Chapter 52

She's My Manager.

 

“I think Aleyah would’ve whipped up a table worth of food to welcome us back!” Tao chirped happily to the rest of the Chinese members as they walked into the apartment block. “I can smell the aroma from here.”

 

“Exaggerating idiot.” Kris smacked his head but he couldn’t help but to smile at the thought of her cooking dinner for them.

 

“I miss her radish soup.” Lay confessed.

 

“Me too.” Luhan second that.

 

Yeah, you will only get food if she’s back from having all her fun. Kai answered them in his head. He met the group of them at the entrance of their apartment block. Although he was no longer as angry as yesterday but he can’t deny that he was still somewhat mad that she forgot about the promise. However, deep within him, he was actually more worried than angry. He didn’t receive any text or phonecall from her for the past 16 hours and he found it weird because she wasn’t someone who would go uncontactable for such a long period of time. And him being worried became the reason to why he came back to dorm before dinner when their reporting time was 9pm. But he refused to admit that he was worried over the girl who’s having fun with another guy.

 

“Hurry up Kim Kai!”

 

“Coming!”

 

When they reach their dorm, Tao ran inside the living room excitedly but was disappointed.

 

“What? No food?”

 

“Noona!” He shouted but there was no reponse in the empty house.

 

Kai went to her room to check on her immediately but there she wasn’t in there either. It didn’t take him long to come to a conclusion, she was still with Baekhyun.

 

“Hyung, I’m hungry. I need food.” Tao whined.

 

“Ask Lay to cook for you.” Kris suggested to him before walking back into his room to put his belongings.

 

“I only know how to cook ramyeon but Aleyah banned us from eating ramyeon so I’m sorry.” Lay apologise before going back to his room as well.

 

“Luhan hyung..”

 

“I’m sure you don’t want to get cancer from eating my burnt food right?” Luhan had also skillfully refused the maknae.

 

Tao then turn his pitiful face towards the last person in the living room.

 

“Don’t look at me. I will burn down the new apartment’s kitchen if I cook. Do you want to split the cost of this apartment after? If yes, then I will cook.” Kai offered kindly.

 

“No thanks, I will rather starve.” Tao refused his offer and went back to his room to sleep his hunger off.

 

“We’re home!!”

 

“Aleyah! Come and greet your Oppas now!”

 

“Stop asking her to call you Oppa, it’s gross.”

 

“She calls you Oppa everytime, so you’re gross?”

 

“Just shut up Yeol.”

 

“Just shut up Baek.”

 

Before Kai could take a seat at the couch, bickering voices could be heard from the door. It was clearly Chanyeol and Baekhyun’s voice. But he did not hear her voice and clearly she wasn’t with them.

 

“Yo Kim Kai.” The giant greeted him before looking for his manager again, “Aleyah!”

 

“She’s not home.” Kai looked at Baekhyun as he waited for him to respond.

 

“Where did she go?” The latter asked him back innocently.

 

“She wasn’t with you?”

 

“No?”

 

“I thought she went to your house yesterday?”

 

“But she left before dinner time.” Baekhyun looked at Kai weirdly. His eyebrow was so deeply furrowed that he found it weird.

 

“What time did she leave?” Kai pressed on.

 

“Around 6.30 I think? Why?”

 

Kai ran his hand through his hair as he closed his eyes to calm himself down. Something was definitely not right. From Baekhyun’s house to his, it takes less than an hour and Baekhyun said that she left around 6.30, by right the latest she would have reach his house was 7.30. Not only did she not reach his house but she was also coincidentally uncontactable starting from that time.

 

“What’s wrong Kai?” Baekhyun saw him holding his head with his breathing getting heavier.

 

“Aleyah is missing.” His words stunned the other 2 people in the living room.

 

“What?”

 

“What did you say?!” Chanyeol practically shrieked at the top of his lungs.

 

“She was suppose to come over to my house for dinner yesterday evening, but she did not arrive.” His heart was hitting his chest hardly as he spoke.

 

“That doesn’t mean that she’s missing?” Baekhhyun reasoned out with him.

 

“But she hasn’t been replying my messages nor calls!” The boy snapped. He was panicking and he was no longer rational.

 

“That doesn’t mean that she’s missing either.” As much as Baekhyun did not want to sound jealous, he still sounded bitter.

 

“You don’t understand. She doesn’t not reply to messages.” Kai’s words meant nothing bad but it annoyed Baekhyun.

 

“Probably just your messages. She replies to mine.”

 

“Is that important right now?!” Kai screamed back at the older who was behaving so childishly. Right now he doesn’t care who had she been texting or who she had been with, he just wanted to know that she’s safe.

 

“When was the last time you called her?” It was Chanyeol who asked this time.

 

“Yesterday night.. but she wouldn’t not reply my messages. Usually no matter how late it is, she would at least call me to tell me that she’s fine but I hadn’t receive any call or messages since then.” He buried his head in his hands while Baekhyun just eyed the boy before him. His voice was trembling and it started to make him panic too.

 

“Hyung, she really isn’t picking up.” Chanyeol’s face was in a dazed when his phonecall to her was transferred to the voicemail.

 

“I told you all! She’s missing!! Believe me!” Kai was practically begging.

 

“Yeol, try calling Taegoon hyung. Maybe she’s with him or something.” Kris and the other 3 members walked down the steps. They heard the conversation throughout after being alerted by Chanyeol’s manly shriek.

 

The house was in silence as they all looked at Chanyeol who was on the line with Taegoon hyung. He was their last hope.

 

However, when Chanyeol ended his phonecall, he just shook his head with a heavy expression.

 

“Will you all believe me now?!” Kai screamed at all of them with his slightly blurred vision, “Why.. why did I not realize it earlier. Why….”

 

“Kai…” Lay went over and squeezed his shoulders but it did not make him feel any better. He was too preoccupied with the fact that she was with Baekhyun that it blinded him that she was in danger.

 

“. Could it be….” Luhan looked at all of them with his doe eyes. They all knew what he was trying to say even though he tried to avoid the word. The saesang fan. None of them said anything because they knew that was the only the explaination to her disappearance.

 

“Call the rest back now. Call Taegoon hyung. This is serious.” Kris instructed and everyone jumped to action immediately. But Kai’s mind couldn’t process anything, all he saw was images of her laying in those white sheets when she was trying to save him the other time…

 

******

Aleyah woke up to a throbbing pain at the back of her head. Her vision was slightly blurred and she felt nausea. But that didn’t stop her from opening her eyes to find out where she was. She took in her surrounding as she tried to remember what happened before this. It didn’t take her long to recall that she was attacked outside Kai’s house.

 

“Hello.” A voice greeted her from her right and when she turned, she was greeted by a face less than an inch away from hers. All she could see was her eyes due to the close proximity and she screamed in shock.

 

“Am I that scary?” The voice spoke again before pulling away. Aleyah manage to catch her looks this time, a teenage girl with long black hair stood before her. She was still wearing her school uniform.

 

“Who are you?” Just as she wanted to touch her head to ease out her headache, she realized that her hands were tied to her back and so was her feet.

 

“Why do you forget me so easily?” The girl walked closer to Aleyah, bringing her face under the light. This time, she saw her features clearly. The teenage girl has a pair of twinkling black eyes and natural pink pursed lips. She was pretty and it wouldn’t surprise Aleyah if she’s an ulzzang, “Am I of no importance to you?”

 

Aleyah looked at the girl before her, she definitely has never met her before. She doesn’t know anyone that was in their 16s or 17s. Slowly, she drifted from the girl’s face to the surrounding behind her. The walls behind her were filled with photographs of Kai. It filled every small space on the walls. If she felt creepy upon seeing all of these, she couldn’t imagine how Kai would feel. But as her eyes scanned the room, she saw a wall with vandalized with words like ‘’ and ‘’. That was the wall nearest to her and she could clearly see her pictures on it. They were all taken secretly and most of the time Kai could be seen in the pictures.

 

“I’m sure you know who I am now.” The girl’s voice was cold. “You ignored my advice time to time again, do you really think I will let you go so easily?” She went up to her and held Aleyah’s face forcefully by her chin.

 

“You will be like the doll I’ve sent you.”

 

“If you don’t remember, let me show you once again.” She took out a doll that was at least 3 foot tall and started pulling off her arms and legs and threw it towards her. Just as she was about to rip off the doll’s head, she went nearer and put it right before her as she pulled it off and threw it to the other end of the room, “Goodbye Aleyah Lee.”

 

P.S: This Gif is too cute not to be shared. Even the cat can't keep it's hands to itself upon seeing our maknae.

Oh god this saesang fan is sick. Don't ask me how i thought of this but this was the scene that appeared as I write. (Since i don't plan the storyline for this FF beforehand) My friend said that I'm a psycho that is why I can think of such stuff. *sobs*

If you all don't mind, I'm gonna drag this drama over a few chapters. I don't wanna rush through it. Because after this SMM would be coming to an end. And since it's such a long update, can i ask for more comments too? ><

Btw, i need your views on something! I've got a few storyline in my head and i don't know which one should i write after SMM ends. Maybe you all can take your pick and I will go with the one with the highest votes or something? Please vote!!