Surprise

SUNFLOWER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

SURPRISE

“The best award for the best students goes to Im Yoona..” the teacher announced the name as everyone can already guess it. The whole audience in the school hall clapped their hand as Yoona stand up and walk slowly to the stage.

Mr Im and Mrs Im can’t help but to smile to their ears as they see their daughter up in the stage, getting ready to receive her awards and preparing to give her speech. Other students parents also start to congratulate Mr and Mrs. Im and praise Yoona’s politeness when she talk.

Yoona come down the stage after she finish with her simple speech. Mrs Im hug her daughter and patted on her backs.

“congratulations sweetheart, we are so proud of you..” she patted her daughter head continuosly. Yoona can’t help but smile. Yes, her relationship with her mother is back to normal. She is happy.

“I am so proud of you my dear..” Mr. Im smile while nod his head. Yoona went to his father and hugs him too.

“thank you appa..omma...” she smile again.

Yubin scowl. She put down her graduation cap and her flower on the chair and sit there. Now, her parents is ignoring her because of Yoona. Even though she did not get any best award like  Yoona but still..hello!!! I am graduating too today okay..

Yoona look at her unnie and she went to her.

“unnie congratulations..” she smile as Yubin just ignore her. looking at her painted nail.

“I can’t believe, finally I can leave this school..I am sick being at this school and reading the books..” Yubin mumbled under her breath.

“unnie..did you say something?” Yoona ask. She is not clear with what she say just now.

“nothing..congratulations for you too...” she said it and stand up to leave them as she walk towards her friends.

Yoona smile after she heard what she said. This is the first time, the first time ever that her sister say something good to her. It should be mark in her diary, the day with miracle. Yoona almost laughing at her own idea.

“yoona..congratulations...” Yuri came and she kissed both of Yoona’s cheek. Yuri’s whole family including her boyfriend, Youngbae come to her graduation day. She can sense that Youngbae is comfortably joking around with Jiyong and Mr. Kwon. They sure look like a happy family.

On the other hand, Yoona is quite dissapointed because Seunghyun can’t come to her graduation day. He went to New York again, handling some of problems there. He said that he will be back soon. But she didn’t know, when exactly is the ‘soon’.

“Yoona-shii congratulations for your awards...” Younbae came to her and handling her something. A red rose.

“what is this for?” she ask.

“Seunghyun told me to give this for you..” Youngbae smile. Yoona slowly take the flower. Yuri got a whole bouquet of roses and so other people around her and Seunghyun only give her one.

“Yoona..I am so mad at you..” Yuri finally speak out but with a low tone. She is afraid if yoona’s parents who happen still talking with her parents can hear her.

“why?” Yoona ask.

“how come you didn’t even told me anything about you and Seunghyun oppa..” she pouted.

“oh.. I am sorry, I thought Youngbae oppa already told you..” Yoona smile embarassingly while looking at Youngbae. Yuri slowly  tugged on her hand and whisper something to her ears.

“how was it? The kiss...” she smile playfully as Yoona suddenly blushed. She bit her lips and glare at Yuri.

“Oh come on yoong..we saw it..after the prom, near the han river, you and Seunghyun oppa ki....” Yoona clapped her hand around Yuri’s mouth with her eyes wide open. She shook her head at Yuri. Asking her to stop. Yuri can’t help but giggled together with Youngbae. Yoona blushed even redder.

“I saw it too..I am sorry..” Younbae try to contained his laugh as Yoona’s face becomes more red.

Yoona feels like hiding her face in her pocket if she can do that. But actually deep inside her heart. She is happy, she got support from so many people including her mother. Yes, Mrs Im know about that. She had to tell her the truth in order to make her believe that she doesn’t have any relationship with Donghae. Mrs Im is just too happy as she want to tell the good news to his husband but Yoona stop her from doing so. They just start and she doesn’t want people to know about that yet.

 

***

Yoona stare at her phone. There isn’t any single call or message from Seunghyun to congratulate her on her graduation. She rolled on her bed and pouted. Her parents went for an event held by the orphanage in Jeju Island. They went there soon after her graduation ceremony this morning.

She was left alone again. Yubin went out with her friend after their parents left and she is still not back yet.Yoona played with her phone until she fall asleep.

Seunghyun walk slowly into the house, Mrs Im give him the passcode to the house. He want to surprise Yoon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter