Chapter 36

She's My Manager.

 

“Tell me why have you been sleeping alone?”

 

The boy gulped as his eyes darkened when the girl said that. He didn’t know what to say. How was he going to tell her that the members are boycotting him? It’s just not right to badmouth your members like that.. The balcony was quiet for a few minutes as the boy thought of an explaination.

 

“Baekhyun Oppa told me that you caught the flu bug.” Aleyah broke the silence and the boy’s eyes sparkle almost instantly.

 

Right before Kai could use the same excuse that Baekhyun gave, Aleyah continued. “That was 2 weeks ago by the way. If you are going to tell me that you really did, you would be lying right at my face because I know you did not catch the flu bug. You are perfectly fine when we are out in the balcony every night. Plus, I hate it when people lie to me so Kim JongIn you better don’t. You promised to make it up to me. “ The girl was serious when she said she hates people lying.

 

Kai stared at Aleyah with his darkened eyes once again. It’s not that he wanted to lie, he wants to be truthful but this is much more than being honest because this somehow concerns her. How will she feels if she knows that she’s one of the main reason that contributed to Exo’s fights, his bycott, his ban to go near her by SHINee, his broken friendship with Taemin? And if he was to say it all, he’s putting 11 other members into bad names. It will seem like he’s being bullied when what they did was absolutely right? The boy was badly torn between all these thoughts.

 

He bit his lips as he rubbed his face nervously. He knew there’s no running away from the truth when he saw her serious face. She won’t let it rest until she gets something out from him.

 

“Remember what I’ve said earlier?” Kai’s low voice echoed in the empty balcony as he carefully chose words that would hurt either party the least. Even if that means he would be deem as the bad guy. “I played too many pranks on you to make you quit. Before you took that stab for me, I was still planning to make you leave when the other members told me that you are different. I hated you even more because you got all the members on your side.”

 

“So I started planning for the next prank myself. Before I could execute my masterplan, the crazy fan stabbed you at the airport. It was natural for members to think that I planned to let you take that stab for me. They confronted me but I denied, so we fought. Probably me denying irks them so Kyungsoo Hyung and Baekhyun Hyung shifted out of the room.” The boy smiled and looked down. He did not lie to her, he told her the truth. But little did she know that it was only half of what the poor boy had suffered. Probably even the summarized version of it.

 

The balcony fell into silence once again. Kai stared at Aleyah as she tried to digest what he had just told her. She knew the boy has been sleeping alone when she sends his jacket back to his room every morning. It was weird to see one person’s belonging in that room. Suddenly everything started to make sense. Aleyah recalled how she did not see him after that one time in the hospital and the next time she saw him was him looking in a terrible state.

 

“I didn’t lie. It was the truth.” Those black eyes looked so sincere that Aleyah smiled when she saw them. She knows he’s telling the truth. “I know.”

 

“But I have a question…” Kai’s eyes widened. He was afraid that she would dig further. “Ask away.”

 

“What’s your masterplan?” The girl smiled cheekily as her eyes arched into a thin line. “What’s the prank? I wanna know!” Kai sighed in relieve as he shook his head in defeat. Looks like he worried for nothing, this kitty cat’s brain is quite simple afterall. He looked down at her hand that was grabbing his, she was so excited that she kept shaking his arm demanding him to tell her what was it.

 

“I don’t want to.” He looked away playfully causing the girl to pull his arm harder.

 

“Whyyyyy!” She whined, causing Kai to smile on the other side.

 

“How weird can you get? Why do you want to know how someone is gonna bully you?” Kai gave her the disgusted look as he move away from her.

 

“I’m just curious! C’mon mummy’s boy Kim JongIn!” Aleyah was really curious how he was going to prank her. She wanted to see if she would quit if he executed it so she moved closer to him.

 

“What did you just call me?!” The boy was practically half screaming when he heard that coming from her.

 

“Mummy’s boy!”

 

“I am not!”

 

“Yes you are! Kim JongIn is a mummy’s boy! Kim JongIn is a mummy’s boy!.......”

 

“You kitty cat! Stupid kitty cat!”

 

“Alalalala. Kim JongIn is a mummy’s boy!”

 

“Stop it!”

 

“Tell me what’s the masterplan then.”

 

“No.”

 

“Kim JongIn is a mummy’s boy! Kim JongIn is a mummy’s boy!”

 

“Oh goshhhh…” The boy sighed as he covered his ears. Although he seemed annoyed, a smile was hanging on his face all along. Looks like it’s gonna be another long night….

 

 

Double update!

Thanks for your comments. Really. You guys really dunno how important comments are to writers.

It's heartwarming to know someone appreciates your writing and also the character you created.

Gonna head to bed now. 3 hours till I wake up to catch the coach to Tioman.

Surprise me with your comments & subscription when I'm back okay?

Seeyah.