Forgiveness

SUNFLOWER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Forgiveness

A knock on his door doesn’t even bring any effect on the man inside the room. Seunghyun still lay down on his bed. Staring at the white ceiling above him. The knocked on the door stop but replaced by a creaked sound when the door was open from outside and a head peeked into the room.

“you are not going to work?” Park Hanbyul ask when she saw her bother in-law is still in his last night pajamas and not moving on his bed.

He came to her house last night looking that miserable accompanied by a taxi driver. He is wearing the formal clothes like he went to some party but his breath smell of Soju. Thank god her husband, Choi Dongwook is already back at home and he can help to carry Seunghyun’s to the house.

“at least, lets go down and have breakfast..your brother’s is already downstair and he is asking for you..” Park Hanbyul remind him.

She is not sure what is in his mind but there could be something. He looks the same when Yoona left him five years ago. Could it be the same problem again? Yoona? Park Hanbyul look at Seunghyun. He is not moving at all from his bed. The woman exhale.

“alright..I will tell your brother that you are not feeling well..” she finally give up before Seunghyun called her back.

“Noona..” he look at her and Park Hanbyul turn back to face him.

“I’ll be downstairs in few minutes..” he said as he stormed into the bathroom and Park Hanbyul smile. She closed the door and walk downstairs to join her husband and their daughter.

***

Yuri put the bowl with Kimchi jigae in front of Yoona. Youngbae is upstair. He just got back from his outstation in Busan and now he is refreshing himself before having breakfast.

“where is your husband?” Yoona ask.

“oppa is getting ready upstair..he just back from Busan this morning..” Yuri explain and Yoona nod her head. It still very early. She missed Yuri so much and that is why, she bring herself to her house early in the morning.

“it feels weird this way..” Yoona commented.

“weird?” Yuri ask.

“yes, its not like we are that young teenagers that always talk about school stuff or boyfriend but right now we are talking about your husband and works..” Yoona laugh and Yuri laugh along with her.

“where is Junhyung, I haven’t seen him for weeks..” Yuri ask. They have become friend since them. Junhyung, Yoona and herself. They created a good trio of friendship because Junhyung has the same personality as hers.

“he is still in London..his seminar, he said that he will back maybe next week..” Yoona reply and Yuri nod her head.

“and you..you are not going back to Paris anymore?” Yuri ask. The question is a bit painful to her since she do not want that to happen.

“maybe.. but I miss Dana unnie so much..” Yoona exhale. She has been with her for five years and she got the love of a mother, a sister, a friend and as well as a teacher from her.

“morning sweetheart..” Youngbae come from upstair and he kissed Yuri’s cheek and take a sit next to his wife. Yuri smile at him.

“what brings you so early here Yoong..” Youngbae ask when he face Yoona.

“its just..” she answered it hanging and Youngbae smile at her words.

“oh, I thought of taking a leave for today and I want to spend a quality time together with our friends..” Youngbae look at Yuri.

“really? Are you coming with us too Yoong?” Yuri turn to Yoona.

“I can’t..I have one important meeting and one important discussion with my colleagues..”

“Oh..I forgot, you are working right now..” Yuri smile.

“meeting with Seunghyun?” Youngbae ask her but Yuri nudged her husband arm with her elbow. Yoona look at them and smile bitterly. She take  the spoon and sip onto the gravy of the kimchi jigae. The question fleed unanswered and both Youngbae and Yuri also doing the same like there is nothing happened.

***

Yoona closed her car door. This time she is determine. At any point. She will go and meet her parents and Yuri come along with her since Junhyung can’t be with her eventhough he already promised to be by Yoona’s side until that moment come.

Yoona step froze the moment she stand in front of the house. The same house that bring her the sweet and painful memories together. Yuri look at Yoona. She seems hesitate about something

“you are not coming?” she ask her and Yoona exhale slowly. Her shaking legs start to make its way forward. Slowly. Yuri hold onto Yoona’s hand. Giving her strength.

“they have forgive you long ago Yoong and they want to ask your forgiveness as well..I already told your mom that you are coming and she is prepare for that..your appa also looks so excited eventhough he can’t talk that much...” Yuri told her and Yoona smile at the story. This is what a filial child should do to her parents Yoona. Dana unnie has give a piece of her mind about that. Whatever happen. A parents is still a parent and she should not forget about that.

Yoona’s arrival was welcomed by a huge smile from the woman. Mrs Im. Her ears brim with tears that would fall down at any moment. She is waiting with Mr Im on his wheelchair. There is Yubin too. Her face looks different. Different on how she look at Yoona. There is smile on that face. Maybe five years of separation is a good sign for her to h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter