Chapter 33

She's My Manager.

 

Author’s POV

 

Dressed in jeans, a black cashmere top and a small sidebag, Aleyah closed her bedroom door quietly. She tiptoed across the wooden floor to the main door. Although the distance from her room to the door was not that far, she walked every step with so much care for fear that she will wake the 6 boys up. It was only 7.45am and she was very sure that the boys would not be up so early on their off day.

 

Almost there. She told herself mentally as she opened the shoe cupboard causing it to creak. The girl froze there for a moment as her ears scanned for the sound of door opening. None. Good! This means the boys are still asleep! She put on her shoes swiftly as she reached for the handle of the main door. A smile spread across her face as she pulled open the door. But before she could step out of the door….

 

“Where are you going?” A low voice came from behind. . She cursed before spinning around. A tall figure was leaning against the doorway separating the kitchen and the main door, sipping a cup of banana milk.

 

“Oh.. morning Kai!” She beamed at the boy who looked at her with his amused eyes. He just nodded.

 

“I’m… going… for.. a meeting and I’m running late! Got to go!” Aleyah turned and tried to dash out of the door but her arm was pulled back and she fell onto his chest.

 

“Meeting? In the office?” Kai asked her without letting her hand go.

 

“Yeah.. “ She nodded eagerly. Her eyes were fixed onto the door, waiting for the perfect moment to run out of the house.

 

“Okay, wait for me. I need to practice dance too.” Kai reached for the door behind her and closed it before disappearing to the other doorway on the right down his room. He was smiling as he walked. He witnessed the cute little action of hers ever since she left her room. How she crept across the living room and how she froze one the spot when the cupboard creaked fearing that the boys would be awake. However, she didn’t realize that he was in the kitchen all along.

 

“Uhhhh!” the girl punched her fist in the air in frustration at her failed attempt to get out of the house without any of the members following. She was more than annoyed having someone to follow her around everywhere she went. Just when she thought leaving the house earlier to avoid the boys would be a brilliant idea to be alone, she was caught. By Kai.

 

“Kaja.” Kai pulled his hoodie and walked past her to put on his shoes. He didn’t have to practise dance today since it was Exo’s off day but he knew that if he doesn’t lie Aleyah would never agree to let him send her to the office.

 

“You liar.” Aleyah pouted and glared at him.

 

“About?” He was confused. Since when did he lie to her?

 

“You said you are gonna sleep in yesterday night.” Kai can’t help but ‘pch’ and smile. The two of them had been spending time everynight at the balcony but none of them ever mentioned about it nor talked to each other much face to face in the day. Sometimes Kai feels that their hangout every night was unreal so he was beyond glad that she brought it up. However, he was amused that she was confronting him because she failed to go out of the house secretly.

 

 

“I was but I was hungry.” The boy turned around and dragged the pouting girl out of the house. “Let’s go!”

 

Aleyah’s POV

 

“Come look for me when you are done okay?” Kai smiled and ruffled my hair before disappearing into the dance studio.

 

“No not okay.” I mumbled to myself before storming off to the meeting room. Kai practicing dance on his off day? Hurhur, who is he lying to? He just wanted to follow me and make sure I’m safe! Like the other members…uurgh.

 

  • 4 hours later-

 

I heard loud music booming from the dance studio he was in before I went in. Opening the door slowly, I peeked in. However I can’t see him anywhere.  Pushing the door open, I saw him laying on the floor with his arms covering his eyes. He was so engross in doing whatever he was doing that he didn’t even realize I was there.

 

“Oh..” The low husky voice echoed through the empty dance studio when I walked over to switch off the stereo. He was squinting his eyes to look at me as he propped himself up slowly to a sitting position. Biting his lower lips, his eyebrow furrowed deeply.

 

“Ah!” Before I could ask him what’s up with his weird expression, he fell back to the floor. His face was contorted in pain. His eyes were tightly closed as he bit his lower lips to silence out the moans.

 

“Y…yah.. Gwenchana?!” I ran over to him and knelt beside him instantly. Panic engulfed me as I thought of what could have happened to him. My mind was in a total mess and I could feel my heart feeling somewhat uncomfortable when I saw his painful expression.

 

“K…Kai… “ I reached out to his face and cupped his cheeks when he didn’t respond to me. Hopefully it will help, somehow.

 

“My.. back…” He breathed out heavily as his eyes remained closed. His back? His back! Yes, he has back problem all along. Just that I wasn’t close to him last time so I didn’t get to encounter such incident before.

 

“Your back?? I will call the ambulance!” I fumbled through my bag for my phone. My hands were shivering unknowingly as I rummaged through the things in my bag.

 

“Don’t.” Kai grabbed my hand as he opened his eyes slightly. “My bag.. painkillers.”

 

I threw my phone down and ran towards his bag instinctively. Pouring the items out on the floor, I still couldn’t see his medication anywhere. His phone, cap, notebook, psp, wallet… but there wasn’t any medication!!

 

“Front.. pocket.” He pointed to the bag from where he was. From his expression I could tell that the pain got worst. He was swallowing hard as he gripped his own shirt. Sweat was forming on his forehead, making it glitter under the lights in the room. My trembling hands opened the front pocket and pulled out his medication before I ran back to him again with my slightly blurred vision.

 

Water! Water!! I ran to the table and grabbed a bottle of water before going back to him again. Propping him up slightly so his head could rest on my legs while I knelt down to feed him his medication. He was like a helpless little boy as he rested on me with his eyes tightly closed.

 

I swallowed hard to fight back the lump forming at the back of my throat. He was in so much pain yet he tried to silence the pain by biting his lips. Suddenly flashbacks of my tailbone injury started coming back. I remembered how painful it was as I looked at this boy on my lap once again.

 

When relapsed, it’s like a sharp pain piercing through your lower back. One cannot sit, lay down or walk. It was a torture. How long had he been experiencing this? Looking at his painkillers, it was the same painkillers that I used to take. It was a drug. A very strong drug that kills the pain but you will be very dependent on it.

 

Unknowingly, my hand started his soft brown hairs as I studied his features. His eyebrows were still furrowed and he was still biting his thick lips. Although he was tan, he was flawless. His jawline was so defined that it brought out his other features. As much as he was giving a contorted expression, he was still good looking.  

 

“The pain will go away. Count to 100 and the pain will go away…”  It was almost magical..his eyebrow straightened out slowly as he bit his lips no more. His breathing became a slow and constant one….

 

 

Hello! Sorry for the lack of updates! Had been really busy this week due to family function and some errands that I've promised my friend.

I'm trying very hard to make my stories as descriptive as possible, so please pardon me if i failed at it. /:

Anw, do you guys prefer to read from the different ppl's POV or author's POV?

I'm thinking of making it to author's POV but sometimes it's more fun to read it from the character.

So let me know what you guys prefer?

Will try to update more often this week! Oh and i lost the bid in advertising. Sigh. ))):

Comment & Subscribe! (: