Chapter 57

She's My Manager.

 

“I knew you would be here.” Sehun walked over to Baekhyun who was sitting at the hospital’s rooftop. The strong wind was ruffling his hair as he struggled to open his eyes.

 

“Oh Sehun-ah.” The latter greeted him with a forceful smile. “What are you doing here?”

 

“Looking for you.” He passed him a cup of hot cocoa he bought earlier.

 

“Thanks.”

 

Baekhyun took a sip and continued to look ahead at somewhere far away. His mind was flooded with pictures of Aleyah and Kai kissing. When Kai was the one who made her life so miserable, he was always there to cheer her up. Yet, she fell in love with Kai and not him. Suddenly, he felt that it hurts to be nice. Because no matter how nice you are to that person, they may not notice it.

 

“Hyung, there are so many other girls out there. I’m sure you can find one that truly deserves you.” Sehun knew his hyung well. This hyung of his was always making everyone laugh but never really share what’s upsetting him. He knew he hides it so he doesn’t have to trouble the members but that’s not what brothers are for. Brothers are supposed to go through happiness and unhappiness together. Not just happiness.

 

“What are you talking about? I don’t understand.” He feigned ignorance.

 

“You don’t have to lie to me hyung. I know you like Aleyah noona.”

 

The older one looked at the maknae with rounded eyes, “How did you know?”

 

“You know that sort of thing whereby an outsider see things clearer than anyone else?” Sehun admitted, “But Kai hyung loves her a lot. Really.”

 

“When we were kidnapped, he volunteered himself in exchange for the saesang to let her go. And when she was hanged, the way he cried and screamed was heartbreaking.”

 

Baekhyun looked at Sehun, unsure of what to say. Has he doubt Kai’s love for her? Actually no. He never doubted their love for one another. He wasn’t upset that Aleyah didn’t choose him, he was just demoralized because he felt that being nice doesn’t really always pay off.

 

“Since when were they together?” He asked calmly.

 

“I know Kai hyung started to develop feelings for her after the stabbing incident. But as for Aleyah noona, I don’t know. Hyung only confessed to her when everything turned life-threatening because he was afraid that he would lose her then.” Sehun didn’t see a need to bluff Baekhyun to make him feel better because he would rather him getting hurt now so he could recover from it entirely. Rather than giving him false hope and raise him up before letting him fall again.

 

“It’s so Kai.” The older one laughed dryly, “That tortoise that always hides in his shell and only comes out when necessary.”

 

“You are not mad with Kai hyung?”

 

Baekhyun thought for a while and shook his head with a genuine smile this time. How could he be mad with Kai? The member that he had been hanging out everyday for the past 3 years. Despite the unhappiness that existed between them before, deep down within him he still love this younger brother of his. There was no way he would spoil the relationship between them again so he would wish them happiness with all his heart. Even if he had to bury his love for her.

 

“That’s good.” Sehun stretched his hand as he stood up from the bench. “Exo will still be one.”

 

“Don’t be silly. Exo will always be one.” Baekhyun joined him at the edge of the rooftop that can oversee the entire layout of the hospital.

 

 “Hyung, maybe your future girlfriend is among the people here?” The younger one pointed to the hospital.

 

“What? A nurse girlfriend?” He raised an eyebrow cheekily, “Sounds hot.”

 

“I know right.” The younger one hit his chest playfully. “Doctor girlfriend sounds good too.”

 

“Not really. I prefer a nurse girlfriend.”

 

“Then we won’t fight. I want a doctor girlfriend.”

 

“Woah woah, our maknae has a big appetite for his girl.”

 

“Of course.”

 

“You cheeky bastard. Who taught you all this?”

 

“Suho hyung was talking about it the other day.”

 

“Aish, Suho hyung.”

 

“Chanyeol hyung too.”

“What! That yeollie, wait till I smack his dirty minded head.”

 

“Please don’t tell him I’m the one who told you. He will kill me.”

 

“I will think about it.”

 

“Hyung!”

 

*******

 

“Can I tell my members about us?” Kai looked up from the apple he was slicing, waiting for her answer.

 

“Huh, can we don’t?” She blushed. “It will be awkward…”

 

“What’s so awkward about it?” He fed her a slice of the apple before putting one into his own mouth.

 

“They will definitely tease us about it.”

 

“Just ignore them. You know how childish they are.”

 

“But what if the company finds out?”

 

“The hyungs will keep a secret. Trust me.”

 

“Maybe not now? Please?” Aleyah held his hand and tugged it cutely, causing him to smile and nodded his head.

 

“Alright alright. You win.”

 

“Yay. You are the best!” She beamed at him.

 

“Any present for being the best?” He hinted.

 

“What present do you want?”

 

“Something like this?” Kai pointed to his lips.

 

“You wish!” She pushed his plump lips away playfully.

 

“If you don’t want to kiss me then can I kiss you?” He leaned in towards her.

 

“Aleyah!!” Just then the door burst open and they sprang away from each other immediately.

 

“Noona! How are you feeling today?”  Tao, Baekhyun, Sehun, Chanyeol, Lay and Kyungsoo walked in with several bags in their hands.

 

“Kim Kai why are you here?” Kyungsoo asked him weirdly. “Didn’t you say you are going to the office?”

 

Kai gulped as he saw how everyone was looking at him, he rubbed his neck and quickly replied. “I went and I was early so I thought I should just meet you guys here.”

 

“Ohh.”

 

“Noona, Chef Kyungsoo whipped up a lot of food for you. He cooked Kimchi Spaghetti, Miso soup, Egg roll and steamed tofu. Which one do you want to eat first?” Sehun chirped happily.

 

“Yeah, he cooked for you ONLY. He refused to let me eat a bit, not even a strand of his spaghetti. How stingy.” Chanyeol spat at him.

 

“You are not the sick one. So you only get to eat her leftovers.” Kyungsoo retaliated as he laid out the dishes in front of her.

 

Aleyah swallowed her saliva at the food before her as she the chopsticks in , contemplating what to eat first. All of them look so mouth-watering that she’s spoilt for choices. After a while, she picked up an egg role and sent it to as she closed her eyes blissfully. It tasted so much better than the bland hospital food she had been eating for the past few days. Her adorable actions made the 6 boys chuckle.

 

“Omg Kyungsoo, if you are my boyfriend I will marry you straight away so you can cook for me everyday.” She giggled happily before poking her chopsticks into the spaghetti. Clearly, she was still not used to having a boyfriend because she had been single for quite some time already. So she did not find anything weird about her sentence. However, her boyfriend on the other hand was staring at Kyungsoo with a killer stare.

 

Baekhyun instantly nudged Sehun to look at Kai. For now they were the only ones who knew about their secret relationship and it was kind of fun to watch them struggle and hide from the other members.

 

“Oh? Aleyah, so you will marry Kyungsoo?” Sehun looked at Kai as he teased Aleyah. His jealous expression was too fun to watch.

 

“Yeah who won’t? His food is too good.” The girl was still indulging in her food to notice her boyfriend’s sudden silence.

 

“Kyungsoo, get together with Aleyah already. You 2 can open an eatery in a neighbourhood and live happily ever after as Mr and Mrs chef Do.” Baekhyun added in. Kai’s face stiffened once again.

 

“I can foresee them having little Kyungsoos running around with their toy kitchen sets in the living room. Hahahah.” Chanyeol just have to add on to everything the group say.

 

“Yeah, the gboy can be called Do Diyo and the girl would be Do Didi? Hahahahaha.” Baekhyun cracked a funny joke, causing everyone in the room to laugh, except for Kai.

 

“Kai, are you okay? You look like you are having a stomachache.” Lay asked the boy standing opposite him. “Do you want to go to the toilet? It’s quite near here.”

 

Baekhyun and Sehun suppressed their laughters as the innocent Lay made the best remark of the day, causing Kai to have steam coming out from his ears.

 

“Yeah, I think I need to use the toilet before Kyungsoo gets married. Or I will be too happy that I think I will in my pants.” He threw this sentence before walking out of the ward angrily, attracting Aleyah’s attention at his angst. Then she realized that her boyfriend was mad.

 

“Don’t worry,” Sehun whispered into Aleyah’s ears.

 

“Sometimes you need to let a guy get jealous so you can see how much he loves you right?” He winked at her playfully.

 

 

This chapter will end in 2 chaps. I know I have a lot of issues I haven't really address properly (don't know if you guys realized)

E.g, the manager competition.

I left all this hanging because I really decided that I want to write a sequel for this FF. But not now. Till i finish L303 or MDIAS then the sequel will come. So keep a lookout! 

So enjoy the last few chapters!

P.S: Baek's fingers are so perfect. Omg. ><