Aniyo. Yah Hana this is why I contacted you earlier, I need some help.." I said shyly.

"Why is that Samuel-ssi?" Sohyun said. I looked up at her and gave her a weak smile with a flustered face.

I took a deep breath, "I'm f(x) Amber's half-brother and I want to familiar myself with k-pop so can you help me?" I asked, getting on my knees. I looked at the both of them with pleading eyes and they just giggled.

"Get up oppa," Hana instructed me and I stood up. She just gave me another kiss on the cheek before taking my hand and Sohyun's hand taking us to a room that was labeled dance studio. As we walked in I saw four beautiful girls sitting on the ground eating food. "Hi unnies!"

"Hana!" One of them with dark reddish hair cheered. I looked at her before a finger was snapping in front of me, "Omo Hyuna missed Hana! Wae doesn't Sohyun bring her to the studio anymore?!"

"This is exactly why Hyuna unnie." Sohyun replied smirking. I just stared at her and rolled my eyes chuckling softly, "Unnies, this is Samuel-ssi. He'll be here learning about k-pop from Hana and I." she explained while using her hands to gesture. 

"Bwoh!? He doesn't know about k-pop!?" The girl with the red hair and a girl covered in a blanket exclaimed. I kinda gave a weak smile and rubbed the nape of my neck. "Aish, Hana teach this boy!"

"Oppa sit down!" Hana demanded. I dropped on my and sat there staring at Hana and Sohyun, who had an evil glint in their eyes. I suddenly became nervous around them. "Let's teach about girl groups! First will be 4minute!" she exclaimed.

I tilted my head and Hana kicked my face, "Aish! My face is my money maker!" I whined rubbing my forehead glaring at her. "Wait I remember attending a show in the Philippines while I visited my mom and a k-pop group was performing.." I said recalling the memory. I started to hum to the faint tune I could remember, but it was like 4 years ago.

All of a sudden the familiar tune came up and I was pulled from the ground by the red hair member, "One! saenggak eobshi neul, naega naega shineun shoes~" she sang, flipping her hair and giving me a wink.

I was pulled away by a eye smile girl and she smiled at me with her eyes, "Two! nae mamdaero tto, jakku jakku haneun pose." she sang striking a pose near me before ruffling her hair in a y way and walking away leaving me in awe.

Sohyun then pulled me away holding my hands and smiling, "Three! amureohke na, saljjak saljjak bareun rouge." she sang giving me a flying kiss with a wink. I suddenly felt weak and I could feel the heat rising to my cheeks already.

"4-4-4-4-4 minute, hot hot hot issue." They all sang striking a pose. I suddenly fell back holding my heart that was racing fast.

"And that Samuel is how the 4minute girls wins the hearts of boys," Hana teased while fanning me with a piece of paper, "now sit up so they can introduce themselves to you because you seemed awestruck at the moment. I nodded and sat up like a robot, still flustered, facing 4minute girls.

"Anyonghaseyo Samuel-ssi. I'm Nam Jihyun, 4minute's leader." Jihyun, the one who left me in awe with her pose, greeted me. Her eyesmile just makes my heart race.

The girl wrapped in the blanket securely waved, "Anyonghaseyo Samuel-ah, I'm Heo Gayoon. I apologize that I didn't sing well because I am currently not feeling that well." Gayoon explained and I nodded understanding, but she still seemed to capture my heart.

"Sammy~ I'm Jeon Jiyoon, the aegyo girl of the group." Jiyoon introduced herself cutely. The red hair girl pouted and cling onto the girl while whispering something, "Yah! Quiet!" Jiyoon used aegyo.

The girl sighed before turning to me and smiling, "Anyonghaseyo Sammy-ah, I'm Hyuna. The one and only Kim Hyuna!" she exclaimed, pointing at the ceiling. I silently laughed at her childish nature, but I couldn't help it and pondered from a y performance that left my heart racing by to an adorable introduction.

"You already know me Samuel-ssi." Sohyun smiled at me. I nodded and smiled at her.

Hana giggled and slapped my head, "Now that you know them, you would have no idea how many fanboys outside of this room would want to be in your position. Getting a wink from Hyuna, having Jihyun give you an eyesmile AND wink, and having Sohyun blow you a kiss? I think you are one lucky clueless fan," she giggled before handing me several CDs, "these are their albums, listen to them and I'll quiz you in a week."

My eyes widen, "A-Ano!? Loka-loka ka!" I told her in Tagalog before taking the CDs. Hana just glared at me and tackled me to the ground while strangling me. "Yah! You may be a girl and my childhood friend in the Philippines, but it gives you no rights to do this to me! I am older!" I shouted going back to Korean dialect. 

Sohyun and Hyuna pulled Hana off me and I muttered in English, "Good thing you don't know english..crazy.." She only glared at me though, but she grabbed her bag and went through some stuff before pulling out another CD.

"Okay Samuel! From 4minute we'll go to Girl's Generation or better yet known as SNSD," Hana explained and handed me a case full of CDs with the same group. I went through it..Girl's Generation....Oh!...The Boys...Run Devil Run..."Actually you should get to know them Samuel, you are close to the aren't you?" she asked me and I shrugged.

"They weren't there when I got to the studios." I replied.

"You know SNSD?" Jihyun asked me. I shook my head and she gave me a questioning look.

"I only know f(x) because my half-sister is part of the group, but please don't go spreading me around? It's bad enough that I might have to risk my sleep just to bond with my sister." I chuckled and they understood my situation. 

Hana cut our conversation and laid a poster in front of us.

 

"Where did you get that?" Sohyun and I questioned Hana. We looked at each other and smiled before turning serious and looking at the youngest person in this studio. She just waved it off and started to point at each of the members from left to right.

"Kwon Yuri, Kim Hyoyeon, Seohyun, Jessica Jung, Im Yoona, Tiffany Hwang, Kim Taeyeon, Lee Sunny, and Choi Sooyoung." Hana said pointing at each of the members.

I nodded while listening to her. Suddenly music came on and Hana smiled, "Hyuna unnie right now is playing 'Gee' by SNSD." she explained before sitting on my lap and pointing at the members, "Who is this?"

"Yuri?" I asked in a questioning tone.

"Pabo!" Hana replied and smacked me upside the head, "that's Im Yoona." she said and pointed at the one who was Yuri. I nodded while rubbing my head, "who is this?"

"Jess- (smack) Tiffany?" I answered after getting smacked. She patted me on the head.

"Who?" 

"Hyoyeon?" 

"Who?" I sighed knowing that if I get the answer right I don't get hit.

"Taey- (smack) Su- (smack) Sooyoung?" I rubbed my head. Hana just rolled my eyes at me and kept muttering 'pabo' under her breath before pointing at someone. I looked at the person and my heart skipped a beat.

"Sunny?" I answered with a not so sure and confident answer. Hana looked at me and snapped her fingers in front of me, "Aigoo..she's so cute.." I whispered while staring at Sunny's picture.

"Sunny unnie caught another boy's heart." Hyuna and Jiyoon joked. I looked up and just smiled weakly while hiding my flustered face, "Omo Hana your teaching method is very scary."

"I know." Hana smiled before getting off my lap and fishing for more CDs from her endless bag. I sighed and knew I was going to be here for a while.

Few hours later..

We went through almost all the groups that Hana and the 4minute girls know. My eyes hurt, my head is throbbing, and my hearing might be gone because we kept jumping from different genres of k-pop that my ears couldn't take it anymore. I was now watching 4minute and Hana get trapped by the Beast hyungs.

"So who is your bias?" The leader, Yoon Doojoon, questioned. 

"Is it me?" The main dance, Lee Kikwang, asked. He gave a charming smile to Sohyun and I kind of gotten a little jealous for no reason, but I just continued to watch.

"Aniyo! It's cute me!" The main vocalist, Yang Yoseob, argued with his dongsaeng. Kikwang and Yoseob started to playfully attack each other while the other members just watched in amusement. I started to pack my things into a bag I bought a few hours ago after seeing all the CDs that Hana brought with her and making me listen.

"Y-Yah look! Oppa is getting packed!" Hana stammered running over to me. Sohyun seemed to escape also and sit beside me with Hana in front of me, "before you go oppa, one more group?" she asked using aegyo. I sighed and nodded after rubbing my eyes

She pulled out six photo cards from her endless bag:

 

I rubbed my eyes to get a clearer view, "From left to right it's Luna noona, Victoria pe- I mean Victoria noona, Krystal-ah, Amber noona, and Sulli-ah." I told Hana before getting up and grabbing my bag.

"So you do know f(x) well at least." She smiled. I nodded and rubbed my eyes, "Are you sure you can go home by yourself oppa?" Hana asked me with concern in her voice.

"Yea I'll weak up when I feel the wind in my face." I joked before giving her a hug and looking at Sohyun, "It was truly nice to meet you Sohyun-ah and the other 4minute noonas as well, I hope we see each other again." I smiled before giving her a friendly hug and walking out of the studio room. I handed out of the building before tightening the bag on my back.

I put on my helmet and tightened it before hoping on the bike and heading to my apartment building. I groaned in frustration as my vision wasn't clear so my body took control of it's sleepy self and took me towards the S.M Building. The lights of cars weren't helping my vision so I quickly rode into the S.M parking lot and parked my bike.

"I should call one of my noonas.." I whispered after removing my helmet. I rubbed my eyes and my vision wouldn't come back so I was feeling a bit weak, "Yeobosaeyo.." I greeted on the phone.

"Ah Sammy, is anything wrong?" Victoria's voice spoke on the phone. I held my head because the lights of the cards passing by were bothering my massive headache and eyes, "Sammy?"

"I'm sleepy.." I replied before collapsing beside my bike.

"Sammy? Sammy? Amber!" Victoria shouted through the phone before I completely lost conscious and took a nice, well-deserved nap on the ground.